Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Molloy

Airflex Storm v Jaguar 6.6
« on: October 06, 2014, 06:18:47 pm »
Hi All. I am new to this site so please bear with me  :)
I am looking at buying a new machine. My thinking is Airflex Storm or Jaguar 6.6. What do the members on here think? Or is there another option?

Tom
Nethermoor Carpet Care
Age UK Trusted Trader for that peace of mind

tim handley

Re: Airflex Storm v Jaguar 6.6
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »
be good to hear from somebody who has used both to compare them............helpfull to newbies and folks like myself looking to upgrade from existing machine..... i will be going for one of these two!

Tom Molloy

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 07:05:47 pm »
Hi Tim.

Will be good to hear what you think. I am favoring the Airflex at the moment as its a UK machine and on many of the comparisons, appears to out perform the Jaguar. It also looks a lot more professional too.
I been doing the research on both. They are both excellent machines. Depends on what offers are available.
Nethermoor Carpet Care

JandS

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:12:41 pm »
Enforcer is the best value for money.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

tim handley

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 07:16:56 pm »
at the moment i cannot choose between em, i have an airflex at the mo, the main thing in favour of clean smart for me is geography!!!   i live 20 minutes away, handy if i need repairs or service!!!! id genuinley like to hear from somebody whos had em both..............

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »
Id go for the Airflex if I were you Tom as they are the nearest to you. Also Solutions have a new machine out now so I would imagine the Jag will be phased out in the future.

carpet_care

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »
I have the airflex storm and have used the old version of the jaguar in the past the scorpion.

I would go for the storm every time its a great machine, in fact ive just bought an airflex mini to replace my ninja because i think the airflex in general is the best put together machine out there.

Andy Locke.

Tom Molloy

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »
Thanks folks. I really appreciate the feed back.  :D ;D
Nethermoor Carpet Care

jim mca

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 07:54:51 pm »
Tom

I have owned both hated that you needed to remove a bung on the side of the Jag and tilt it over to fully empty the waste tank and you have to be careful when filling not to pour water into the machine. Storm I don't like the auto dump hose bit of a pain both have the same power if you are near Cleansmart stick with them.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »
totally agree with above - the Jag has a bung on the side, you can't empty all the dirty water from the gate valve and its a faff taking the bung off and leaning the machine over to empty all the water from the bung during a job, this means the water level is always higher when you are during a job and if using anything above 200 psi the dirty tank fills quick and foam or water ingress into the vac ports will happen sooner rather than later

the Jag was flawed from day one - this has lead Solutions to speed up producing their own machine, if you want a machine from Nick look at his machine made by him, not the Jag - Nick does do a maintenance plan scheme with his a new machine which is good for newbies. The Jag's problems i believe were ironed out by Nick at Solutions, not the US manufacturer so do you want a machine that needs upgrades done in the UK just to make it useable here?

as regards the Airflex, i have one now (the Turbo) after 4 years working with the Scorpion which was a reliable version of the Jag. I much prefer working with the Airflex, it wheels better, is manufactured much better and can empty all dirty water from the gate valve. It has proper switches, big back air wheels and it also looks better which isnt a major factor but is a consideration.

the Enforcer is also a great machine with very good reports although i havent used one