This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: Vision On
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2014, 04:03:55 pm »
been using it a couple of weeks now and i havent noticed increase in speed, shiny windows, sheeting on hydrophobic glass. ive cleaned my own windows four times using it and not noticed any difference. if anybody has got vision, try it out on your own windows on a sunny day. wait til it dries, then have a close look!

Hi sur, can I ask what happens when it dries? What ratio have you been using it in?

Hi Gold person.  I have noticed that I am having to rinse some windows more than usual because when the bubbles dry there are some dust particles as suspected.
I am using the recommended dilution 1ml to 100 litres.  I have a 650l tank and I'm putting 7ml in, so after a week use there is a build up so now probably more like 10ml in there.

Pj,

If your water is still reading 000 then there will be absolutely no spotting or particles left on the glass. Could this be your working in windy conditions and dust is sticking? This will happen regardless of water quality.

You are the first person to say that they feel that this has caused spotting. Hopefully we can work out what's happening though.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »
here you go chaps:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HwSJLO_cVs

An explanation of what Vision is probably doing if you search about on youtube under 'surface tension' there's a delightful video demonstrating how a detergent or soap breaks down surface tension of water when sprinkled with pepper.
If I find it I'll stick it up on here - amazing how little is needed.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2014, 04:21:04 pm »
Makes perfect sense then. If vision is doing that, then it works.

Dave Willis

« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »
Here it is    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yanEapapM

So ....... I think this is what vision does. Some glass will be more obvious than others which might be why it works better for some and not others.
Once the surface tension has been reduced your probably chucking money down the drain by adding more - probably isn't needed.

Apparently soap doesn't work too well with hard water but detergent does. Pure water is soft anyway. We could all experiment with a tds meter and several bottles of detergent if we had nothing better to do - or just buy it ready made.
I think the website claims are fairly accurate (well apart from being tested worldwide maybe).

jk999

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2014, 05:14:46 pm »
Oh forgot to  mention  my tds at mo is 012

gary999

« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2014, 05:18:27 pm »
When I ordered mine I was very dubious and thought that with the dilution rate being so low it would be no good but I have got to say I really like the product it does make a difference and I will definitely be using it from now on, Sean how you can be so critical of a product you have not used it just makes you look very silly.

Trevor I had a insurance salesman try and sell me a pension plan a few years back, said for about twenty quid a week I could retire when I was sixty was 45 at the time.
I was totally critical of that even though I had never tried or had one, we all make judgements on products going by our
life experiences and knowledge of the jobs we do on a daily basis.
If I didn't clean windows and use wfp for a living then slating the product would be more than silly.

Sean why did you change from traditional window cleaning to WFP surely that cost you more than £20 to try out but obviously you gave it a try because of other peoples reviews, if you where anything like me then the change to WFP did have its problems that took time to overcome but you soon realised its benefits
 I have only gave my opinion of vision and whether you choose to listen to my opinion is in the end up to you but again I just cant understand how you can be so against a product without trying first.

Trevor I have a professionally fitted system that puts the water through the D.I. on demand, for me to
use Vision I would have to make changes to my system so it not just about the price of the product for me.
That's why I was trying to get a review from Gold or somebody that's definitely not connected to the product, look at the
reviews so far its either the best invention since the wheel or it doesn't make any difference.
It this moment in time my gut feeling tells me that this product is nothing more than a bubble maker but like you have said the
right reviews could change that.
The problem is which ones do you trust.

Bloody hell are you still rattling on ;D

you have no interest in the product but you still locked in at battling
against it.

Do you have a deep seated need to be right by anychance

if so take my advice and switch off....and fly free little birdy ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2014, 05:25:12 pm »
Oh forgot to  mention  my tvs at mo is 012
Wrestle the remote control from the wife and switch over to 504 for the darts ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2014, 05:47:23 pm »
Oh forgot to  mention  my tvs at mo is 012
Wrestle the remote control from the wife and switch over to 504 for the darts ;)

LOL  ;D

jk999

« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »
Just changed it lol 😆

Jonny 87

« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2014, 06:32:51 pm »
here you go chaps:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HwSJLO_cVs

An explanation of what Vision is probably doing if you search about on youtube under 'surface tension' there's a delightful video demonstrating how a detergent or soap breaks down surface tension of water when sprinkled with pepper.
If I find it I'll stick it up on here - amazing how little is needed.

Your spot on Dave. :)

Im not going to go into too much detail but......

Your right in what you say about the surface tension. In fact surface tension reducers are in pretty much every cleaning product out there. It's which ones do the best job for pure water additives which is the tricky part.

That's just a small part though. We've also found that when mixed wrongly, (along with the other things in vision) it can form a glue type mixture and turn into a solid mass. Obviously not something you want to be putting near any WFP equipment which would render pumps/hoses and jets ruined. Luckily we spotted this before we seriously damaged any equipment and stopped using those types of combinations.

I'm just trying to say it isn't a case of getting a surface tension reducer and putting it in your tank, and I really would not advise people to start doing that. We've learned from experience with this, and had trained chemists to call on for advise when we messed up in the early days.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Window Lickers

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2014, 06:36:05 pm »
dave Willis, thanks for those videos.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

SeanK

« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2014, 08:06:05 pm »
When I ordered mine I was very dubious and thought that with the dilution rate being so low it would be no good but I have got to say I really like the product it does make a difference and I will definitely be using it from now on, Sean how you can be so critical of a product you have not used it just makes you look very silly.

Trevor I had a insurance salesman try and sell me a pension plan a few years back, said for about twenty quid a week I could retire when I was sixty was 45 at the time.
I was totally critical of that even though I had never tried or had one, we all make judgements on products going by our
life experiences and knowledge of the jobs we do on a daily basis.
If I didn't clean windows and use wfp for a living then slating the product would be more than silly.

Sean why did you change from traditional window cleaning to WFP surely that cost you more than £20 to try out but obviously you gave it a try because of other peoples reviews, if you where anything like me then the change to WFP did have its problems that took time to overcome but you soon realised its benefits
 I have only gave my opinion of vision and whether you choose to listen to my opinion is in the end up to you but again I just cant understand how you can be so against a product without trying first.

Trevor I have a professionally fitted system that puts the water through the D.I. on demand, for me to
use Vision I would have to make changes to my system so it not just about the price of the product for me.
That's why I was trying to get a review from Gold or somebody that's definitely not connected to the product, look at the
reviews so far its either the best invention since the wheel or it doesn't make any difference.
It this moment in time my gut feeling tells me that this product is nothing more than a bubble maker but like you have said the
right reviews could change that.
The problem is which ones do you trust.

Bloody hell are you still rattling on ;D

you have no interest in the product but you still locked in at battling
against it.

Do you have a deep seated need to be right by anychance

if so take my advice and switch off....and fly free little birdy ;D

Just bored Gary need to get a life. ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2014, 08:23:35 pm »
sean k if you cant afford the £20 bucks to buy abootle and try would you like us shinners to have a whip around for you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i really do like people who have a opinion about stuff and never ever used it ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

now stop being a big wet girls blouse and buy a bottle  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ffffffffffsssssssssssssssssss

kevincoggan

« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2014, 08:31:22 pm »
so,you said that people have been using this from between one and eight years-that is your quote and now when asked to provide the quotes you say they aren't on this website?so where are they?your going to have to provide links sean because i can't really see that some have been using this for eight years now as you claim ban or no ban

Sorry Kevin I was wrong, the guy has been using additives in his water for eight years including Vision but hasn't been using
Vision for eight years.
I apologise for this mistake.
so has he or not being using vision for eight years?your answer is not that clear?

kevincoggan

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2014, 08:34:41 pm »
sean k if you cant afford the £20 bucks to buy abootle and try would you like us shinners to have a whip around for you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i really do like people who have a opinion about stuff and never ever used it ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

now stop being a big wet girls blouse and buy a bottle  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ffffffffffsssssssssssssssssss
too busy earning that 300 bucks a day rich i think

Pj

« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »
been using it a couple of weeks now and i havent noticed increase in speed, shiny windows, sheeting on hydrophobic glass. ive cleaned my own windows four times using it and not noticed any difference. if anybody has got vision, try it out on your own windows on a sunny day. wait til it dries, then have a close look!

Hi sur, can I ask what happens when it dries? What ratio have you been using it in?

Hi Gold person.  I have noticed that I am having to rinse some windows more than usual because when the bubbles dry there are some dust particles as suspected.
I am using the recommended dilution 1ml to 100 litres.  I have a 650l tank and I'm putting 7ml in, so after a week use there is a build up so now probably more like 10ml in there.

Pj,

If your water is still reading 000 then there will be absolutely no spotting or particles left on the glass. Could this be your working in windy conditions and dust is sticking? This will happen regardless of water quality.

You are the first person to say that they feel that this has caused spotting. Hopefully we can work out what's happening though.

Jonny,

Perhaps I didn't explain properly.  Water 000 TDS.  I didn't say I found spotting.  What I have found is that with so many bubbles, dirt particles appear as some of the bubbles travel slowly down the glass and pop on the glass.  It is down to technique I'm sure, but at the moment I'm slower than usual and using more water.

I'm not on the critics bandwagon this is just my experience so far after 4 days to be precise.

Pj

« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2014, 09:05:14 pm »
No Kevin I don't accept that as a satisfactory explanation.  I know what I'm doing with wfp, as I said earlier 18 years trad, 9th year wfp.  Old dog new tricks...
Sorry.

kevincoggan

« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »
sorry pj,what did you mean by your comment?if you could expand on this?

Pj

« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2014, 09:32:26 pm »
sorry pj,what did you mean by your comment?if you could expand on this?

I was replying to your comment that I am now cleaning the window more thoroughly than before so, dragging more dirt out.  For some reason you've deleted that comment now.

kevincoggan

« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2014, 09:36:50 pm »
not me pj,i'm not admin so can't do any of that,others can though ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)