Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rich Wilts

Re: My WFP technique. Video.
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 10:06:57 pm »
I thought you were sailing a little close to the wind with regards the vents. For a regular monthly clean taking any longer is entirely unnecessary.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 10:22:45 pm »
Good video btw,IMO to much rinsing I rinse on the glass with high flow. Not that you need to go any quicker but if they were out there I would have flown round that house,the first upstairs window you did was overkill only IMO

gary999

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 10:22:57 pm »
I would say that was an average speed for monthly...noticed bottom right window you cleaned
sill then rinsed glass afterwards..i personally think sills should always be cleaned last.

kempy

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 10:40:27 pm »
Think Id be 20% longer , I wash the windows more and rinse more .
But maybe I'm wasting water and time .
Watching this gives me a idea to speed up , or should I say don't wash as much .
The lad who helps me occasionally , is way over the top and is obsessed with detail . Which isn't a bad thing .

" A video of my helper - he would still be cleaning that conservatory now
Lol

KS Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »
I would say that was an average speed for monthly...noticed bottom right window you cleaned
sill then rinsed glass afterwards..i personally think sills should always be cleaned last.
If the bottom sills are especially dirty and some of mine can be, even on 4 weekly cleans, I sometimes give them a dry wipe with a cloth before I clean the window, then a quick flick with the brush after cleaning the window, stops all the crud and spider webs getting stuck in the brush.

Ste M

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2015, 11:02:33 pm »
Why not use a valve? What a waste of water and additive  :o

Valve is on the end of the yellow hose.

I'm still waiting on a water saving device that gets added to the bottom of the pole. I don't like extra weight at the top of the pole.

i use triggers on all my poles, i get them from cleaning spot, saves so much water its unbelievable. other than that apart from doing it in a slightly different order all is good, speed wise don't see an issue.

Plankton

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 11:31:52 pm »
Houses are the same in a street I do, although the top ledges hold a lot of water and drip for ages if you don't scoop it off, bottom ledges are covered in black dust and the vents are worth staying away from. Picked up a new one that was paying £4.50 without the cony. Tradder left the windows in a right mess. I reckon I could take all his work at £3.50!
Skipped some of the video as you were taking too long :)

gary999

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 11:56:50 pm »
If the bottom sills are especially dirty and some of mine can be, even on 4 weekly cleans, I sometimes give them a dry wipe with a cloth before I clean the window, then a quick flick with the brush after cleaning the window, stops all the crud and spider webs getting stuck in the brush.
I was talking about when using pole :)...do the same sometimes with cloth before poling

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 06:54:00 am »
Would love to see a video of gary999 doing his method.

May have to inform youtube first though due to the length of the video  ;D ;) :P

I have found the perfect house todo my video for you J. Just need the time to do it :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 06:59:40 am »

May have to inform youtube first though due to the length of the video  ;D ;) :P

I have found the perfect house todo my video for you J. Just need the time to do it :)

Cool. I look forward to it.

I wish others would do the same and post it here. Seeing how other people work really interests me.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

lal

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 07:08:29 am »

Good Tip, i do the same, just saves less crap going on the brush.
Lal

kempy

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 07:32:25 am »
You save time and water giving the bottom cill a cloth wipe .
Saves crap on the brush

+1

gary999

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 07:49:32 am »

Im  lightening quick...remember I only have to blade around 25% of glass...warmer weather
makes it easier and on houses with hydrophobic glass where I blade I don't rinse ,with the added blading
on average it takes me around the same time as the above video.....idont amble round likeJohny
very irritating  ;D

Positivity

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 08:07:37 am »
I think cleaning the sill then rinsing brings a risk of dirt off the brush being carried onto the glass. I rinse then clean sill last.

chris turner

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 08:15:18 am »
There's so many factors that determine speed of cleaning but I think the most important one is the area worked in.

If you live in an area where you can only charge £8-£10 for a 4 bed with conservatory then you need to be speedy gonzalaz to earn good money.

If your in an area, which luckily I am, where the minimum price for a 4 bed with con is £15 then you can do alot less in a day for a good wage.

Il be honest, I'm not rich, I don't have a huge business with loads of employees, I'm a sole trader with target earnings of around £180 a day.
To achieve that I only need to do around 10-12 houses a day.
Am I guilty of over cleaning, probably yes but because I can.
I'm happy with what I earn and know what I earn is easily achievable whilst doing a deep clean at every visit.

Of course my entire round isn't built like this, or my life would be easy.
I have days made up of smaller houses where I need to do more to make my buck or other days that involve travelling further so less time per house.
I adjust my speed accordingly for these days.
I can go quick if I want to, like anyone can, but I much prefer those days where I have less to do but still earn the same, and can relax and get on with my job.

Today I have 9 houses to do, all on the same estate, should hit my target earnings by about 2pm. Then to finish off have a con roof as a nice little extra on top.
Happy days!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 08:19:02 am »
Christ an honest reply  :o :o :o :o :o ;D

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 08:24:05 am »
Loanfoot garden's Johnny?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 08:26:35 am »
Today I have 9 houses to do, all on the same estate, should hit my target earnings by about 2pm. Then to finish off have a con roof as a nice little extra on top.
Happy days!

Thats what I've got to do today. Well, 8 houses and a small connie roof. I might take some pics and post them later, I used to like it when guys did that.

chris turner

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 08:32:24 am »
Christ an honest reply  :o :o :o :o :o ;D

;D
I declare everything so don't mind sharing.

The moral of the story though is that target earnings are far more important then speed.
There is no right or wrong speed, as long you earn what your happy earning then you know how quick you need to work based on area, tools used, travel time etc.

chris turner

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 08:34:19 am »
Happy days!

Thats what I've got to do today. Well, 8 houses and a small connie roof. I might take some pics and post them later, I used to like it when guys did that.

We have an easy life quarter light :D
Your somewhere near Basingstoke if I remember?
I'm in aldershot, not far from you..