This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Re: doing it yourself ?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 05:14:59 pm »
I was at grippatank a few days ago and when one of the chaps opened my rear doors he said WOW ! LOL and he works for Grippa and its a grippa system.

Says it all really ;)

CleanClear

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »
I have seen plenty of vans  that have been protektacoted and after a couple of months use it  is scuffed and looking tatty not doing the job it is ment for(sealing a van floor)

Thats exactly what i find. Waste of time it is.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 05:51:05 pm »
I was at grippatank a few days ago and when one of the chaps opened my rear doors he said WOW ! LOL and he works for Grippa and its a grippa system.

Says it all really ;)

What was it, a Wydale in there ?  ;D ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »

Thanks for the mentioning our name.

Just to clarify (apologises if this sounds arguementive, its not meant to!),  we would always recommend a crash tested system over a non crash tested system for a couple of reasons:

1/.  A system that has been through the testing process is surely better than a system that has had no tests at all

2/.  A professional system should not JUST be sold on the merits and importance of a crash testing. Purchasing a professional system gives you peace of mind for safety, support, and design reasons. I.e Its been tested / Its been designed specifically for vehicles / Its been designed with features that make window cleaners working lives easier and simpler / You have support and customer care plan with each system to keep you working while we do the dirty work servicing or repairing should something be faulty.

Hopefully that adds another perspective to the discussion  :)
Thats no problem !!!  ;D Can you clarify is it your tank itself  that retains its integrity or the fitting of the  system that makes it retain its integrity ?

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:36 pm »
Agree with above about protectakote.
I've just repainted my floor with a liter of it as it was scratched and peeling, have had the van nearly 8 years though !
Tbh though if you pick warmer weather you don't need to add a hardener, did mine the easter bank holiday weekend and was ready to go after the bank holiday monday. I've put a perforated thick rubber mat down now over it so I don't scratch and chip it so easily this time.
I wouldn't use it again though.
When / if I need a new van, provided the floor is in good nick I'd leave be and concentrate on making the system leak free.
after all its only exposed metal that if constantly exposed to water that will rust.
If ply lined floor and panels and I really wanted to  waterproof and look pro, I'd seal it with a fiberglass roof kit - 5m squared kit with everything you need will do a mid sized van , readily available all over the net and fleabay for approx £70 ( comparable in price to protectakote but way more hard wearing and better looking finish )
 ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 10:24:48 pm »
Tank pump reel pole battery,I would buy a tank and a pump box they do with everything in. You just need an auto electrician once the tanks in and you have all the bits including a split charger,it will take him a couple of hours to do it neatly.

Just to add, (not argue) in not an auto electrician by any stretch but I fitted my pure freedom autocharger/flow controller in about half an hour.
Very simple.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:36 pm »
Oh and the protecktacote debate:
For me, it has to be fibreglass.
12 years and 4 vans WFPing it's the only thing that's lasted properly.

Fibreglassed my current van myself. Less than £200 and half a days work.
Pukka.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 05:55:36 am »

Thanks for the mentioning our name.

Just to clarify (apologises if this sounds arguementive, its not meant to!),  we would always recommend a crash tested system over a non crash tested system for a couple of reasons:

1/.  A system that has been through the testing process is surely better than a system that has had no tests at all

2/.  A professional system should not JUST be sold on the merits and importance of a crash testing. Purchasing a professional system gives you peace of mind for safety, support, and design reasons. I.e Its been tested / Its been designed specifically for vehicles / Its been designed with features that make window cleaners working lives easier and simpler / You have support and customer care plan with each system to keep you working while we do the dirty work servicing or repairing should something be faulty.

Hopefully that adds another perspective to the discussion  :)
Thats no problem !!!  ;D Can you clarify is it your tank itself  that retains its integrity or the fitting of the  system that makes it retain its integrity ?

Good Morning,

Thanks for the question.

The tank itself will retain integrity due to its construction - these tanks are not like the flimsy innards of an IBC tank - these are designed to withstand the force that water will exert in a crash.

When combined with the Crash-Tested Restraint System (T-Loks and Floor Bars) it means that the whole unit will retain integrity and will not move towards the cab of the vehicle, thus protecting the persons space within the vehicle.

As a supplier, we have a moral obligation to make sure the product supplied is safe - especially with the weights involved.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

wpclean

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 07:03:16 am »
Maybe a stupid question, but with the black tank how can you tell how low the water level is ?

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 07:12:52 am »
Maybe a stupid question, but with the black tank how can you tell how low the water level is ?

A perfectly valid question! Each system has a solid sight indicator so you can easily see from a glance what the tank level is.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 08:49:30 am »
I fitted  a 650ltr tank,  pump,  reel,  battery,  DI Etc in 3 hours,  six months ago.
Works perfectly well and I know every inch of the system when anything goes wrong ( broken connection etc)
Price of parts and my time,  that's all
I'm no diyer BTW

Matt.

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:21 am »
Agree with above, a few hours to set up - half a day.
Start with the size of tank that you want and work around it. Get it in position and have it bolted down.
You will always add to it as you go, as I do, to save floor space I have hose reel on inside of roof.
Cost wise it's a no brainer to do a DIY
Tank in frame £150 eBay
Ro is prob best bought new
Di bottles about £25 eBay
Pump and controller £120 new
Battery new or used
Hose and reel £50 -£120 new or used
Hose and fitting an a bit if wire  £50
Poles ??  Up to you how much you want to spend
U pretty much there now just put it how you want it set up, get some pics of how others have done it and copy.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2015, 04:42:47 pm »
Yes it is simple to install but I use an auto electrician for any wiring as I like it all near and tidy

smearo

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2015, 09:41:13 pm »
Give reach to clean a ring they r based nr gatwick and have just
Fitted my system and they labour charge and professionalism
Was excellent ... They are now currently fitting out my mates van to....

Shane O Neill

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 10:56:51 pm »
Give reach to clean a ring they r based nr gatwick and have just
Fitted my system and they labour charge and professionalism
Was excellent ... They are now currently fitting out my mates van to....

Do you have a link smearo ? (Just seem to get Wakefield & Surrey from Google  ??? )