Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Re: Rug Doctor
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 11:27:01 pm »

Norbert

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 12:30:46 am »
Hi Alan,
I've had my old Prochem Steampro since  the early 1980's, when I did my carpet and upholstery training with the great Ron Tilley  and it's been 100% reliable over all that time.

I stopped carpet cleaning for some years, just doing the odd carpet and bit of upholstery now and again over the years. 
This year I decided to get back into carpet and upholstery cleaning again and looked at all the new portable machines on the market, things have moved on so much now. In the end I bought the Ashby's Enforcer with in tank heater and 400PSI pump, it's a great machine for my needs and really well made.

I've all ways liked Prochem's machines, but prefer an in tank heater, which Prochem no longer do and a variable high pressure pump . As well as looking at Prochem's machines I would also look at others from Ashby's range, Alltec and Cleansmart as well.
Regards Phil

William Roper

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2020, 11:39:09 am »
Rug doctor (mod edit: please do not link)  comes with large capacity tank. It is perfect for less time spent for cleaning larger homes and open spaces. It removes dirt, water, and carpet fiber retention.

dustee

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 08:05:37 pm »
so does a proper machine

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2020, 04:03:22 pm »
Plankton

don't compare it with other machines. its a carpet cleaner and it is used by thousands of people up and down the UK to clean carpets that are very happy with the results. that's not to say that there are not better machines that you can buy.  when choosing a machine one of the considerations is value for money.  so from the cheapest right up to the most expensive you can find value in each one.

I am sure that you know the difference between price and value.  what gives you the best value? and lets you give your customers the best value for their money? The customer is buying a clean carpet and how you get to that can be as cheap or expensive as you like the difference is the profit you make. the more money you spend on cleaning the carpet the less you will make compared with other carpet cleaners.

It is silly to think that people choose you because of the machine you use. they choose you because of your value proposition and will recommend you of the quality of your work not the machine.

Hope that helps?

Respects

Ian Harper