This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

nightmare
« on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:58 pm »
hey guys,
what a nightmare we have had since going over to wfp.
firstly we had some parts of the system broken when we took deliverythis stopped us completely with installing it into the van, then the replacement items for the broken ones were the wrong parts, of course we didnt realise this until we hadwasted about another half of a day with the installation of the tank and r/o system, rather than wait for another delivery from the supplier we trawled round the local area and eventually found the parts we needed.
then we thought ok no probs lets start and clean some windows, the tank we had purchased would not fill up overnight....we were lucky to get 1/2 a tankthis coupled with the fact that we had the wrong jets in the poles meant that we were lucky to work withthe poles for more than 2hrs, we then bought a pump to fill the tank fasterand we then got a full tank,but, the jets were still wrong so we couldnow only work for about4-5 hrs,
then the jets arrived and at last we were able to work with a full tank and the right flow and we could now manage to do about 6-7,hrs which ws about ahwt we wanted.
alls well then........no chance,
the microbore hose that we had started to expand like a sausage and kept leaking and it expanded so much it busted the hose reel that it was on, we couldnt get a replacement because our supplier was on holiday, so we were back to half dfays again because of the ammount of water we were losing, eventually we got a new hoseand again we thought great back to full days agsin, no chance then the clear tube going into the flow control taps that were on the pole started to pull out of the tap and you need new olives to get them to stay together, suprisingly we didnt have anyanother lost half of a daythen for the last few days the clear hose that goes from the yellow hose to the tap also started to expand and burst on us, when this happens you have to cut the offendin piece of hose out and recconnect to the tap, this hose started off about 18 inches long today the piece we had going to our hoses on both the poles we have was about 4 inches.....then they both burst... surely we cant be the only pepole who have had these things happen can we.
now tmrw we have to try to get some tube so that we can work but we are sure to lose more time....when the hell do we get a chance to make this time back up.
sorry to moan on but am p*****D off and fed up
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

sunshine windows

Re: nightmare
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 09:13:43 pm »
how come the hoses keep expanding. Is it caused by a blockage in pipes or what?
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

billozz

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24:36 pm »
how come the hoses keep expanding. Is it caused by a blockage in pipes or what?
god knows we dont just keep growing like sausages, the microbore was bad enough but now the clear stuff....just too much
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 10:33:44 pm »
Billozz

I have got the sausage and cant wait for my new hose to arrive.

Have you got a varistream as this will help with your water flow rate.

I think everyone new to wfp goes through the same proccess ,maybe not as bad as you.

I think half of the problem is that we are used as guinea pigs for new equipment without it being realy tested out in the field.

My biggest bug bear is leaks with my van getting soaked everyday.

Also i have clamps which dont grip the pole lengths very well any more which gets quite annoying.

In the past i have had collapsing brushes ,hoselock fittings popping off ,air locks, button breaking on the varistream.

The amount of hose reels i have bought in the past is unbelievable.

My advice is stick with it ,it will get better , well a little bit anyway.

Dave