This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lal

Re: advertising
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2015, 08:01:47 am »
For the guys with the sign written vans, does it make much difference? have you got more work as a result of your sign writing? or does it give you more credibility when turning up at a job?
I'm getting mine done this week, hope it makes a difference  8)
A sign written van is a must!!

Mine picks me up loads of work.

+1

lal

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 08:27:01 am »

Sign Written Van
                                 Website
                                 Facebook Page
                                 Listed on a few free online directories

Lal

What free online directory s do you use and do you get jobs from them.
What about sales calls how do you cope with them.
I am thinking cause there free they will try sell you advirtizing that's better than free ?
Thanks

Hi Halton, i'm in Galway ireland, so most of the free online directories i use would only apply here, the best thing for you to
do is google free online directories and research it, thats how i did it.
i wouldn't say i get much work direct from these sites, but your website link on these sites is fantastic for SEO, so the more
free sites your on the better for your google search ranking.
i don't get many sales calls regarding advertising, on the odd occasion i get a company pestering me, i just block their calls.
Hope this helps.

Lal

jwplasterers

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 08:32:44 am »
Hasti and mick Kent good my little bit of advertising speech it's the only way to go you don't need anything else

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 09:03:44 am »
I know a lot of this has been said already but a Sign written Van, Website with all the relevant links like google, yell and Facebook.

Leaflets are a must for me now.  I always had word of mouth recommendations and was expanding slowly however about 3 months ago i designed and ordered a load to drop around existing customers and no word of a lie, i dropped about 15 leaflets down 1 street i have a few houses on as a tester and i had a call before i finished for the day! 6 new regulars came from those 15 leaflets!

The trick is to keep continuity with the design on the website, van and leaflets.  Keep it them simple and to the point.  My dad always says "sell the sizzle, not the sausage".

Ultimately theres lots of ways to advertise. Try them all to get your name around.  Good luck

Jon

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 11:24:27 am »
Brilliant info cheers 👍

HALTON

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 11:28:51 am »
Thanks all for advise
what you verdict on my leaflet  and cards
Card Front
Card Back
Flyer

Cookie

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 12:24:46 pm »
Thanks all for advise
what you verdict on my leaflet  and cards
As a customer I might be a bit confused as to whether you are offering general cleaning services or window cleaning services. The bit about fully insured and friendly reliable service is good.  I usually include photos of myself by my van or cleaning windows  on leaflets & on my business card (rather than stock photos).

SeanK

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 12:30:26 pm »
I would get rid of the 0800 number and replace it with a normal landline, if you need a window cleaner your
not going to worry about spending a few pence on a phone call.
The biggest hurdle with any new customer is to get then to trust you around their property, a local landline number is a good
start in this.
A sign written van is well worth the money as it  draws the neighbours to your services and gives them a contact
number should they like what they see.
Don't get too carried away with a uniform and shiny boots as people expect work to be done in work clothes, as long as your
tidy then that's more than enough, I would say the same about your vehicle keep it tidy also as we are in the cleaning business.
Leaflets didn't work for me but they are not expensive and work for others so well worth a try.
Places like community centres, churches and public buildings will have notice boards where you can stick a leaflet but don't
leave them in places like fast food carry outs as you will get the late night partiers ringing to annoy.

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 12:57:31 pm »
Design, font etc is very good.  but you need to catch the potential readers attention. Ask a Question? Dirty windows? Need a window cleaner?

i went with "Need a window cleaner?" 

i also tried to sell it on what might someone want from their window cleaner?  well someone who is Professional, Affordable and Reliable.  so again i went with this.

i opted for double sided A6 Leaflets. eye catching for the front and informative on the back.  no need to fill every available space with information. just bullet point.

heres my residential leaflet.  not everyones cup of tea but works a treat for me.
front

back

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 03:16:33 pm »
Awesome leaflets

robbo333

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 06:49:43 pm »
Sorry about this but the first thing I would do is sort my website out.
Just had a look at yours and it's full of errors and really needs sorting. I could have just ignored your question and not posted this, but I am guessing you are serious about getting more business, so I hope you don't take offence at my mentioning it.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

HALTON

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 07:15:51 pm »
Just had a look at yours and it's full of errors and really needs sorting. I could have just ignored your question and not posted this, but I am guessing you are serious about getting more business, so I hope you don't take offence at my mentioning it.
no offence m8 what errors are you getting please advise
cheers

Cookie

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 07:18:59 pm »
It's easy to make these grammatical & spelling errors.  I made quite a few when I first created my website but I had some friends/relatives proof read it for me - some of the errors were blatantly obvious once they were pointed out.

Under Services > Traditional 'were' should be 'where' & also some punctuation is needed (hope you don't mind me saying).

Design, font etc is very good.  but you need to catch the potential readers attention. Ask a Question? Dirty windows? Need a window cleaner?

I also went with 'Need a Window Cleaner?' - I thought it was very much to the point & doesn't 'beat around the bush'.

I picked up some excellent magnetic signs for the two doors of my van - £38 from signs4vans.  I was very pleased with the quality & service they provided.

HALTON

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 07:29:33 pm »
Quote from: Cookie link=topic=

T6778.msg1712604#msg1712604 date=1435429139
[quote author=robbo333 link=topic=196778.msg1712598#msg1712598 date=1435427383
It's easy to make these grammatical & spelling errors.  I made quite a few when I first created my website but I had some friends/relatives proof read it for me - some of the errors were blatantly obvious once they were pointed out.

Under Services > Traditional 'were' should be 'where' & also some punctuation is needed (hope you don't mind me saying).

I also went with 'Need a Window Cleaner?' - I thought it was very much to the point & doesn't 'beat around the bush'.

I picked up some excellent magnetic signs for the two doors of my van - £38 from signs4vans.  I was very pleased with the quality & service they provided.
[/quote]

Thanks I will sort the were out any more would be appreciated.
Is there any spell / grammar checkers I can use to check this out
Thanks

robbo333

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:55 pm »
cheers
Mate there's loads. Too many for me to type on here.
If you fancy, give me a ring on 07850 262016. Get the site up in front of you and a pen and paper and I'll go through them with you. Missus is on holiday at the moment with her son in Turkey, so I've got some free time.
Used to do graphics and copywriting so hopefully I can help.
Cheers
Pete
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

HALTON

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 08:04:38 pm »
cheers
Mate there's loads. Too many for me to type on here.
If you fancy, give me a ring on 07850 262016. Get the site up in front of you and a pen and paper and I'll go through them with you. Missus is on holiday at the moment with her son in Turkey, so I've got some free time.
Used to do graphics and copywriting so hopefully I can help.
Cheers
Pete
Thanks for offer butvbit tied up at moment to sort out everything in one go.
But thanks for offer.
Just one question its not coding errors is it its just spelling and grammar you are talking about ?
Cheers

robbo333

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 08:38:48 pm »

I've just looked at these bits and marked the errors in red. Easier to go through them over the phone than type on here.
Give me a ring sometime or get someone to look at them.

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2015, 08:55:17 pm »
i think this is great!!  just what the forum should be used for! no p!ss taking, just good genuine friendly advice.  awesome :)

HALTON

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 09:21:32 pm »
Thanks robbo333 i have a look tomorrow if I have time.
Is free phone one word or need a capital on p
Not sure with give us a call
And management or simply in charge of daily.
Others I think I see what's wrong
And yes its nice for people to help each other and not take the pi## all the time on here.
Thanks

Walter Mitty

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2015, 05:59:31 pm »
Well done Robbo333.  I'm quite picky about spelling and grammar in advertising.  An advert that has been polished is far more valuable than one with glitches IMHO.
It's not just about spelling and grammar.  Even something such as word order or word choice can make subtle differences.  Letting the wording flow in a vaguely poetic fashion can simply make it easier to read.