Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Steempro vacs
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:16:31 pm »
Can anyone recommend where to get a vac for a steempro at a decent price.
Seen some on ebay but to be honest dont really know what i need and how much i should be paying.
Appreciate any info.

Carpet2Clean

Re: Steempro vacs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 10:05:09 pm »
Hi Steven

Had my Steempro vacs upgraded to Lamb ametek h/d 1500w by Alltec Network. Or give these ago
http://www.carpetcleanersstore.co.uk/

Richard

Scott Blaney

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:02:45 pm »
Can anyone recommend where to get a vac for a steempro at a decent price.
Seen some on ebay but to be honest dont really know what i need and how much i should be paying.
Appreciate any info.

Planning on fitting them yourself?

Robin Ray

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 05:03:15 pm »
Any 5.7   3 stage vac should fit. You may want to consider the Electros from John Kelly I have two in my  Airflex and it is powerful.

Simonthegreat

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:37:23 am »
Hi Steven

Had my Steempro vacs upgraded to Lamb ametek h/d 1500w by Alltec Network. Or give these ago

Richard
Hi Richard, have you had any problems with the machine tripping peoples electrics after upgrading?
I was going to fit 2 x 1500w Electro Motors to my Steempro but was told it may Trip peoles electric with the motor and pump all been on one power lead,
Simon

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 07:14:03 pm »
Hi Steven

Richard
Hi Richard, have you had any problems with the machine tripping peoples electrics after upgrading?
I was going to fit 2 x 1500w Electro Motors to my Steempro but was told it may Trip peoles electric with the motor and pump all been on one power lead,
Simon

Hi Simon

Had no probs with tripping electric. If you go with the Electro motors i think they draw less amps (John Martin ) is the best person on here to ask. On my Alltec machine i run the Lamb 1500w h/d with the Electro h/d motor.

Going to replace the Lamb motors to Electro's when they go pop...

john martin

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »
Not sure if they draw less amps , depends what motors you are comparing .  Thing about the electros is there is several models , and it hard to say what ones a re what unless u have the model number .
The ones advertised as 1500w , could be 1500w or they could be 1400w called 1500w of they could be what i call 1600w called 1500w :) 
So , im not sure what one the carpetcleaningstore has , perhaps ask him for the number .
The Electros that interested me were the conical topped versions mostly , which i got from the states . Buts its easier for me to get 6.6s from the cleaningstore guy , so il switch to them for now .
But for your steampros the electros should fit no problem and two 1500w on one cord should not give any major issues .

Carpet2Clean

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 10:01:02 pm »
Not sure if they draw less amps , depends what motors you are comparing .  Thing about the electros is there is several models , and it hard to say what ones a re what unless u have the model number .
The ones advertised as 1500w , could be 1500w or they could be 1400w called 1500w of they could be what i call 1600w called 1500w :) 
So , im not sure what one the carpetcleaningstore has , perhaps ask him for the number .
The Electros that interested me were the conical topped versions mostly , which i got from the states . Buts its easier for me to get 6.6s from the cleaningstore guy , so il switch to them for now .
But for your steampros the electros should fit no problem and two 1500w on one cord should not give any major issues .

Cheers John

Simonthegreat

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 10:18:47 pm »
Hi Steven

Richard
Simon

Hi Simon

Had no probs with tripping electric. If you go with the Electro motors i think they draw less amps (John Martin ) is the best person on here to ask. On my Alltec machine i run the Lamb 1500w h/d with the Electro h/d motor.

Going to replace the Lamb motors to Electro's when they go pop...
Many thanks for your reply :)

Simonthegreat

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 08:46:17 am »
Good Morning John,
I was wondering if you could be so kind as to advise if these Vac motors would be ok in  Steempro?
I was told they may trip the Electric in customers houses?
Thanks in advance .
Simon
http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/sec836fd711b0/?ObjectID=34188633

Robin Ray

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 08:51:59 am »
I'm not John obviously... however I have those two same motors in my machine. They will not trip the custys electrics, however the plug can get a little hot at times.

To realize the true potential of those motors it is best to also upgrade to 2 inch hose.

SimonW

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 10:39:41 am »
what about 6.6 ?

Simonthegreat

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 01:07:40 pm »
I'm not John obviously... however I have those two same motors in my machine. They will not trip the custys electrics, however the plug can get a little hot at times.

To realize the true potential of those motors it is best to also upgrade to 2 inch hose.
Thank you Robin.

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »
My data tells me the 049 1500 watt vacs draw 7 amps so my reckoning is 2 x these with the pump draw shouldn't really be operating on one plug.

john martin

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »
My data tells me the 049 1500 watt vacs draw 7 amps so my reckoning is 2 x these with the pump draw shouldn't really be operating on one plug.

yeah , it ends up around 15amps  , but in reality not much happens . Plug may run a little warm . Just change it every once in a while .   

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 09:19:21 am »
As a supplier I have to take professional advice on matters such as this. I have spoken to my electrician who is a guy at the top of his profession having been regional technical manager for North Eastern Electricity Board. He has told me it is a definite no for using more than 13 amps on a single plug. A double 13 amp socket is tested to 20 amps in total so you can run up to 20 amps on 2 plugs on 1 double socket.
Running more than 13 amps on one socket is dangerous. If the plug is heating up, other components in the circuit could also be over heating. He has advised this could cause damage to a properties electrical system. More worrying were it to damage the circuits on a commercial premises.
My advice stands do not load more than 13 amps on to one power lead. If you want more power upgrade to a more powerful machine.