This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david mark

Re: Will a system leak
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 10:24:21 pm »
Great business name

Richard ham

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 09:44:00 am »
If you are worried about water in your van get it covered in linex. I couldn't care if mine ever was to leak. I often hose the back of my van out to keep it nice and clean.

And Rich, whats all the black poop on the van? Is it real or photoshop?
Www.plymouth-window-cleaners.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 10:08:57 am »
What's that roller thing you've got there under the reel?

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 10:36:32 am »
If you are worried about water in your van get it covered in linex. I couldn't care if mine ever was to leak. I often hose the back of my van out to keep it nice and clean.

Its quick dry gloss paint , bloke next door did it cos Sarah parked in what he thought was his parking space for 2 mins  :o

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 10:40:30 am »
What's that roller thing you've got there under the reel?

A little nylon roller and D shackle from a ships chandlers , it lets me pull to any direction from the back as it swings 180*

Rich

jimmy boots

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:28 am »

Its quick dry gloss paint , bloke next door did it cos Sarah parked in what he thought was his parking space for 2 mins  :o

Rich

:o :o :o Did you get done for GBH, cuz if someone did that to my T4 I would go berserk.  >:(

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:14 am »
What van is it?

OK.

If you have car derived van (Ford Transit Connect, Berlingo etc), you will see that the cargo floor in higher than the footwells. Most vans still have the rear passenger footwell and a plate covers them to level off the cargo floor. Any water leak will get into your footwells and you will have a damp smell before long.

Recommend that you seal the floor, fibreglass followed by a top coat, and include a wall around the front and sides (where the rear doors would go) to ensure that any spilt water is contained and rather finds its way out the back doors.

If you have a slightly larger van, ie., the old Citeron Distch, Citroen Relay etc., then they generally have a cargo floor that is lower than the floor in the driver's cabin and you won't have the same issue.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2015, 11:16:45 am »
Did someone paint all over your van? (the black stuff)

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 11:23:55 am »
Spruce , thats exactly what happened with the Astra , over time the footwells filled and it ran through to the cabin area .
I ended up cutting out the raised load area , which worked out really well as the tank sat lower , it also lined up bang on with the body shell to enable me to frame it in .

Rich

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 11:24:34 am »

What was the outcome on this...........

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=186672.msg1601402#msg1601402

Did you get the van sorted out?

Cant decide on Linex or Speedliner or Protectakote now. The transit custom has a plastic bed liner fitted, so its more of a backup really.

Richard ham

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »

What was the outcome on this...........

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=186672.msg1601402#msg1601402

Did you get the van sorted out?

Cant decide on Linex or Speedliner or Protectakote now. The transit custom has a plastic bed liner fitted, so its more of a backup really.

Yes it got sorted. I got in touch with Linex directly and they got in touch with the other company involved and van has been sorted 100%. I recommend linex flooring its awesome and has a lifetime guarantee. I was compensated by the other company and feel they sorted things out professionally. I am pleased.

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 12:11:32 pm »
This was it after 6 hours of builder clean work .
The bloke got 3 weeks inside , he then came out and broke his license trying to attack me , he got community service for that , which he failed to do , so they banged him up for another 4 months .

15 year ago i would have burnt his house down (ask Rich Ham)  ;)

Rich

jimmy boots

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »
This was it after 6 hours of builder clean work .
The bloke got 3 weeks inside , he then came out and broke his license trying to attack me , he got community service for that , which he failed to do , so they banged him up for another 4 months .

15 year ago i would have burnt his house down (ask Rich Ham)  ;)

Rich

Great van mate. Unlike most other vans, these will only go up in value  ;)

Richard ham

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 04:28:55 pm »
Indeed Mr H!

Mate if someone did that to my van i would break their fingers. You have certainly  mellowed over the years.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 06:18:16 pm »
ive worked on the engine of one of those as a camper they are great engines, apart from the bolts holding the exhaust to the manifold..... boh had to get to mind