This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: WFP/wind...3 complaints in a week!
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:43 pm »
How long has cleaning been an industry ???

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2015, 07:06:48 pm »
sean how do you think i can afford luxury holidays every year in 5 star hotels?

own 2 vehicles, a van for work and a car for leisure?

can afford extreme poles?

can buy what i want when out shopping(within reason!)and afford to eat out in nice restaurants a few times a week?

.....its not by having a day off when the weathers bad thats for sure! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2015, 07:09:30 pm »
Erm, might be cos you have no family and live on your own ??? Thus all the money you make is yours to spend on luxuries like an old sports car.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2015, 07:09:47 pm »

can buy what i want when out shopping(within reason!)and afford to eat out in nice restaurants a few times a week?

Bloody show off  ;D ;D ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2015, 07:16:32 pm »

You use Vision  :D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:01 pm »
That's what started all this trouble  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2015, 07:22:39 pm »
Erm, might be cos you have no family and live on your own ??? Thus all the money you make is yours to spend on luxuries like an old sports car.

i have got a family though dave.my girlfriend has a 15 yr old daughter and 22 yr old son.im taking them both on holiday later on this year.ive just stumped up nearly £1400 for a week in portugal in may for me and the missus as well!

i always pay when we go out anywhere and bought her daughter a £400 phone for her birthday!(her dads a waster).

but this is only possible cos i work in most bad weather and keep up to date with my schedule most of the year round.

i also play drums in a band which is an expensive hobby.(£2,500 on drums and cymbals alone!) ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2015, 07:26:51 pm »

SeanK

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2015, 07:28:38 pm »
I cant believe that seasoned shiners on here are only finding out now that stormy weather dirties windows
very quickly.
I also cant believe that they would think customers wouldn't care if you clean them in these sort of conditions or
not, put it this way Dazmond three have complained but how many are unhappy with your service but are saying
nothing, that would be my main concern.
When I sack the day off I always clean my downstairs front windows just to see if Iv over reacted, put it this way
if I had paid for my windows to be cleaned yesterday then I would be sacking my window cleaner today.
You can hardly see through them.
Ask yourselves this, would you feel happy calling at a property where no ones at home and just putting the cleaned
slip through the door without cleaning the windows, because that what your doing when cleaning in these conditions.
How can you mantain a regular and reliable service if you don't clean in the wind and rain?

Most of my custys understand I need to make a living so have to work in the rain and wind...I also offer a 24 hr callback service in which I've only ever been called back twice in 5 years!!

I don't work in heavy winds and rain and don't need to, I work about 120 to 130 hours a month and have never missed this
target yet because of weather.
To be honest even if I had to work 160 hours a month then I could still do it without working in all weathers.
But I do understand if you can only work certain hours because of commitments then it could be harder to achieve.

Dave Willis

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »
Daz, I don't work in the rain, I don't need to  ;)
I don't need to brag either.  :)

dazmond

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »

it worked out at £3 a day on gas mate.more than £50 a month!much happier with cold now!standard microbore and less faffing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »
I cant believe that seasoned shiners on here are only finding out now that stormy weather dirties windows
very quickly.
I also cant believe that they would think customers wouldn't care if you clean them in these sort of conditions or
not, put it this way Dazmond three have complained but how many are unhappy with your service but are saying
When I sack the day off I always clean my downstairs front windows just to see if Iv over reacted, put it this way
if I had paid for my windows to be cleaned yesterday then I would be sacking my window cleaner today.
Ask yourselves this, would you feel happy calling at a property where no ones at home and just putting the cleaned
slip through the door without cleaning the windows, because that what your doing when cleaning in these conditions.

Not true. If you're cleaning. You're cleaning.
 If the finish is unacceptable then that's down to the shiner and the customer.
If you've cleaned, you've cleaned.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2015, 07:35:28 pm »

it worked out at £3 a day on gas mate.more than £50 a month!much happier with cold now!standard microbore and less faffing! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Couldn't be bothered to redo it. Too busy counting all my money from working in wind and rain  :D ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2015, 07:43:33 pm »
very quickly.
How can you mantain a regular and reliable service if you don't clean in the wind and rain?

Most of my custys understand I need to make a living so have to work in the rain and wind...I also offer a 24 hr callback service in which I've only ever been called back twice in 5 years!!

I don't work in heavy winds and rain and don't need to, I work about 120 to 130 hours a month and have never missed this
target yet because of weather.
To be honest even if I had to work 160 hours a month then I could still do it without working in all weathers.
But I do understand if you can only work certain hours because of commitments then it could be harder to achieve.

my commitments are trying to get a full week off every month when all work up to date(not this month though!)

trying to avoid working any weekends(havent needed to work one sat yet this year!)

the above are not always possible but i do try! ;)

gary999

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2015, 09:05:39 pm »

i have got a family though dave.my girlfriend has a 15 yr old daughter and 22 yr old son.im taking them both on holiday later on this year.ive just stumped up nearly £1400 for a week in portugal in may for me and the missus as well!

i always pay when we go out anywhere and bought her daughter a £400 phone for her birthday!(her dads a waster).

but this is only possible cos i work in most bad weather and keep up to date with my schedule most of the year round.

i also play drums in a band which is an expensive hobby.(£2,500 on drums and cymbals alone!) ;D

You haven't got the day to day costs of a family have you ;D
and you do take time off work when work is complete...I take my time off when
the weathers really bad...which isn't that often here in brum.

and  i can afford to take January off every year ;)

Johnny B

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2015, 09:21:00 pm »
Yup, I take time off when the weather is bad, so get plenty of days off!

I make up for it by working Saturdays if necessary, or with the daylight hours getting longer, I just carry on as late as I can.

Contrary to some, I would rather keep my customers happy than to lose them because they are paying me good money for a service that they get no benefit from.

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2015, 09:34:29 pm »

[/quote]
Here's a scenario for the fair weather cleaners only.........what do you do if Monday is forecast beautifull blue sky, sun splitting, and calm, but TUESDAY is high winds and wet? If you work on the Monday, then you may aswell be cleaning in poor weather, as by Tuesday the windows will be dirty again. There is no difference. Do you wait for a full week of good weather before you work?
[/quote]
So know your round, refrain from cleaning exposed properties that you know damn well will look like crap after a day and do the ones that are more sheltered.

G Griffin

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2015, 09:35:41 pm »

A tip for you, Daz- don't remind them that you pay for everything  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2015, 09:42:16 pm »

Here's a scenario for the fair weather cleaners only.........what do you do if Monday is forecast beautifull blue sky, sun splitting, and calm, but TUESDAY is high winds and wet? If you work on the Monday, then you may aswell be cleaning in poor weather, as by Tuesday the windows will be dirty again. There is no difference. Do you wait for a full week of good weather before you work?
[/quote]
So know your round, refrain from cleaning exposed properties that you know damn well will look like crap after a day and do the ones that are more sheltered.
[/quote]Exactly....

Some people on here bewilder me ;D

gary999

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2015, 10:11:20 pm »
I personally think that most customers accept that their windows wont
look 100% for long after cleaning...but I can understand them taking umbridge
if you clean when everything is getting blown sideways its lashing down..the
kids trampoline has disappeared down the road with the garden fence and
you are stood there dressed like a north sea trawler man with a dumb smile
on your face whilst clinging onto you pole. :)

Rarely happens round here...so not a problem to take the odd day here
and there ;)