This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SLJ100

New To The Site - I have lots of questions!
« on: January 29, 2015, 02:34:23 pm »
Hi Al

I am new to the site and been having a read through some posts.  A lot of them are quite old posts and I have some questions, so hope no one minds we starting this post to get some FRESH upto date answers !

1. Can anyone recommend a company to do DBS Checks in the Stockport/Manchester/North West Area ?
2. What hourly rate should I be paying a cleaner as thinking of taking someone on in the next month ?
3. Do you use all your own products ? If so, do you charge a higher rate ? I currently charge £10ph but thinking of increasing it to £12ph if I use my own products and keep it at £10ph if using clients products
4. Can anyone point me in the direction of a logo designer ?

I only do domestic properties.

Any advise/guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Sharon

My Domestic Cleaning

Re: New To The Site - I have lots of questions!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 02:26:45 am »
Hi Sharon,
Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here as well.
Here are my answers to your questions.
1. Disclosure Scotland is responsible for all DBS checks across UK.
2. Hourly rates for cleaners is around £7.50 p/h
3. Whether or not to use your own products depends on your agreement with your client. Usually cleaners who use their own products charge higher.
4. You can get a good and cheap logo at www.fiverr.com or www.fivesquid.com Other places you can check include 99designs, odesk, peopleperhour,etc.

Hope this helps a bit.
Best wishes,

Osar

SLJ100

Re: New To The Site - I have lots of questions!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:55:34 pm »
Thanks Oscar for the help.  I have had a look on the fiver website as a friend recommended them, but wasn't sure if it was too good to be true that you can get a logo design for £5 !!!