This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Lickers

Re: Negotiation
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 11:18:39 pm »
If I was to receive an e-mail from our window cleaner out of the blue like that, when another window cleaner had simply canvassed the road, I would certainly think it strange.

Other window cleaners are allowed to canvass without me having to get on my high-horse. I wonder if electricians or chippys, builders for that matter, do anything similiar.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Window Lickers

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »
Unfortunately it is company policy not to take on a customer again once they have left us without reason.

They do have a reason, it's just you don't like it.

Johnny B

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 12:19:35 am »
I had one a while back. It's a 50 quid detached house which I clean whenever required by the customer. She phoned to say she had been quoted half of what I charge, but that because she is happy with the quality of my work, would rather keep me if I could match the lower quote.

I replied that I couldn't work for less than I quoted, and said that I would leave it with her to decide who she wanted to use.

A couple of months later, she rang me to clean them for her. I duly did so, and was paid my asking price of 50 quid (euro).

John.

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

rick trinder

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 12:47:51 am »
That reeks desperation.

If I knew someone had canvassed my customers, Id be miffed I guess, but wouldn't be chasing them up with e-mails and explanations about 'the summer brigade'. I'd allow them the opportunity to choose who they wanted to clean their windows, its not my job to be trying to persuade them one way or another.
but it is your job!!!!
always looking on the BRIGHTSIDE!

J.D

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 03:39:18 am »
Tell them to go with the half price cleaner that doesn't actually exist and concentrate on your bread & butter domestic customers! Commercial work tends to look good on paper but it's a furious game of chasing payments and in many cases you'll be competing with monkeys who will do it for peanuts ! Loyalty is from a bygone era when a farthing got you drunk and you had money left over for a bag of chewing tobacco. !

Johnny B

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 03:39:57 am »
That reeks desperation.

If I knew someone had canvassed my customers, Id be miffed I guess, but wouldn't be chasing them up with e-mails and explanations about 'the summer brigade'. I'd allow them the opportunity to choose who they wanted to clean their windows, its not my job to be trying to persuade them one way or another.
but it is your job!!!!

I reckon on trying to persuade the customer to stick with me by my actions rather than words. I try to do a top job for a realistic price, and let my work speak for itself. It doesn't always work, but then if customers are ready to jump ship on price alone, are they the type of customers you really want anyway? She stayed with me because she was happy with my work and I kept her because she paid me my asking price.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 07:19:30 am »
If I was to receive an e-mail from our window cleaner out of the blue like that, when another window cleaner had simply canvassed the road, I would certainly think it strange.

Other window cleaners are allowed to canvass without me having to get on my high-horse. I wonder if electricians or chippys, builders for that matter, do anything similiar.

Sorry, I should've said, the customer had emailed me saying he was 'thinking if giving them a go'
I had pretty much been dumped but he was just testing the water to see if I'd match the price I think.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 07:21:04 am »
Unfortunately it is company policy not to take on a customer again once they have left us without reason.

They do have a reason, it's just you don't like it.

Yeah, I wanted to our 'good reason' but thought it sounded wrong...

jimiwindows

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 07:48:56 am »

Every job is someone's job you win some you lose some.
No such thing has a bad job a bad price makes a job bad.
I would rather 50 £30 jobs than 100 £15 jobs. LET IT GO
move on.

Window Lickers

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 08:06:02 am »
Everything happens for a reason. You just don't know what that reason is just yet - in time you probably will.

When this happens I've found that something else always come along, without fail, that betters what I've lost.

jimiwindows

Re: Negotiation New
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 09:17:47 am »

When this happens I've found that something else always come along, without fail, that betters what I've lost.

+1

Tom White

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 02:44:14 pm »
Everything happens for a reason.

In reality I find that things happen because of reasons.

PoleKing

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »
Everything happens for a reason. You just don't know what that reason is just yet - in time you probably will.

Yup.
The particular job I've, now, lost (he's just emailed) I got another yesterday-same price but less windows.
Happy days.