This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AMG

A Weeks Work!
« on: February 29, 2004, 10:08:55 pm »

Hi Guys,

I was asked last week to quote for a big hotel to be cleaned on a regular basis, I'm well pleased at this as I have been re-shaping my round and getting quicker of course (it's my first 6 months!) and I have one week free at the end of my month rotation. Having a look around I think it would take me 4 days to do the whole job on my own so I was going to price it as a week just so I have some back up if I under estimated it..

So guy's, my question is, what would you charge a commercial business (a classy place to boot!) for a weeks work? I don't want to over charge and risk loosing the job as I need the work, but equally don't want to under price myself and end up kicking myself forever..

I'm thinking around £300-£400 I know some of you might laugh at that for a weeks work and some may says that'll do nicely, but what I need to find out is what is reasonable, what is cheap, and what is pushing my luck!!

All input greatly received.

Andy

Neil

Re: A Weeks Work!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 10:41:32 pm »
Hi Andy
I too have only been at it for about six months or so.
I would say be very careful not to under price
You know what you can earn in a day at the moment. and if like me you are getting quicker all the time then ask yourself what you are going to be earning in a few months time?
You could if your not careful limit your potential earnings for a long time.
If it were me in your situation I think I would go in high and hope for the best.
If they dont like it they will tell you and you can come down a bit (but you cant go up so easily!)
All the best with it
Let us know how it goes :)

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 12:46:17 am »
how big is this hotel

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 01:09:59 am »
well if you think it will take you 4 days, 400 quid, but as you said, you should have a extra day (just in case)

500 quid :)

100 quid a day does me nicely :)

Rick

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 01:51:52 am »

100 quid a day does me nicely :)

Word.