This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott james

Buying Pure water and making pure water
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »
Hello guys,

I would like to thank eveyone on here whom gave me advice on buying a WFP entry level set up.  I managed to get one and got the faclift big boy pack but with some different parts i got a 25ft pole with the UL exention on a phoenix EDGE pole etc...

Anyway I thought I be cheeky and ask if any has got any information on buying pure water, there are different depots around but a bit of distance, so wondered if anyone in th south east new any in KENT or any shops that are fish shops or cleaning shops that sell it, pref in the North Kent area???? Thanks.

I am going to buy in pure water as its cheap and I am starting out and dont need to much as not got many customers yet. I do want to start looking into buying an RO set up, my water is hard and over 300 reading, so I need the RO route etc.  I just wanted to ask here as you guys will give a good honest recommendation based on use of items or knowledge.  So what set up would be a good oen to start with?  I wont need to produce loads yet and can build as I grow.  I will have the water in barrels in my vehicle for now.

My set up would be tap outside which is about 6 meters away form shed where the set up will be.  I want the simplist set up but not the cheapest and not the most expensive just a decent entry level set up, any adivce would be amazing. I no some waste large amounts of water and I do not want that as meters are not good lol. I have seen some but wanted to on here and maybe get some good advice as I did last week on a pole and I am glad I did as I would have ended up buying crap when it looked appealing.

ALL THE BEST FOR 2015!!
Thanks in advance
Scott

cgh window cleaning

Re: Buying Pure water and making pure water
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:44:03 pm »
Kent water works sell ro water.
You can find them on ebay just type in r.o pure water.

Jakey boy

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:57:12 pm »
Kent water works sell ro water.
You can find them on ebay just type in r.o pure water.

Yep, your fortunate that one of the biggest pure water sellers in the country is in kent! I think it's dartford way...

scott james

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 02:49:19 pm »
Thank you,

Yes, the kent water works near dartford is good, I just wondered if there was one in medway at all, one is near margate too and I se there is going to be some more outlets soon. 

I just wondered do any aquatic centers sell them, I can nto seem to find any, or cleaning shops.

Jakey - thnak you for the Polarbrite recommed, i have got soem stuff form them, good shop.  they do pure water at 3p a liter, thats great, but little far form me.

I am wondering what to do re pure water as I will only have 25l containers, so will have to travel back and forward filling up at places, be great if some were near me or locations I will be at.  It would be hard work getting a larger tank in my car and getting it out full as heavy lol.  But for now I dont need to much as not got much work, but as I grow I need to get pure in and stored. I need an RO unit a fair price one thats good and does not waste much water as I can use that to make a few containers a week to top it up.  Not sure what to get I need to read more on whats good or not and easy to use at home.

Do many of you guys buy water for a supplier, when i rang them it seems they have load window cleaners go there as they say they dont like using the ro set up and costs and hassel and work out just as cheap as no maintenance.

Also guys form your exerience of day to day use how much water would be used on a average sised 3 bedroom house, would 25l be enough?

Also when you get a wfp, and you practice and start out, can you use normal water in it, or would that fook it up and leave crap in it? or do you have to waste pure practicing your skills. 

Jakey boy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »
Maybe get a small ro system from pure freedom if it's too far to travel mate, I doubt you'll get pure water (000) from a fish place, it won't be 100% pure

You can practice with nkrmal water, although you'll need to thoroughly rinse through the backpack and hoses with pure water once you get it.

Have a look at the pure freedom website for a small ro, it'll get you going for the time being, you shouldn't need much water at all to start with, as you've not many houses, you could probably get a fairly large house done with 25litres if the flow rate isn't too high...

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 04:01:42 pm »
Scott don't forget you can use rain water all you need is a way to collect it.

AJ

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:21 pm »

Don Kee

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 04:48:22 pm »
Get a 450 gpd r.o unit (https://collinswaterproducts.co.uk/index.php?cPath=111)
And produce into an 1000litre ibc storage tank. (r.o's only take out around 97% of the solids so you'll need a d.i as well to 'polish' your water to 0ppm)

Depending on your water pressure, you may need a booster pump to boost the pressure, making your r.o produce more water and create a lower tds (http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/24v-aquatec-reverse-osmosis-booster-pump-power-supply-p-274.html?page=2)

If you're just filling barrels at the moment, mount the tank on a few pallets and put a hose on the outlet of the tank. You can just gravity feed then.
After a while (i.e if you get a van mount) you'll want a submersable pump to transfer your water to your van tank

slap bash

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 05:15:11 pm »
To save money buy a 100 gal R/O with two pre filterers and a 10 inch refillable  DI  and fill into a 100/210 lit square water butt and add more R/O  membranes and butts as needed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-75-100gpd-4-STAGE-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-RO-UNIT-WITH-DI-CHAMBER-/271289672464?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&var=&hash=item3f2a1fe310.

jimiwindows

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 05:38:11 pm »

All clean in rainham £10 for 500lt

scott james

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 06:20:56 pm »
Ah guys, thats awsome info.  So if i was to spend about £150 on a  ro di set up would that be enough money? Would I get a half decent set up, or are you looking at more.  I am a little behind on the RO DI set up, so tryign to read as much as I can now in understanding it and then getting somthing in.  I dont need huge amounts of water just yet, so a decent little set up is needed.

My main worry is the water waste, i want a unit that will not rape my water usage on the meter. I hear to get 100l of water you will use 50l of waste water so I want to get a unit that does little waste as poss and good low cost running. I dont mind spending £150 odd or more to get this.  Just a little light on whats good and not as do not no to much about it as yet.  My pressure out the tap out back is quit good hard on the hand when held under, but I would get a booster just to help make it better.

Re the rain water? I assume its a pain to get this pure?  How do you get the water from a water hub say to the ro di unit? how would it pump to it? I will have to look online for a video, but that sound great as would save water.

Thank you again.   I see polar brite do it at 3p a litre, thats great, I just can not seem to find a fish place or shop in north kent that does pure water, pretty shocked.

Paul T

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »
MD Window Cleaning .
Maidstone just started selling Pure

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »
Rain water - put your d.i in the van (inbetween pump and hose reel)

R.o/waste - a 450 will do you for a while (i use one and use approx 2500-3000litres a week) but you hear wrong about the waste ratios....usually its pure 1:3 waste, so depending on your usage you could use a fair amount.
There are chaps that use a sub metre to claim some back though so hopefully they'll post (water isnt going to the drain so you shouldn't be charged)
Failing that, your best option is a 4040 r.o as you can adjust the pure/waste ratio

Booster/water pressure - just because 'its good on your hand' doesn't mean you got decent pressure. You want a min of 50psi imo, its doubtful you'll get that without a booster pump
Plus, with a booster your tds will go down (less resin) and you'll get less waste

D.I - dont bother with the crappy 1litre ones you get with the r.o's mate, you'll be changing resin every week. See if you can get a bugger vessel second hand...

johnny bravo

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 07:01:55 pm »
3p a litre is cheap,     id pay £10.50 for 350 litres.   nothing like that in north east

SeanK

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 07:29:55 pm »
Scott I have a water barrel that collects rain from the roof of my house the TDS is around 12ppm
I would say that it could be used as it is.

Mick Kent

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 09:00:10 pm »
Kent Waterworks has got me out of trouble a few times.  Saves having to go home and refill when we run out :)

scott james

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 09:37:41 pm »
MD Window Cleaning .
Maidstone just started selling Pure

Hi, I had a look on there site but no mention of it, I hope I have the right MD Cleaning.  Do you no how much it is per litre?

Thank you for that.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 09:54:36 pm »
Hi Scott,

MD Clean is the company in Gillingham - they have one of our large industrial GrippaPRO static systems and are planning on setting up a mini GrippaTank trade counter as well as selling the water they produce.

As they are only in the process of moving into a new unit, i would call them first on price per litre / times.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

scott james

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 10:02:50 pm »
Hi Scott,

MD Clean is the company in Gillingham - they have one of our large industrial GrippaPRO static systems and are planning on setting up a mini GrippaTank trade counter as well as selling the water they produce.

As they are only in the process of moving into a new unit, i would call them first on price per litre / times.

GREAT, Thank you, when I look them up, its the maidstone number that comes up, do you know the number to ring to speak to those selling the pure?    Must be one big system.  Thank you again. I been struggling to find places around north kent , sittingbourne are.  Thought there be a few places but not.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 10:09:33 pm »
Hi Scott,

GREAT, Thank you, when I look them up, its the maidstone number that comes up, do you know the number to ring to speak to those selling the pure?    Must be one big system.  Thank you again. I been struggling to find places around north kent , sittingbourne are.  Thought there be a few places but not.

It is quite a large kit - 800 LPH RO System  ;)

I would ask to speak to Mark or Sam on 01622 690124 - you will still go through to the Gillingham branch.

Any queries, come back to us and contact them for you.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk