This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: Brushes.................again!!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 08:01:54 am »
Please explain how a brush can be gliding over the glass and scrubbing it at the same time, its a bit
like saying an aquaplaning car tyre has great grip on the road.

;D ;D ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 08:08:40 am »
X line for me at the moment. I wouldn't send my money to the Tecbook bloke no matter how good the brushes were - he was a complete idiot on here years ago.

You mean Euan who become Richard - never!

Mmmm. I'm inclined to agree. He was extremely rude to myself and LeeGLS when we challenged him on the weight of the brushes we bought.

Didn't he also have a run in with Nat on his forum back then? He then 'answered' the challenge on the only other forum whose members hadn't seen through him yet. Nat copied the reply and posted it back on his forum. He didn't make a good impression with that one.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 08:27:16 am »
He spent a long time trying to destroy Gardiners reputation too - fortunately Alex was too professional but nearly bit once or twice.

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 10:53:23 am »
X line for me at the moment. I wouldn't send my money to the Tecbook bloke no matter how good the brushes were - he was a complete idiot on here years ago.

Think I asked this question on another thread but forgotten which one............. ??? (I'm getting old)

Dave how do you find the weight of the xline?

Is it comparable to the supreme or heavier?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 12:40:00 pm »
Richard from tecbuk seemed to have produced a good range of wfp brushes all be it heaver than others going by cleaners reviews that tried them. However the way he went about his marketing was a lot to be desired. Not to mention in the process upset a lot of people on forms too. Shame really as he obviously had a great passion for trying to produce good wfp brushes but the nail in the coffin so to speak I think was his attempt to produce a lighter brush that customers had issues with.  Then he suddenly disappeared off the radar for whatever reason.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 02:33:07 pm »
That new Xline brush cleans very well but it's still on the heavy side although I do find it slightly lighter and easier to handle than the Superlites,very good bristle positioning and its keeping its shape better than other brushes. I hope they  do a similar brush with half the weight

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 04:50:17 pm »
I use the full boars hair brush for cladding - sfg work, it's excellent, if not a tad heavy

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 06:02:21 pm »

Think I asked this question on another thread but forgotten which one............. ??? (I'm getting old)

Dave how do you find the weight of the xline?

Is it comparable to the supreme or heavier?

It feels a bit lighter than a Superlight - probably because it doesn't seem to hold the water. Splay is spot on in my opinion. I thought the Supremes were oversplayed and the wrong shape. Only my opinion. Also the dual trim is quite close - outsides not much longer than the insides. It's a simple brush that seems to work well.

Just remembered - you have the technique of a man possesed so you might find it a tad heavy - I'm more laid back with a slower scrubbing action  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 06:12:47 pm »
I reckon you all worry too much about brushes. I don't see that brushes make a huge difference except in terms of weight. Sill brush for conservatory roofs but that's about it. Actually, that's only because I have fan jets on the sill brush and I like fans for roofs.

SeanK

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »
I reckon you all worry too much about brushes. I don't see that brushes make a huge difference except in terms of weight. Sill brush for conservatory roofs but that's about it. Actually, that's only because I have fan jets on the sill brush and I like fans for roofs.

I couldn't agree more, like most I have tried more than a few different brushes over the years and as far as cleaning is concerned they all worked now I just use the lightest available.

SeanK

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 07:18:47 pm »
Fan jets are brilliant for conservatory roofs especially if using water straight from the customers tap.

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 08:25:47 pm »
its all about weight for me.thats what puts me off buying an x line brush.

its ok using a heavier brush when cleaning  bog standard houses with easy to reach windows.no problems but i have very few properties like these on my round.loads have awkward windows above connys/extensions,3 storey,velux etc and using heavier brushes makes a massive difference on the end of an xtreme pole.

today ive been cleaning mostly 3 bed semis(4 weekly work) with lots of these types of windows often extending my pole to the full 25ft to reach them.ive been using an xtreme medium mixed.light as a feather and scrubs well for such a light brush.it was virtually effortless poling with this brush.

i switched once to a flocked supreme for a fairly large 5 bedder(8 weekly job)as it has a fair few leaded windows and pretty dirty due to frequency and being surrounded by large trees.

price higher/work harder!

Mike #1

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 06:57:11 am »
An Xtreme brush to me is just not an all round brush ,  Great for use when cleaning above 25ft on town houses then i will use it all day if needed but it is more of glass cleaning brush great for modern commercial buildings .

Supreme soft hybrid great all rounder for cleaning frames and deep sills but the bristles hold water which is great on large glass but increases the weight , Switching to Supreme medium today on my Xtreme 22 and see how i go it could be my everyday brush only time will tell .