This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jakey boy

Re: Advice needed for pressure washing setup...
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 09:37:20 pm »
If I felt it was good enough I would have said so ;)

Rob ;D

So why isn't it good enough? Will it not do the job? We use crappy electric ones and they do the job (yes they take ages), so surely a 3000psi petrol jet washer will be 100 times better?

I can get a 300psi 12lpm for £440

Cheapest 4000 psi with 15lpm is 800, so is it really worth it for the extra 3 lpm? 3000psi is surly powerful enough?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 09:41:39 pm »
You've got it all sorted there.

I'm looking for an antique coffee machine so I will have to let someone else carry this on.

Rob ;D

FRESHER

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 08:56:35 pm »
I can't really comment on what to go for, however M-Clean is clearly a professional and would probably use professional equipment at the better/top end of the market for quality and performance. 

Switch roles and and if M-clean was asking you for WFP advice and he says I have found a pole and brush for £30 will it do?

My advice would don't just buy cheap, Spend a bit more and buy a quality workhorse.  It will hold its value better than something noone has heard of, especially if hardly used and good condition, so if it doesn't take off you can easily sell it.  If it does take off and you get more work you won't be looking to upgrade as quickly.  ultimately buy the best you can afford.
I did not become someone different
I did not want to be

But Im new here
Will you show me around?

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 08:16:00 am »

Rob ;D

So why isn't it good enough? Will it not do the job? We use crappy electric ones and they do the job (yes they take ages), so surely a 3000psi petrol jet washer will be 100 times better?

Cheapest 4000 psi with 15lpm is 800, so is it really worth it for the extra 3 lpm? 3000psi is surly powerful enough?

As soon as you mention 'add-on' the eyes start to roll.

Not because you are a windy looking to branch out , fair play . Simply as 9/10 times  the new service you are offering is regarded by the owner as an 'add on'.

In my mind it has to be treated in the same respect as your core business , ie Do your research, buy industrial grade kit capable of tackling the job at hand (15lpm would be regarded as min), market yourself as a pro providing this service which is what custys would expect, wouldn't you ?

Turing up with the cheapest kit from Netto or poundland, hardly conveys this image  ;)

Jakey boy

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 09:44:23 am »

Rob ;D

Not because you are a windy looking to branch out , fair play . Simply as 9/10 times  the new service you are offering is regarded by the owner as an 'add on'.

In my mind it has to be treated in the same respect as your core business , ie Do your research, buy industrial grade kit capable of tackling the job at hand (15lpm would be regarded as min), market yourself as a pro providing this service which is what custys would expect, wouldn't you ?

Turing up with the cheapest kit from Netto or poundland, hardly conveys this image  ;)

Here's the thing, the pressure washer isn't a crappy one it's still a very good machine, it's from jetmac, has all the professional gubbins etc, brass pump, stainless steel couplings, Loncin engine 2 year guarantee etc,

It's not a cheap bit of kit, but I'm not looking to spend 1000's on something that may not get used much!

If someone was adding on window cleaning, then I would never tell them to buy the best gear, as they'd not reap the benefits, it makes more financial sense to purchase a solid peive of equipment that won't break the bank. I've not got 1000's to spend, I simply can't afford it,

I rung terry at jetmac and he said the 3000psi 12lpm would be ample to do the job, he said the o my major difference would be the 4000psi 15lpm would be faster and would run a whirlaway better.

So surely the point is that the 3000psi 12lpm will do the job very well, just maybe not as fast as a larger machine?

As I said this is for the odd job, customers choose us bevause we are cheaper than 'professional pressure washer company's' and just because we're there doing there windows once a month anyway, plus they know us well, trust is etc etc

I will perhaps try out the two and see what makes more sense. But I don't see why buying a ferrari when I'm only going to the shops once a month is necessary...

I just wanted to know if the 12lpm would do the job, if it does, then I'm sure that will be more than sufficient for us.

We've been using crap electric ones, and they do the job, so I can't believe a 3000psi 12lpm won't be 100 times better?

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 02:13:11 pm »

Rob ;D

customers choose us bevause we are cheaper than 'professional pressure washer company's' and just because we're there doing there windows once a month anyway, plus they know us well, trust is etc etc

If that's your attitude I suggest you go back to the windy washers side  ::)roll and stick with your electric washers  ;D

Jakey boy

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 06:42:09 pm »
Jealous ay'

Upset cos we get pressure washing work? Can't help that, if a customer asks, we do our best. Never have we had a un-satisfied customer from pressure washing, we would be fools to turn down the work and tell the customer to get a 'professional pressure washer company' in who would charge more etc.

Plus what 'attitude' are you referring too? Because it's certainly not a negative one?!

many window cleaners do pressure washing as well, just like we do gutters etc, it's normal! All I'm doing is looking Into upgrading our equipment.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 09:03:38 pm »
Can't work out why a lot of people are getting ped off on this forum????  This post is a classic p all the big boys off post. There's going to become a time when this forum is gonna be boycotted by people who actually offer sound advise because of bolshy cock sure people like yourself. I recommend you get the Jetmac system or a kiam to which you will be perfectly matched in performance and quality.

Jakey boy

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 09:26:23 pm »
Can't work out why a lot of people are getting ped off on this forum????  This post is a classic p all the big boys off post. There's going to become a time when this forum is gonna be boycotted by people who actually offer sound advise because of bolshy cock sure people like yourself. I recommend you get the Jetmac system or a kiam to which you will be perfectly matched in performance and quality.

Ay?

I'll just buy one and work it out Myself, as far as I'm concerned I just wanted to knkw if 12lpm at 3000psi is adequate for the job, and I got a load of rubbish answers half the time!

There's a thread in this section 'it's a bit boring on here' - the bloke is spot on, it's a rubbish section of clean it up. We're not like this on the window cleaning section, we have banter, but we ways help out people who ask legitamte questions.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »
So if I went on the window cleaning side of this forum asking for advise on offering window cleaning as a bolt on to my pressure washing business do you think anybody would actually help???? I Think not!!! Iv tried this in the past and you lot only look after your own interests. You have been offered sound advise or as you call it rubbish but all you done was through it back in the face of an extremely knowledgeble person in this sector.  I suggest you just work it out for yourself then. Iv herd argos got a good sale on!

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 10:51:49 pm »
Jealous ay'

Upset cos we get pressure washing work? Can't help that, if a customer asks, we do our best. Never have we had a un-satisfied customer from pressure washing, we would be fools to turn down the work and tell the customer to get a 'professional pressure washer company' in who would charge more etc.

Plus what 'attitude' are you referring too? Because it's certainly not a negative one?!

many window cleaners do pressure washing as well, just like we do gutters etc, it's normal! All I'm doing is looking Into upgrading our equipment.
yep I am upset  ;D

The attitude I referred to was in reference to YOUR statement 'customers choose us as we are cheaper than Professional pressure washing companies ', yet your on here after advice from professional pressure washing companies ... HELLO  ::)roll

Then with the advice you will potentially undercut other pressure washing companies !

Now if you didn't say that and actually said you was looking to provide a quality service to compete with other professionals you may of got some respect and far more help  ;)

Jakey boy

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 02:43:20 pm »
Jealous ay'

yep I am upset  ;D

The attitude I referred to was in reference to YOUR statement 'customers choose us as we are cheaper than Professional pressure washing companies ', yet your on here after advice from professional pressure washing companies ... HELLO  ::)roll

Then with the advice you will potentially undercut other pressure washing companies !

Now if you didn't say that and actually said you was looking to provide a quality service to compete with other professionals you may of got some respect and far more help  ;)

No because the fact is window cleaners will always always be asked first to do jobs like pressure washing and gutter cleaning. It's just how it is. We would be absoltuly stupid to say no. The fact that we're cheaper is just a consequence to is doing it as an add on. Go ahead and do winow cleaning as an add on, won't bother us,it's part of life.

You do not need a £2000 machine to clean a patio. Is this not just a fact?

All I got from you lot was you need at least 15-21lpm - but clearly you don't. I will get the 7hp 12lpm and then report back how well it works in the summer. If it doesn't work then my mistake. But I know for sure it will as we already get good results with a 2000 psi electric model.

If any of you pressure washers wanted window cleaning advice id happily and gladly help.

Remember we can't help it customers would prefer to use there trusted window cleaner over a pressure washing company can we? It's always been that way.

If we were no good we'd never get the jobs. But we do.

We do not undercut, we simply get asked to do the job So provide a quote!!

As I said it is an add on, we don't  go round leafleting it as a sole service.

Ben wood

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 03:58:04 pm »
Jakey stop acting the big I am. Look I have the same jet
Mac machine and yes it does clean but believe me I wish I had bought a more
Powerful one as on some jobs it ain't great and it won't run a fsc. Stop thinking you no it all as you bloody don't. You do the same on window cleaning site. You realy don't have a clue mate. I have been in the cleaning industry since 14 years old and still get advice from here, and I garentee I would run rings round you cleaning wise. Get a grip and listen for once.

Jakey boy

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:12 pm »
Jakey stop acting the big I am. Look I have the same jet
Mac machine and yes it does clean but believe me I wish I had bought a more
Powerful one as on some jobs it ain't great and it won't run a fsc. Stop thinking you no it all as you bloody don't. You do the same on window cleaning site. You realy don't have a clue mate. I have been in the cleaning industry since 14 years old and still get advice from here, and I garentee I would run rings round you cleaning wise. Get a grip and listen for once.

Ha ha shut your gob,

Every single person on this forum is highly opinionated, you included. The original post is not at all suggesting I know it all is it? Hence asking for advice? You plonker!

For you to guarantee that you'd 'run rings round me' and my work mates, would mean you would had to have seen our work or watched our work. You haven't, so shut up and keep out of it!

And learn how to spell. Div.

Ben wood

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 08:17:50 pm »
Lol you are a idiot arnt you an yeah I bet a whole months work I would run rings round you. And yes you did ask for advice but when people have you it you ignored them and got on you old horse.

FRESHER

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 09:53:20 am »
Did you ever try BE pressure? Not sure what they are like, however the 15%off code still works.
I did not become someone different
I did not want to be

But Im new here
Will you show me around?

Jakey boy

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »
Lol you are a idiot arnt you an yeah I bet a whole months work I would run rings round you. And yes you did ask for advice but when people have you it you ignored them and got on you old horse.

Whatever Mate, you sound so jealous, not once have been acting jealous or pathetic like you. Get on with your work and keep out of it.

Darren muir

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 11:21:24 pm »
This is ridiculous you obviously didn't want advice as when any body told you buy a 15 lpm. You just went on about the 12 lpm if you knew what you wanted why ask  ? ? You were never going to take advice unless it was yeah buy the 12lpm then you would have been happy . If you ask for advice take it or don't ask

CleanClear

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 11:55:43 pm »
12 LPM will be fine for small jobs. You aint gonna be cleaning supermarket car parks and shopping malls with it and it may not operate a whirlaway effectivley. But it will do small patio areas and drives fine. Just enough to secure you a different job to do other than the monotony of cleaning windows (or jet washing )all day.

I find Blastaways (Lee?) from Manchester has the best instructional videos and Chris Scott gives the best technical advice. Pay attention to their posts, amongst a few others !!!  ;D

Oh, and read the back posts in here  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Mr B

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2015, 05:34:24 pm »
Another clueless window cleaner asking if buying a cheap poop machine from jetmac is enough to call himself a pressure washing service. Doesn't even know what hypo is despite the 1000s of posts on the internet about it.

Tell you what mate, Ill buy a crappy rag and start cleaning windows really bad without any knowledge and I'll ask all the big window cleaning firms for loads of free advice but then get cocky when they reply.

This is what f***s me off about this group and other groups on facebook, and its the reason I dont come on here anymore. Window cleaners that dont know the difference between hypo and their elbow.

I certainly wont be helping out any of you thats for sure.