This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig jwc

118Trades.com
« on: April 12, 2006, 01:15:21 am »
Has anyone else heard of these or using them??

The reason i am asking is that i signed up to them a couple of weeks before Xmas been told it would be in my area within 6 weeks.

You have to have checkable references and you are 1 of 4 people/businesses in the booklet in your line of work they put out to everyone in your area.

You also get a webpage with them on their site.

This lasts for 18 months.

I am still waiting for them to come into my area and each time i have managed to get in touch with them they tell me next month.
They very rarely reply to phone calls, emails or posted letters. >:(

Was told today they would be in my area in June/July now.

I told them that i want a full refund (Nearly £400 i think it was) as they are giving a very poor service, but was told the manager was on lunch and would get him to phone me when he gets back.

Well he never phoned me back and i couldn't get through when i tried phoning again. >:(

Has or Is anyone else had problems with these??

Craig

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: 118Trades.com
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:23:05 am »
they got in touch with me too
the ask me for £50 to go on the books and i said NO WAY
then the guy said

"hang on and i will ask the manager if we can do a deal"

he then came back to me and said

"special offer, £350 to you sir"

to which i then replied "too exspensive NO WAY"
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 08:30:49 am »
Has anyone else heard of these or using them??

The reason i am asking is that i signed up to them a couple of weeks before Xmas been told it would be in my area within 6 weeks.

You have to have checkable references and you are 1 of 4 people/businesses in the booklet in your line of work they put out to everyone in your area.

You also get a webpage with them on their site.

This lasts for 18 months.

I am still waiting for them to come into my area and each time i have managed to get in touch with them they tell me next month.
They very rarely reply to phone calls, emails or posted letters. >:(

Was told today they would be in my area in June/July now.

I told them that i want a full refund (Nearly £400 i think it was) as they are giving a very poor service, but was told the manager was on lunch and would get him to phone me when he gets back.

Well he never phoned me back and i couldn't get through when i tried phoning again. >:(

Has or Is anyone else had problems with these??

Craig

I got a telesales call from them a few months back.  I decided not to proceed as it sounded "not right".  They phoned me again a week or two later and I told them that any further calls would be regarded as a breach of telecom regulations as my number is listed with telephone preference service (i.e. no telesales calls).  Not heard from them since.
I can't really say why they sounded "not right".  It was just a feeling I got that I can't explain rationally.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 08:45:40 am »
hi i've been getting calls from these guys for the last few months they are like the plague can never get rid of them!! the phone first call i had i hung up on him he was shouting down the phone at me saying i was making a mistake !! at that time it was £600 he wanted like i have that kind of money i noticed the last call i had it was down to £350 still too much i think these guys think we are loaded they also seemed to have teamed up with another telesales lot can't remember the name at least they are a bit more resonable on the phone though they have the same opening line !! :o

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:54:01 am »
hi guys

i advertise with them but 10 months in and not one call .

dont do it if you can cancell then get your money back its a waste of money.
Belinda
the real boss.

KJG

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:42:42 pm »
There was a thread here not too long ago. Basically, it's a load of crap.

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 06:04:17 pm »
they came on to me a week or so back and I told them they had a bad name in the trades. I said my organisation ( not a WC outfit ) was sufficient for me and did all I desired and gave me insurance in the package, he came back and said if you belong to a trade organisation you are wasting your time and money so we had a bit of a barney with me telling him he ought to get his ear to the real ground to get the views of real trades people and he started again slagging off trade associations as being a waste of time so I asked him what benefits besides taking my money did he offer. He just said his company was better than anything out there and would outlive any association to which I replied that is a load of nonsense to which he then screamed in a high pitch voice that the '' offer to join is now recinded '' and slammed the phone down.

Excellent   :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 09:41:16 pm »
Better off without them all they do is waste your time that could be better spent working!! ::)

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 09:49:07 pm »
They used to pester me every week.
I lost my rag with them and sent in a written complaint have not heard anything since.

They were also on BBC Watchdog a few weeks back
http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/homes/homes_20060321_2.shtml

Paul

craig jwc

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 10:33:33 pm »
Managed to get in touch with them again today but was told they wouldn't return any of my money.
They said i have to write to their management team who will look into my complaint.

Been there done that once before and never had a reply.

Might try an get legal advice but i just have a feeling i won't get anywhere and have to put it down to experience.

Don't think i will bother using any advertisement companies after this.

Craig

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 10:38:46 pm »
hi have you looked at the link paul griffin left their is an email to send complaints too executiveoffice@118trades.com

craig jwc

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 11:09:49 pm »
Yes i read that.

Will be writing to them aswell as the address i was given today

Craig

craig jwc

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 12:28:53 am »
Just emailed them with letter of complaint through the link Paul put up.

I have asked for a complete refund and told tham that i will looking at getting advice about the matter.

Lets see if they reply

Craig

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 09:16:04 am »
they ask me to,they are based in chelmsford I did not bother with them :P :)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

KJG

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 12:04:51 pm »
they ask me to,they are based in chelmsford I did not bother with them :P :)

A bit slow there Tel. I would have give them the 'Do you know who I am routine', you can use my name for 10 grand etc. Then again, as the word's now out that they're a bunch of skanks, probably not.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 12:49:59 pm »
oh contra kg I did I said er you need to pay me ;D but to many bad things are being said,so good idea not to ;)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

telboy

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 02:17:53 pm »
Terry how did you get on in Florida ;)

Telboy