Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AJB

Re: over-rated chemicals
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 04:02:52 pm »
Yes

Cavitation is caused by vapour in the liquid, these small bubbles
explode which causes the damage. This can occur in any liquid subjected to sudden
pressure changes.
That is the reason submarine screws are so well designed, to avoid cavitation, which
is the loudest part of the sub when running silent.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

adrian marsh

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 06:18:47 pm »
Formula 90 dosent damage pumps if it did it wouldnt be the biggest selling carpet cleaning chemical in the world as for the sticky residue bit if you follow the instuctions you wont have a problem thats just common sense.

I have no idea whether F90 is the biggest selling cc'ing chem in the world, and frankly Scarlet...............! Neither do I have any problems with sticky residue. Well not cc'ing sticky residues anyway ;D

Maybe I've been overdosing on common sense 8) Tricky job this cc'ing ain't it?

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 09:29:01 pm »
Alltec use to use coated pump heads as far as i know specifically to cope with their Ultimate master

Powders do cause problems - when i use to use SPM as a prespray it would soon cause problems with my electric sprayer and shafts in the pump up sprayers

Dont forget in between cleans any solution left it the pump will start to get cold and crystallize and create a corrosive build up in the head

No matter what the UK Pumptec distributor says (i wen to see them and heard it all) - pumps are much happier working with just plain water or just a liquid rinse added

stuart_clark

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 09:41:42 pm »
Cavitation is small air bubbles trapped in the pump and normaly eats away at the valve seats on alloy pumptec pumps, I had quite a few problems in  the early days with my first Scorpion!
But not anymore, pumptec suggested I fitted two intake pipes, never had a problem since, pumptec also said there isn't a cleaning chemical in the uk that would damage there pumps

Stuart

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 10:40:28 pm »
That's interesting to know, I've always thought that it's not the cleaning product that's corrosive it's more of the undisputed or it's not been mixed sufficiently, when I mix f90 I have to really mix it before it goes in the sprayer.

Shaun

jim mca

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »
If you use F90 as a pre spray what dilution do you use

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:04 pm »
water for me , why cant it remove everything with out adding stuff to it , life would be much easyer

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 11:13:55 pm »
Stuart - i thought you had loads of problems with pump heads in the past you put down to powders in the tank including when you bought non Alltec supplied heads before the Scorpion?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 10:37:00 pm »
Flush your pumps with clean water after using a powdered detergent, even add a little acidic rinse in for good measure.
Talking about products which are over hyped... Fusion 8 by solutions, every time I used this product as a pre spray on upholstery I ended up having to use something else as it just didn't work at all...  Waste of time regardless of what is said on CT
MPower... Found it to be hit and mostly miss, converted over to Bioclean and I love it :-)

SteveAllan

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 10:43:25 pm »
Interesting, I thought MP and bio clean were the same thing. Is this not the case.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »
Fusion 8 - an in tank cleaner or prespray and its a polymer based cleaner. So I asked if it could be used as a bonnet/encap cleaner as its polymer and can be used in tank so hence not rinsed.

Never got an answer but I think its an encap compatible cleaner - am I wrong?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »
Why not just buy a product which is designed to encap such as Dynamal or DS2?

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:48 pm »
Yes I know that Russ, just I have a load of Fusion 8 which I can't find a use for and wondered about trying it as an encap

Your answer is just the same I got before

I like to explore chemicals, they are often not completely as the supplier may describe and understanding what they are may mean other use

stuart_clark

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »
I found I had realy good results when using fusion 8 on upholstery, took a video a couple of years ago cleaning a multi coloured chenile, you could hardly see the patten and I must admit it came up a treat, but saying all that I now use prochem upholstery prespray and get better , faster results every time

see I dont always use in tank detergents ! Lol

stuart

stuart_clark

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2014, 01:16:50 pm »
Cleanercarpets !

Its right I did have a lot of problems a few years ago with pump heads, and thats right I did put it down to the powder I used in tank,
but later found out from pumptec that cavitation was the real scoundrel! Microscopic air bubbles within the pump head causing eroding of the valve seats
they advised me to fit two intake pipes to there pump head and that would eradicate the problem, and to be honest I've never had any further problems since

stuart

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 02:29:11 pm »
Good to know thanks Stuart

I think my Airflex has a double water connection to the head which will be good whereas the Scorpion comes with a single side connection as standard, probably because of space or the lack of