This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Jones

Re: Gutter vac
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 12:32:33 am »
I hate gutter cleaning, bad neck, faffing with the hose and vacuum all the time. I got a semi decent set up, 3000w and carbon fibre poles. What I find is if it's been raining and it's all wet the hoses clogg easy and need washing through.

I also think setting up the cam to view it is a pain and on pretty much all cleans you'll have to be up a ladder at some point.

Also the local window cleaners round here say 'I'll do it for £10' which makes your £60 look like a rip off.

I found commercial is the way forward or building that are just out of reach or too dangerous for a ladder, they also tend to pay a decent amount as they know the only other step is access hire.

Neil Jones

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 12:34:15 am »
The grippa tank and omnivac are the best out there I think. Get a go pro not their camera as its a similar price and you can use the go pro for other work and personal life.

Neil Jones

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 12:41:43 am »
Mike if you want to match your hourly rate of £70 you need commercial, you won't get it on domestic, or at least I dont. Does your son not work for you now?

Any domestic I get I tag on to the end of a day for a lad and its a bonus, but I certainly wouldn't be doing it. Got one on Tuesday, front of terrace (not quoted yet), window cleaner would do it for £10 probably so what do you charge? Like you said to have a guy go, set up, use genny and wages I just know I'll be too expensive.

Commercial on the other hand, regular contracts and better money, last three commercial have averaged £1250 although it involved access hire. We have a few apartment blocks on regular contracts where one man can do it in 3/4 day for £220-£300.

Neil Jones

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 12:42:12 am »
Btw Kevs vacs are suppose to be very good by all accounts.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 09:09:14 am »
I have one of Kevs vacs. Only used it for a few gutter cleans (small ones and not too bad) and my own gutters, but i have also used it while renovating my new house, for slurry, dust and extraction purposes and it hasnt missed a beat.