Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rotary floor pads
« on: November 10, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »
Just curious does any one use standard floor pads on rotary cleaning of office carpet tiles? if so what is the preferred colour. To be used on a standard 200rpm machine (48kg)
using Dynamall. ???

Reg

Jamie Pearson

Re: Rotary floor pads
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 01:08:16 pm »
Dont go more aggressive than blue with that weight.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »
Thanks Jamie I will give it a go this Thursday. It is 2400sq Ft of empty office with a few minor stains. I am relatively new at this rotary cleaning side of it. The office is on the 4th floor so keen to see results. I will be using Dynamall. Full vac then pre-spray- 10 min dwell then do the rotary with fresh spray as I go????? I will revert to HWE if not looking good ::)roll

Reg

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 01:54:44 pm »
Pre-spot all the stains first throughout the whole area then work in sections as you describe.

Take a selection of pads with you as nylon scrub pads aren't always the best option depending on the construction of the tiles.

Paul Moss

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »
Thanks Jamie I will give it a go this Thursday. It is 2400sq Ft of empty office with a few minor stains. I am relatively new at this rotary cleaning side of it. The office is on the 4th floor so keen to see results. I will be using Dynamall. Full vac then pre-spray- 10 min dwell then do the rotary with fresh spray as I go????? I will revert to HWE if not looking good ::)roll

Reg

Reg you will end up messing this up big time.
Prob best to submit out to a local company, try this company they are near you
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Tony Stewart

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 07:05:45 pm »
 ;D ;D
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

elliott cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 09:39:32 pm »
Subtle high pressure selling your forte, Paul?? ;)

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:19 am »
The client is actually in N.wales but insists on !the best in Chester! 8) You can have the Tivoli if you like !!!! thats near you ;D ;D ;D
I have decided not to try scrub pads and use bonnets instead :)

Mark Goddard

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:18 pm »
Reg
Get a couple of Zebra pads from John Kelly.

Mark

SteveAllan

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 01:54:08 pm »
How do the Zebra pads compare to the Activa pads. Looking to get some more for me Orbiter.

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:10:58 pm »
I found that the zebra pads with a cimex were absolutely useless! I tend to use buff/brown 8" pads from my local supplier they cost me about 80 pence each plus vat or the 17-18" buff pads that ive used with my chemstractor cost me about £15 plus vat for a box of six

Stuart