This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott james

Re: How much for bungalows, trad?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 12:30:49 am »
I wouldn't be getting them at £20.

That's a 6/7 minute job at most (glass time) if a load together, £10 seems fair.

Wow! that some fast work, I keep reading on here people doing 3 bed houses and like this in picture in 10 mins, I just can not do it that quick, you guys must earn a fourtune, I only get about 130-150 a day, I do about 10-12 house a day and work doing that 9-4pm average.  Maybe I am fussy lol - I would charge looking at it and what it might be out back 10-12 pounds and £16 with conny windows if average size.   Be interesting to see if any posts on here in relation to amount of houses completed each day.  I use WFP and I am not slow but I do make sure the job is done proper and faultless, I just can not work out how to get 5 houses done in an hour and be to a high standard, quality work if you can and fair play :)

I would not assume though old people dont have money as someone mentioned here.  I find the best payers are those in rented or council houses and dont want the change, the ones in bigger houses want all the change, so go with what you feel is fair and what you need from the job to meet your daily wage expectations. :)

rosskesava

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 01:03:52 am »
3 bed house in 10 mins. Yeah, sure and pigs fly as well.

Here we go again.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

SeanK

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 08:35:57 am »
It all depends on how close the properties are, if you get five semi's together and you only need to unpack
pack once then you could manage them in an hour.
If your unpacking, packing and moving the van between every clean then it would be very hard indeed.
Also depends on how problematic the windows are, if you get wfp friendly frames then this speeds up your clean times
as well.

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 10:43:58 pm »
im going to have to have a serious practice on my own house to get faster, i average 20-30 mins for a 3 bed semi.

SeanK

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 07:53:31 am »
im going to have to have a serious practice on my own house to get faster, i average 20-30 mins for a 3 bed semi.

Its not really about practice Adam its about having confidence in the method, most guys who are slower tend to over scrub
and rinse.
Xtreme brushes are another example of this, because they are so light and aren't stuffed with bristles some guys think
there's no way these brushes could be getting the dirt of the glass.
Again its nothing more than a lack of confidence in the brush as there are guys who use nothing else with great success.
Don't get me started on additives that's a lack of confidence that borders on the delusional.
But at the end of the day some will say its better to be safe than sorry and so what if it takes you a bit longer, as long as your
happy with your earnings then that's all that counts.
There are slow cleaners out there making more than the speedsters.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 09:14:55 am »
Also the original poster said cleaning trad..

So 6/7 minutes imo would be a very poor job.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 05:01:11 pm »
£10 without conservatory

£12 with conservatory

WFP though not trad.all frames,glass,sills and doors cleaned every time.4 weekly.

connys dont take much longer as normally i find i cant clean down one side due to fence and the actual conny is built around a door and window i would normally clean if the conny wasnt there so i only add a couple of quid unless its a large one.

i have a fair few compact ones in groups of 4 or 5.£40+ an hour.im very happy with that.
price higher/work harder!