Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

Re: Gardiner's website
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »
A categorie for new products would be nice i liked check that section on the old site for new produts due to be released.

Paul
I agree. It now says HOT scattered all over

craig21t

« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2015, 08:27:21 pm »
I like the site on iPad.

Alex, £420 +VAT for the Hannay manual is expensive.
Bridge Engineering are doing them for £310+VAT.
I can't think you're making that as extra profit ???

Someone has to pay for the new website ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2015, 08:30:59 pm »
I don't like this new site as it is currently :(

for me the user experience is not good, with the pictures zooming in, menus flashing up, far too busy for me...

it reminds me of a 1990's website where people were trying to be flash and clever. modern sites tend to be stripped back and clear to navigate IMHO

hope in the testing period you can sort a lot of this out tho
I agree. ..

The last site was much better..

wfp master

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2015, 08:49:11 pm »

for me the user experience is not good, with the pictures zooming in, menus flashing up, far too busy for me...

it reminds me of a 1990's website where people were trying to be flash and clever. modern sites tend to be stripped back and clear to navigate IMHO

I agree. ..

+1. lets have a poll. ;D

duncan h

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2015, 09:35:21 pm »

I agree. ..

+1. lets have a poll. ;D
think we know the outcome 90% like old better lmao

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2015, 10:42:45 pm »
A categorie for new products would be nice i liked checking that section on the old site for new produts due to be released.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the feedback.

There's a What's New section now  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2015, 10:44:03 pm »
A categorie for new products would be nice i liked check that section on the old site for new produts due to be released.

Paul

Doesn't anymore - that was a software default which has now been removed  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2015, 10:52:13 pm »
I like the site on iPad.

Alex, £420 +VAT for the Hannay manual is expensive.
Bridge Engineering are doing them for £310+VAT.
I can't think you're making that as extra profit ???

PoleKing - The £419 is with top mounted roller which for some reason I cannot get the preview of the product to remove from the price (although when on the product itself the price is correct). Our current retail is £393 which is Hannay's UK RRP. The specification of these reels can vary greatly so it would be interesting to know what specification the one from Bridge Engineering is.

kempy

« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2015, 06:54:44 am »
I've been on the website and it see so fine . It will become second nature after a few purchases .

Walter Mitty

« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2015, 08:09:17 am »
Just having a surf about and I've bought 2 hose reels for £0.00!!

Yay me!

They are probably out of stock really.  All the out of stock items are free !  :)

Roy Harding

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:45 am »
I took a look at the site when it first went up and a lot of links did not work, but now a big improvement.
With everyone's feed back I'm sure Alex will get it right as he does listen.

Roy

chanster00

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2015, 11:34:56 am »
Does anyone know what could be preventing me from opening the new website.

I keep getting the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page.

Nick

try clearing your cookies

Bay View WCS

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2015, 05:22:43 pm »
Does anyone know what could be preventing me from opening the new website.

I keep getting the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page.

Nick

try clearing your cookies

Careful - I ended up very fat doing that

Dave Turley

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2015, 06:59:44 pm »
I've just had a look on my iPad and it seemed ok to me.
I don't like the way that as you scroll up or down, whichever product you touched on to scroll comes up with a "quick view" window.

duncan h

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2015, 08:04:20 pm »

Paul

Doesn't anymore - that was a software default which has now been removed  :)
Getting better Alex. Now sort the black top header from flicking when a scroll down. Move testimonial to a small link and replace with stock. Ill be much happier. You will get there. Remember, basic not flashy  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2015, 08:27:29 pm »

Paul

Doesn't anymore - that was a software default which has now been removed  :)
Getting better Alex. Now sort the black top header from flicking when a scroll down. Move testimonial to a small link and replace with stock. Ill be much happier. You will get there. Remember, basic not flashy  ;)

The top header only seems to jump down on certain computers. My PC running Chrome and Firefox is not jumping from this it just smoothly scrolls down back into view when moving down the page. However on my wife's iMac running Safari and Firefox it jumps down suddenly, which is annoying her as well. Doesn't seem to do this jumping on iPhones or iPads either. I will be talking with the developers to see if there is a reason why it is jumpy on some screens/operating systems.

Whilst I would not want the site to be too flashy it is good to catch casual browser's attention if possible. Once you are off the home page though, there is virtually no flashiness with just very clear product presentation - this is where our clients spend most of their time whilst on the site.

Lots more still to do though until I am happy with it  :)

Paul erithwc

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2015, 08:54:39 pm »
I have gardiners site in my favorites but i have the link set to http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products.html so i don't see the home page.

The only thing that i find a pain is the quick view load time on my pc its around 8 - 10 secs but it might be my pc ipad is better for load times

Tom-01

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »
To be honest most of us on here know what we want to buy before we even go to the site, so it's just a case of it looking slightly different. And when all the little problems are ironed out it will be quick to order. It's only because it's different to what we are used to that it might not 'seem as good as the last one'.

And for anyone new to window cleaning or Gardiners products it's a very 'salesy' website which is good for Gardiners.

Will I buy poles and equipment elsewhere because the new site might have a flashy bit too it? No I wouldn't.

So from a Gardiners business point of view I wouldn't be worried at all, it's definitely win for them and for all concerned.

Ian101

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2015, 12:39:10 am »
Alex ... just to let you know the resin calculator has gone ?? ... now links to homepage  :(

Dave Willis

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2015, 07:34:33 am »
In the basket section I didn't notice any special delivery requests (like leave the parcel in the stables) is it still there?