This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

only for those that have used vision would you buy it again

Yes
43.4%
23 (43.4%)
No
56.6%
30 (56.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Michael Peterson

Re: Would you buy vision again
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »
to be honest, I couldn't care if it was horse p, the product does do what the lads say and will save me more than it costs in time, its not a miracle product but noticeably does work.

capn sparkle

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2014, 07:25:28 pm »
Jonny - Did you design it with one tail or two??

I'm in the 'wait n see' club but would definitely be interested in the faster rinsing element.

Glenn

SeanK

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2014, 07:39:03 pm »
We used it today and tested against the normal,

1. It is defiantly concentrated you can see and smell it in the tank
2. It bubbles a bit on the glass looks good I think and the bubbles dry to nothing
3. It feals slippery a little in use a little like squeegy glide used to, it's quite a nice dealing actually
4. Drys quickly , a bit like rain x on a windscreen, doesn't leave marks or anything so bonus
5. We rince and scrub at the same time so are quick anyways however it seems to defiantly improve any spotting issues so gives you more confidence when being quick
6. Hydrophobic windows are slightly improved when scrubbing and rinsing at the same time and leaving the brush on the glass, however whenwe tested brush off the glass with fan jets the rinse is vastly improved , but as I say if you clean normally the spotting is defiantly improved , we were trying to clean as quick as possible and it was difficult to make windows spot

All three of us liked is , it's not a micicle and doesn't clean the window for you but it does what they claim and is 100% noticeable in use we will use this product from now on
I'm not affiliated to the product but am glad to answer any questions on our experience

So what your saying is up until now your have been leaving the windows spotted but your now leaving less spots.

Jonny 87

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2014, 07:42:06 pm »
Jonny - Did you design it with one tail or two??

I'm in the 'wait n see' club but would definitely be interested in the faster rinsing element.

Glenn

Wikipedia strikes again.  ;D

Or do you mean amphoteric?

As I said, it is complicated. But the main thing to know is......all our testers and customers so far unanimously say that vision works very well. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

paul ette

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2014, 07:55:55 pm »
anythings worth a bash, im sure there where massive doubts about pure water when window cleaners started using it... still is.
how , where do we buy this mysterious vision ???

mufcglen

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 08:02:18 pm »
really would like to try this if these claims of faster work really do save time unfortunatly i run di, maybe somone needs to design a feeder system in the line after the di bottles?

kevincoggan

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2014, 08:11:33 pm »
I'm interested in how it does what it's supposed to do. It sounds like you've blended a couple of fluids without much thought or knowledge and found it seems to work rather than working from the ground up so to speak. Are you blending them yourself?
I come from a printing background where surface tension of pure water is altered using isopropanol. Obviously you haven't gone down this route so it seems more likely it's detergent/soap based. Good luck though - I'm going to watch this thread a bit longer and see how everyone gets on.
intresting,in summer try propanol a for slower drying times dave,iso is ok but not the be all,as you know its a wetting agent for the printing industustry to make the ink flow better(the use of di water has improved this process even further now).
vision amongst other "mixes"that have been developed have ALL been built from the ground up not just flash from sainsbury's and a bit of fairy added,it takes a long long while to formulate something like vision and the others,a lot of research not just by ourselves but we are aided by chemists as and when we need them,as for one or two tails?i'd go one tail and two heads to answer the question but why two heads when you can cleverly use just the one?

kevincoggan

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »
really would like to try this if these claims of faster work really do save time unfortunatly i run di, maybe somone needs to design a feeder system in the line after the di bottles?
i did make a stystem for the di guys this year cheshire to see how it went-it was fine,i didn't have any big issues with it,so yes it can be done mate,might do a video for the website in how to make one so you can use vision for yourself

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 08:34:22 pm »
Kevin was you on wfp academy a few years back? I believe you was developing this then? You promised me a bottle then, never got it  >:( ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 08:40:29 pm »
Kevin was you on wfp academy a few years back? I believe you was developing this then? You promised me a bottle then, never got it  >:( ;D

He's getting old mate. You've got to forgive him.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

kevincoggan

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 08:43:42 pm »
damo yes i did,things went other ways personally and i am old and i do forget sorry about that,it wasn't anywhere near as good as this anyway

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 08:53:42 pm »
No worries. I heard it was vinegar anyway. I kid. I kid.

kevincoggan

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 08:56:45 pm »
No worries. I heard it was vinegar anyway. I kid. I kid.
sshhh,letting all the secrets out!!!,glad you like vision

Dave Willis

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2014, 11:25:57 pm »
I'm interested in how it does what it's supposed to do. It sounds like you've blended a couple of fluids without much thought or knowledge and found it seems to work rather than working from the ground up so to speak. Are you blending them yourself?
I come from a printing background where surface tension of pure water is altered using isopropanol. Obviously you haven't gone down this route so it seems more likely it's detergent/soap based. Good luck though - I'm going to watch this thread a bit longer and see how everyone gets on.
intresting,in summer try propanol a for slower drying times dave,iso is ok but not the be all,as you know its a wetting agent for the printing industustry to make the ink flow better(the use of di water has improved this process even further now).
vision anumptyst other "mixes"that have been developed have ALL been built from the ground up not just flash from sainsbury's and a bit of fairy added,it takes a long long while to formulate something like vision and the others,a lot of research not just by ourselves but we are aided by chemists as and when we need them,as for one or two tails?i'd go one tail and two heads to answer the question but why two heads when you can cleverly use just the one?

Nothing to do with ink flow. It's used in the Litho process on printing presses to get the thinest coating of water on a plate as possible so yes a wetting agent. However it's used in much larger doses and temperature controlled. The ph of the ro water also has to be controlled but for different reasons. Iso was banded about on here as an antifreeze but the guys were claiming wonderful results too but at such small doses it would never work but they believed in it.

Stephen.C

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2014, 12:06:25 am »
vision anumptyst other "mixes"that have been developed have ALL been built from the ground up not just flash from sainsbury's and a bit of fairy added,it takes a long long while to formulate something like vision and the others,a lot of research not just by ourselves but we are aided by chemists as and when we need them,as for one or two tails?i'd go one tail and two heads to answer the question but why two heads when you can cleverly use just the one?

Nothing to do with ink flow. It's used in the Litho process on printing presses to get the thinest coating of water on a plate as possible so yes a wetting agent. However it's used in much larger doses and temperature controlled. The ph of the ro water also has to be controlled but for different reasons. Iso was banded about on here as an antifreeze but the guys were claiming wonderful results too but at such small doses it would never work but they believed in it.
Dave as a ex Minder I think its a alcohol based fount.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Dave Willis

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 07:56:56 am »

Fount is to control the ph and keep the ph very slightly acidic - can't see it would be much use for window cleaning. Isopropanol would and so would ethanol but you'd have a job to control it for our purposes. Several guys have chucked it in their tanks and got the bubbling effect similar to Vision. If Vision was isopropanol then the spec sheet would need to be changed and the smell masked pretty well.

I wouldn't fancy breathing in either of the above even in very dilute form - those days of using dodgy chemicals are over for me. Fan jets anyone?

Fin Clearview

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2014, 08:39:18 am »
For me on domestics just pure is fast enough - i know a windy who lost a fair few jobs for being too quick regardless of the fact his windows were good. Be careful sometimes too quick can upset a few custies, even if it does work that is.

Window Lickers

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2014, 08:42:35 am »
Good point
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Soupy

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2014, 08:49:53 am »
For me on domestics just pure is fast enough - i know a windy who lost a fair few jobs for being too quick regardless of the fact his windows were good. Be careful sometimes too quick can upset a few custies, even if it does work that is.

I get complaints like that sometimes.
'Are your windows clean?'
'I'm not saying they're not clean just that they were done too fast'

???

Fin Clearview

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2014, 08:54:55 am »

I get complaints like that sometimes.
'Are your windows clean?'
'I'm not saying they're not clean just that they were done too fast'

???

Tbh this windy is a good mate and i heard it from a custies son who sacked him. I asked him if his windows were clean though and he goes 'well...er yeah' - for some they just assume you are taking a liberty regardless.