This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jinky230

help from newpy would be appreciated
« on: April 15, 2006, 07:00:57 pm »
newpy realy like your backdoor is that a wrap

also looked at your website we have beeen doing jetwashing for a while now and was thinking of investing in the same tool as you use about 200 pounds I guess are they worth it, also looking to move up jetwashing machine, is it worth getting hot water type
any advice would help

jinky

newpy

Re: help from newpy would be appreciated
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 07:43:59 pm »
Hi
Yes the rear is a vinyl adhesive wrap. The only edges are the sides and have no signs of peeling etc. The life of it i suppose depends on a lot of varients i guess, but should be good for 5 yrs ?? as i said before £200.
With regards to the rotary machine (which i'm guessing that your talking about) was bought from dual pumps, and it does save a huge amount of time on large areas. Well worth the money, hot or cold?? up to you! we only use cold at the moment.

jinky230

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 09:33:12 pm »
newpy thanks for getting back to me it was greatly appreciated

dual pumps any details do they have a web site.

really picking your brains now how do you do internal gutters, at the moment we do them maually is there any other way, looking at oven cleaning also at the moment just as an add on - one service leads to another have you looked down this path

jinky

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 09:58:39 pm »

jinky230

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 10:27:20 pm »
thanks a lot makes life easy when you have an angle on your shoulder

jinky

jinky230

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 10:54:32 pm »
newpy any advice on the whirl a way, is larger better or do you use differnt sizes for differnt jobs

jinky

jinky230

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:09:38 pm »
andrew you will need to make allowances for my spelling mistakes I think I put angle instead of angel, I have had a few halfs to wind down

jinky

newpy

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
The whirlaway machine we use is 18". obviously the larger diameter the better really, just down to cost, also don't forget as the drum is cylindrical, you will need a lance of some sort to go around the edges of patios,patthways etc. but it does save time.
Oven cleaning?? never done it- don't want to do it!! personally i would stay away from that i really can't see any money in it. There is a chap around here with an oven clean franchise, and other "steam clean" companies that cover this area so i think it is a pretty saturated market.

newpy

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 09:37:17 am »
Speak to dual pumps about a gutter attachment! they do one or look at gutter vacs etc, a few different products on the market now.

jinky230

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 06:06:50 am »
newpy I see omnipole do a vac are they the only people that do them because it looks expensive

looked at the lance from dual pumps - looks god do they do a connection that goes over the cutter to spray the inside of the gutter to make the gutter spotless

jinky

newpy

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 05:39:35 pm »
The gutter attachment is a "u" shape with two jets on the end facing both ways. All you do is hook it into the gutters and spray the cr**p everywhere!!
I suppose with any tool there are fors and against. At least you can clean them out from ground level, albeit if they are full you may have to clear up the mess afterwards (10mins), but then it's just something you allow in your pricing. If you are careful and obviously reduce the pressure for these jobs you can control the amount / distance the moss etc. falls away from the building, short sharp bursts of flow clear blockages without the mess going everywhere!
If you are going to go into cleaning gutters, i would look at other products, and ask or look on this forum for ideas, i have no idea about other product costs or if they are any better as i haven't used anything else. Sorry i can't help you more in that department. If you do go ahead, remember that if the building has a conservatory on the back, the roof will get dirty so allow time for rinsing it, or even better get it added onto the job as a clean!

jinky230

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 11:25:45 pm »
thanks for the info newpy is it worth in vesting in the vacuum machines like the omnipole system that vacs the gutter first then rinse with the lance.

jinky

steve k

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 06:08:22 am »
ask the forum and stop stalking newpy.. it`s getting scary ;D

jinky230

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 04:20:39 pm »
ok steve got the message if i have upset anyone I apologise

never knew asking questions was stalking i thought this was the way people gained knowledge  - guess I was wrong

jinky

carl stanton

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 04:32:51 pm »
jinky did newpy answer you? yes, so dont sweat it i think steve is just messing! i think??  ???
                                     ;D

newpy

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 04:44:19 pm »
You got me worried now!!!!!!!!!!!! i think  i'll go join another forum!! :P
I was being tailed the other day by another window cleaner, so i took him on a tour of the area! quite funny really!! I think he was looking to see if he could poach some of my work! better luck next time l o s e r !!!!!!(won't mention any names incase he's on here and decides to come looking for trouble!

carl stanton

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 05:01:40 pm »
oh newpy!! there just somthing about you!! hmm  :-[
      dont worry  :-\
          just be very afraid!!

steve k

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 09:09:31 pm »
the smiley face expresses my intention...BUT... you would get much more wide ranging advice to any of your questions if you put them to the forum..for example, start a new topic and title it - " any advice on gutter cleaning please?"
Just out of interest...why did you need the advice specifically from Newpy...you`re not the person he showed around town are you?? ;D ;D

and what is it about his backdoor that you like so much... :D :D

(joking) ;D ;)

jinky230

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 09:14:00 pm »
your right steve I should have put the issue to the forum

I looked at newpy website and thought he was the lad for advice

lesson learnt