This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

invisable bird muck!!!!!!
« on: April 13, 2006, 06:14:53 pm »
just a word of warning!!
ive been wfp for about ten months now  and have gradually introduced it to my round so i feel i am not too bad with the old pole but the other day one of my customers came out and asked "was going to do a good job this time?" suprised beause they have always been good friendly customers i replied yes. they went on to explain that the windows were dirty since i had been using wfp especially one window which had had bird much on it since christmas!!!!!! shocked i apologised and the chap went on to explain that the white of the bird muck had been cleaned off and that when the window were wet they looked great but when they dryed you could see the bird muck . so i did job left it to dry and got my ladders and checked and sure enough there was greasey marks which were clearly bird muck and it took some getting off with a scrapper. i checked the rest of the upstairs windows and the were pretty good just the occasional spot here and there so now i know i need to give the top of the frame a bit more of a scrub and rinse (changed for pj). iv been thinking about it sinse i a think what must have happened was i saw the bird muck scrubbed it until it appeared from my perspective it was off and that would have been my mistake, so what im saying in a long winded way is if theres bird muck on a window scrub for a little longer after it appears to have gone.
its funny how one complaint can sour wfp for you and make you feel its a bag of rubish when you have cleaned many over house with no complaints. if any of you long term users of wfp have had any similar expeirences please share them and tell weather you managed to win the customer over with wfp.
Many thansk
Philip

spotless2000

Re: invisable bird muck!!!!!! New
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 08:11:58 pm »
if any of you long term users of wfp have had any similar expeirences please share them and tell weather you managed to win the customer over with wfp.
I’m not a long term user but I had a similar problem on one of my early cleans (WFP).  I was working at the rear of a property (having cleaned the front windows already) when the customer said, “Could you have a look at the window upstairs at the front?  It has got a mark on it.” :o  The customer then went shopping and left me to carry on.  After finishing at the back I went around to the front and the windows had dried.  I found the offensive greasy mark and after a lot of scrubbing, removed it.  I then went to the rear of the property to check my work and the customer returned.  I proudly said, “I’ve got rid of the mark for you” :) and the customer replied, “It doesn’t look any different!” ???  Back round to the front – “See”, she said. :o  We were talking about different windows! :-[  There were two greasy marks, one on each window and both very difficult, if not impossible to see, when wet!

Now I try to check more closely before I start and give the extra rub! ;)

Steve

Morph

Re: invisable bird muck!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:43:50 pm »
pure water will not remove grease.  You need detergent=degreaser.

Philip, first you say you had a stain on the window, then you say you went back to scrub the frame and rinse? ???

marc al

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »
  I was doing a 4 storey building a couple of weeks ago when a resident from the top floor came down and said I had missed some bird muck - it was a bright sunny day and 4 stories up it looked very clean to me - anyway she went up to point it out to me, I crossed the road so I could see her OK, to my amazement she opened the window and pointed to it and then shut the window again - it was a bloody inward opening side hung sash! She didnt even get a cloth and give it a wipe for me!!

bazzup

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 09:12:36 pm »
you must have felt downbeat traditional too though as well at times when someone pulls you up on a mistake?????

its funny how one complaint can sour wfp for you and make you feel its a bag of rubish when you have cleaned many over house with no complaints

they complained you fixed it job done in my opinion

baz

twt

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:32:23 pm »
pj did you actually read properly what the post says. read it again before you try pulling me up.

twt

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:33:21 pm »
thanks to the sensible coments left its nice to know im not the only on thats had problems of this kind.

Morph

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:14:55 pm »
pj did you actually read properly what the post says. read it again before you try pulling me up.

I apologise for misunderstanding your previous post Philip.  I wasn't "pulling you up".

I was confused, it happens to me often these days. 

I was taking a short cut grammatically, as I thought you were, but I guess I was wrong.
I wasn't sure if there was a connection between the frame and the stain.  If there was, then I would offer different help/advice,  If the stain was on the glass only, then it may need different advice, that's all.
I just read your post wrong.  Apologies again if it seemed insensible

Morph

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 10:19:01 pm »
By the way, sorry to "nit pick", but it is: "Invisible bird muck", not "Invisable bird muck".
That is not meant to undo my apology.

twt

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 10:34:09 pm »
ok pj just a bit prickly tonight. ( hope thats spelt) ;)

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 10:52:12 pm »
On a first clean i always take longer.This is because i give each window one scrub and let the bird muck soak.Then when i go back to start to clean the first one the bird muck comes straight off no problems.

Morph

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »
So concise.  That is what I would have said in the first place.
But I didn't.

I see you are no longer a guest, Easyclean?

We are honoured.  I just missed when you became a member.

That may read sarcastically, but not meant that way.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 11:00:45 pm »
PJ hi i came off here last year by accident was a member back in spt 2003

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 11:20:10 pm »
sorry may 2003

Morph

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 11:31:54 pm »
You're in Oxfordshire..Yes?

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 12:24:59 am »