This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Can you make glass self cleaning with chemical
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 09:37:50 pm »
That's because he's such a big player  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

kevincoggan

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 10:04:59 pm »
I think this is what you want.
http://www.newguardcoatings.com/uk/product/nano-technology/guardnanotech-glass   

It is used by a few well known window cleaners wink wink.
,ok,i know these guys as i clean there windows,that product is just an overpriced nano treatment and hydrophobic as well,ok if you want to spend £164 for a litre

kevincoggan

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »
and its not used on there windows either-i use my own mixture ;D

kevincoggan

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 10:09:48 pm »
All you done was apply a product to the windscreen of a car that made it repel water for a while ( for what reason who knows), similar to what a wax will do on the cars bodywork.
There's nothing out there chemical wise that will turn glass into self cleaning and be thankful for it because if there was some guy would come along make a quick fortune and put us all out of business.
There are a few very boring videos out there on how to make glass hydrophobic if you want to learn a bit about the self cleaning
technology.
Just search for how to make glass hydrophobic.,yes its there sean,it takes some doing but it has been done ;) ;) ;)

slap bash

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 10:16:05 pm »
This seems a little too close to the truth for comfort. I wonder why someone feels they need to intervene or is it important that the truth come out. Maybe its an investment that needs protecting.

slap bash

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 10:31:07 pm »
Mr Rhinoman reading your threads smacks of someone full of himself. "light years ahead of you guys," its a very arrogant.  You are not as smart as you think.  This thread is too close to home is it.

Darranvps

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:49 am »
 ;D

slap bash

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 12:43:53 pm »
If anyone has any doubt what is in those little blue bottles they will have a good idea now. This was a question about making glass  hydrophobic and out rushes Rhino and Coggen to defend their case. Now why would that be I guess. You chaps are sh2t layers. You should have not interveined at all. Another marketing blunder. Folk are not that thick or gullible as you think they are.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 06:12:27 pm »
I thought the stuff in little blue bottles was supposed to make things more hydrophillic?
Rhino's stuff is what scruffy foreign workers in hoodies apply to the frames to make them look new isn't it?

paulben

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 06:39:02 pm »
If you want an alternative to rain x try silicone lubricant Boyes had some at £2.00 a spray can . Spray on rub in and jobs a good un
Do not steal the government hates competition

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 11:27:00 pm »
We have the products for the glass and we have the stuff to add to pure water ;D

Tadgh has little or no idea so dont listen - he's using and selling stuff we were playing around with 25 years ago

Thats why we are the best in the business - I keep telling you all - your light years behind us  ;D ;D ;D
Hi Rhinoman, in fairness to you as you are well deserving of the award for being the biggest PP on CIU, congratulations and i take my hat off to you, look forward to reading more BP in your future postings.

slap bash

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 04:54:29 pm »
There is nothing like self appointment. Its easy to proclaim you are the best. Said who?  it must be difficult breathing with your own head up your, ask you mother  for a sixpence.

kevincoggan

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »
If anyone has any doubt what is in those little blue bottles they will have a good idea now. This was a question about making glass  hydrophobic and out rushes Rhino and Coggen to defend their case. Now why would that be I guess. You chaps are sh2t layers. You should have not interveined at all. Another marketing blunder. Folk are not that thick or gullible as you think they are.
the original poster was asking about how to make glass self cleaning slap bash,i can't speak about darren as i don't really know him but i wouldn't class myself as a sh2t layer?-also you spelt my surname wrong,what is in those little blue bottles slap bash is a long long way away from the link you posted,i merely said that i cleaned the windows at there premises and use my own preffered mix to clean them with,what case am i defending?,

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 09:53:16 pm »
Come on slap bash, my popcorn's gone soft  ::)roll

Darranvps

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 07:05:45 am »
It is easy to make the glass hydrophobic - we do it for plenty of customers.
When we apply our three step system the glass is coated and stays clean for a very long time! We cant say how long as we have only been using it for 18 months.

We do NOT sell our products we use them ourselves - that is why we are the very BEST ;D

If you strive to be the best - dedication is what you need so Roy Castle sang!

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 07:07:38 am »
Durrr, so you haven't been doing it for 25 years then?

SeanK

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 07:21:54 am »
I wonder has Rhinoman ever heard the saying... Self praise is no recommendation. ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 08:30:53 am »

30 years already. But only been using this type of Hydrophobic stuff for 18 months

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 11:11:06 am »

30 years already. But only been using this type of Hydrophobic stuff for 18 months
Harry was enquiring about a chemical that you could use to make the glass self cleaning, surely Rhionman  you are not going to fill us with more BP and tell us you have one, again these are the reasons you are so deserving of being the biggest PP on CIU.

Darranvps

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 11:20:16 am »

Harry was enquiring about a chemical that you could use to make the glass self cleaning, surely Rhionman  you are not going to fill us with more BP and tell us you have one, again these are the reasons you are so deserving of being the biggest PP on CIU.

Tadhgy I agree with you in full - well done!