This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

reah

Re: How did you get on with your 04/05 Tax Return?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 08:41:06 pm »
Hey
i did mine online this year and last year, it was easier this year.
They work it out straight away online then give you a break down of what and when to pay.
The form was simple and i did it in about half an hour.
What made it easier was doing my accounts daily and then accum weekly so you have all the figures ready.
I also have a business reserve account link to the business account for the tax money that i pay weekly 20% of earnings.
Why pay someone when you can do it yourself for a little effort.

abacus

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 11:28:31 pm »
Hi
my accountant does mine easy

Its the paying it part I got into trouble with

Somany people on this site charge sooo much for each house but no one earns much for good old gordon  ;D :o     do you all clean only two or three houses a day? my office got reaally stroppy sent the formin on time just they expect you to pay on time too. well it six kids they keep eating the savings

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 08:53:07 am »
Grant

I suppose most people on here are vat registered, with all that talk of big hourly rates ?

Probably not, my guess is most window cleaners pay less than £1000 in tax, so that equates to about £15000 gross turnover

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 05:19:45 pm »
And another thing...

What's all this paying 05/06 tax based on your 04/05 tax return?

That really stiffed me this year, and I ended up haggling with the 'tax man' over my monthly repayments.

I've got another two payments left to pay for what I owe ; then I'll stick in my return and see how much more he wants.

Mind you, the tax man seems reasonable; I understand it's a different matter with the VAT man.

--------------------------------------------------------

That aside, what I found difficult in starting a new window cleaning  was the following:

Getting the business

Charging properly (we were well underpriced)

Keeping on top of the monthly bills and our knecks above water.

Then the tax man starts hitting on you when you're well behind with stuff like your council tax.

It's been a struggle, and many times I thought I may have been better off getting a 'proper job', but we're close to the light at the end of the tunnel and it's taken three-and-a-half years.

No wonder so many window cleaners pack-it-all-in within six to ten months of starting; especially if they start from scratch!

abacus

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 11:22:02 pm »
Hi tosh
if your behind only a couple of payments cheer up old chap I owe several thousand  hope thats made your day it hasn't the tax mans

Dave you cannot be serious I wish I only had to pay a thousand I have really struggled to have the pole systems. most pay by cheque too so banking has been expensive too       

mes finks some tells porky to the rat man

grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved