This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SeanK

Re: Trad vs WFP money back after outlay...
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2015, 10:07:40 am »
That level of expense isn't how it is for me is what I mean.

How long were you working solely trad Sean?

I never worked solely trad Matt, I started up as a WFP cleaner but would do about 5% of my work using traditional
methods only if its ground work and it doesn't take to the pole.

Window Lickers

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2015, 10:09:34 am »
That level of expense isn't how it is for me is what I mean.

How long were you working solely trad Sean?

I never worked solely trad Matt, I started up as a WFP cleaner but would do about 5% of my work using traditional
methods only if its ground work and it doesn't take to the pole.

Oh.  ::)roll
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

SeanK

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2015, 10:16:56 am »
Right, are you saying because I have never worked using traditional methods I cant work out what it would cost
me to clean without the added costs of WFP equipment ?
Will here's how it works, you have all the costs needed to clean using traditional methods then you add on the costs
needed to upgrade to WFP, its not rocket science.

Window Lickers

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2015, 10:18:34 am »
I wouldn't try to give an opinion on how much it costs to run a pressure washing business. That's all.

For starters I wouldn't know how much work could be done on a daily basis pressure washing. And I put it to you that you don't know how much traditional cleaning you could do daily if you've never done it. Which will directly reflect on your level of costs.

SeanK

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2015, 10:31:37 am »
I wouldn't try to give an opinion on how much it costs to run a pressure washing business. That's all.

For starters I wouldn't know how much work could be done on a daily basis pressure washing. And I put it to you that you don't know how much traditional cleaning you could do daily if you've never done it.

Mate that's nonsense and you know it, all the basic costs a traditional cleaner will have I will have as we are in the same business.
The difference in me and a traditional cleaner is that I don't use a ladder.
Again I have stated in my list what WFP costs me if you think its wrong then point it out, again I'm not talking about all the
expenses involved in cleaning windows just on upgrading to WFP.
I have never mentioned how much cleaning can be done in a day using traditional methods so I don't know why you are pulling
me on that one.

8weekly

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:09 pm »
Thing is Sean your list of expenses spread over a ten year time span is simply laughable, sorry. It's list alright but it's the bare minimum you might envisage what your costs might be. In reality they'll be drastically different to that. Equipment breaks down and needs replacing. Better equipment comes on the market and we upgrade. Your estimates for how long your equipment will last is generous to say the least.

If you took your figures to a bank, let's say you were looking for a business loan, they'd laugh you out of town with those projections.

I was thinking similar. Either that or I'm doing something drastically wrong.

I'd say I'm just an average sole trader window cleaner, and my costs every year are considerably higher than £2,500.

I'd be happy with double that figure to be honest.

No way could I run my business on £500 a year WFP expenses.
Got to watch out for the bull poop on here.  ;D

Congratulations on your anniversary btw. Top marks ;)
Cheers. No idea how it happened.

Window Lickers

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »
I bet ;)

8weekly

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2015, 04:32:31 pm »
Thing is Sean your list of expenses spread over a ten year time span is simply laughable, sorry. It's list alright but it's the bare minimum you might envisage what your costs might be. In reality they'll be drastically different to that. Equipment breaks down and needs replacing. Better equipment comes on the market and we upgrade. Your estimates for how long your equipment will last is generous to say the least.

If you took your figures to a bank, let's say you were looking for a business loan, they'd laugh you out of town with those projections.

I'm going about eight years and have not cut corners on any equipment that Iv bought and I can honestly say that WFP is costing
me less than £500 a year.

Then you need a new accountant.

Just on transport & equipment my costs year to date are around £7k.

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

That leaves out office overheads, mobile phone etc.

£500 a year.  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2015, 04:33:48 pm »
I should add that my van is paid for.

I reckon I could get by on £500 a year if I wasn't doing any work.

Window Lickers

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2015, 04:36:15 pm »
Im gonna buy a bamboo cane and start up in this business. I could get one of them brushes from Tescos that comes with a dustpan and brush and cable-tie it to the end of the cane.

Run a Hozelock hose from the custards outside tap. Hey Presto - Bobs your Uncle, Fannies your Aunt.

SeanK

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 06:19:20 pm »

I'm going about eight years and have not cut corners on any equipment that Iv bought and I can honestly say that WFP is costing

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

How many times does somebody have to say...£500 are my WFP costs not my full business costs. ::)roll

8weekly

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

How many times does somebody have to say...£500 are my WFP costs not my full business costs. ::)roll

How do you deliver your water and equipment to your customers?  ;D

Isn't your van a crucial part of your WFP system?  ::)roll

Are you relayed to RichyWilts?  ;D

Window Lickers

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 06:59:40 pm »

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

Yeah but!

£500 a year is only a tenner a week. You cant run a window cleaning business on that.

SeanK

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

How do you deliver your water and equipment to your customers?  ;D

Isn't your van a crucial part of your WFP system?  ::)roll

Are you relayed to RichyWilts?  ;D

The same way I would deliver my ladder to my customers if I was a traditional cleaner, and my van would be a crucial part
of my system even if I was a traditional cleaner as it is as cheap to run a van as a second car.

8weekly

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 07:08:45 pm »

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

The same way I would deliver my ladder to my customers if I was a traditional cleaner, and my van would be a crucial part
of my system even if I was a traditional cleaner as it is as cheap to run a van as a second car.

A second car costs money though doesn't it?  ::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

Its a post on the difference WFP will cost you compared to using traditional methods not a post on window cleaning expenses. ::)roll

8weekly

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »

Just this month:

Road tax £225
Fuel £96
MOT £68
Pole hose & brush £45
Carbon filter x 2 £40
O clips £4

£500 a year.  ;D

Its a post on the difference WFP will cost you compared to using traditional methods not a post on window cleaning expenses. ::)roll

Exactly! You don't need a van for trad. And you don't need a second car. Therefore WFP is not possible on £500 a year unless you have no customers.

SeanK

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »
Seriously mate you really are in a world of your own, you don't need a second car or a van to clean using WFP
either, did you ever hear of a trailer system.
So its more than possible to clean for £500 a year using WFP methods.

8weekly

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 08:15:53 pm »
Seriously mate you really are in a world of your own, you don't need a second car or a van to clean using WFP
'course it is.  ;) And a sole trader can't earn more than £100 a day either.  ;)

SeanK

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2015, 08:26:27 pm »
'course it is.  ;) And a sole trader can't earn more than £100 a day either.  ;)

What a sole trader can earn in a day has nothing to do with this topic, you need to stay focused mate.