Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Haney

Hello all how many of you after you pre sprayed the carpet and agitate ect just use water to rinse and clean it. Thanks again

Radek Jablonski

Water only, on 99% of the jobs. I always use it as an advantage of customer asks what chems I use. Good to say that you leave no chemicals in the carpet, that you different to all those who run detergents through the rinse.

Paul Haney

Hi radek what machine do u use. We use the enforcer 400psi  with the built in heater and v2 steam mate  also what pre sprays are u using regards paul

Kev Loomes

We have always used a decent deodouriser and acid.  I know quite a few who use a ph cleaner in their rinse to aid in the cleaning, but I've always preferred the acid side for various reasons, along with keeping the TM nice and clear.

ShaunL

Kevin, do you put the acid rinse in your main water tank or do you use a last step system?

Paul Haney

Hi kev  what machines do u use truck mount or portable  machine thanks also I'm finding out what other people are using for pre sprays regards

scott johns

ultimate master self neutralising

Lewis Newby

Most presprays will recommend what is a suitable rinse,  for some that will vary depending on fibre type.

I used mostly spm last year and it recommends acid rinse on wool, plain water on synthetics.

Kev Loomes

Hi Shaun
It goes in the tank.

Hi Paul
99.9% of the time it's TM. With regards to pre-sprays my main one is one I make myself using raw ingredients, as is the acid.

ShaunL

I put mine in the tank. I've read before that it can cause damage. I've never had problems myself and it does keep it nice and clean.

john martin

Hi Shaun
It goes in the tank.

Hi Paul
99.9% of the time it's TM. With regards to pre-sprays my main one is one I make myself using raw ingredients, as is the acid.

what prespray formula do u put together  ... unless its top secret that is

Kev Loomes

Hi John

It's no secret, you probably would be able to guess as you know your stuff :D

But getting back to the original question, if I used a porty I probably wouldn't use plain water as you need all the help you can get tbh, so depending on the clean I would use ultimate master or F90 in the rinse, after spraying and agitating with desired product and have the water as hot as possible if running F90. But this is very rare for me, maybe once or twice a year, I don't like this way as I do prefer an acid finish, but that's the nature of the beast I guess.

Steve Chapman

Just water , it's a good marketing point..

john martin

Dave_Lee

Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."