This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: Windy tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 06:15:44 pm »
Seank......

Did you clean any windows yesterday? Or even Friday of last week?

If so then your in the same boat as me and the others who work On regardless of weather (within reason)

Windows get dirty, we clean them. They get dirty again.

Sometimes windows stay clean for weeks on end, sometimes they get dirty within a few hours. We are all running businesses and shouldn't try to second guess the weather or our customers. Just do the best we can in the given circumstances.

Then to throw a spanner in the works sometimes if we get persistent rain for a day or two, the windows can look pretty good after it as it rinses a lot of the dust and storm mess off the glass.

There is no right or wrong. If you don't want to work in the bad weather then that's fine, but it's also fine for myself and the guys that do work through the weather. Today I picked up a new customer, got lots of cups of tea offers and a had a good chinwag with customers, none of whom were unhappy I was there today.

A few years ago I'd have stayed in and then been fed up that I was behind with work for the rest of the month. Not anymore. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Rich Wilts

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 06:36:24 pm »
Half a day for me, came home and cleaned my own windows went out with the family for lunch - they are shocking! :o
The windows I mean.

When did you last express a positive outcome on here?

deeege

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 06:39:33 pm »
Full day done here, 7am-4:30pm.

Between the 2 of us we done build cleans on 7x 2 bed apartments, 1x 4 bed house, 2x 3 bed house and a first clean in/out on a good sized office which is now a regular.

Was windy as hell but no complaints and a very good days earnings.

Did you enjoy your day off Sean?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

8weekly

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 06:45:06 pm »
Just got in from doing a bungalow inside and out. It was blowing a gale with showers.

The customer was delighted with the clean, although after cleaning the insides I found the need to clean a couple of the outsides again which were dirty again.

Back home now for the day. Maybe I am a fool in the eyes of some (as if I care) for either trying or admitting defeat, but I am happy to have given it a go, and at least my money was earned honestly.

John
So you have told your customers that you only guarantee your work until you finish the job,
Wow Sean, you run your business on 50p a year, go 3,000,000 miles between car services and now you can GUARANTEE the weather. I can't decide whether you are God or delusional.

SeanK

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 07:02:09 pm »
Just got in from doing a bungalow inside and out. It was blowing a gale with showers.

The customer was delighted with the clean, although after cleaning the insides I found the need to clean a couple of the outsides again which were dirty again.

Back home now for the day. Maybe I am a fool in the eyes of some (as if I care) for either trying or admitting defeat, but I am happy to have given it a go, and at least my money was earned honestly.

John
So you have told your customers that you only guarantee your work until you finish the job,
Wow Sean, you run your business on 50p a year, go 3,000,000 miles between car services and now you can GUARANTEE the weather. I can't decide whether you are God or delusional.

I actually did think I might be god until I found out that you could clean 25 £20 properties per day five days a week for 50 weeks
in the year every year.
Even with my great powers I couldn't compete with that one.

SeanK

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »
Full day done here, 7am-4:30pm.

Between the 2 of us we done build cleans on 7x 2 bed apartments, 1x 4 bed house, 2x 3 bed house and a first clean in/out on a good sized office which is now a regular.

Was windy as hell but no complaints and a very good days earnings.

Did you enjoy your day off Sean?

Not really deeege totally bored, spent a bit of time annoying the guys on here who where supposed to be working and then
after all the talk of Noah on the mad section I decided to watch the movie, big mistake even though I learnt that the
transformers helped Noah build the ark.

Dave Willis

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:21 pm »
Half a day for me, came home and cleaned my own windows went out with the family for lunch - they are shocking! :o
The windows I mean.

When did you last express a positive outcome on here?

Just stating a fact - come round and look for yourself if you like. Washed the wifes car and polished it - same. The winds are driving dirt everywhere today.

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:49 pm »
Lovely and sunny here last day of month too so need to finish off monthly's then if I've got time start the four weekly's!
why the differance,4weekly is monthly

Frankybadboy

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 09:57:49 pm »
yep got a full day in as well

as long as customers pay who give a flying pig if they get dirty again  ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 08:04:50 am »
windy again today but not half as bad as yesterday!got van back after MOT and repairs. 5 large domestic jobs booked in.crack on lads! ;)
price higher/work harder!

Bay View WCS

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 09:31:25 am »
Wind has calmed right down today so up and at 'em!

SeanK

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 10:03:00 am »
Very calm here today put pouring down at the moment will give it an hour a head out for a bit, not worried as
well ahead at the moment which makes a change for me.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 06:27:54 pm »
Very calm here today put pouring down at the moment will give it an hour a head out for a bit, not worried as
well ahead at the moment which makes a change for me.
But it is forecast rain later in the day where you are, you would be as well just putting a windows cleaned today slip through the letterbox, they won't know the difference :P ;D