This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mick Kent

Re: Ritchie...
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2014, 10:15:17 pm »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Who cares.

davids3511

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2014, 11:00:28 pm »
wow poor old richy has been judged once in a court of law and now he is being judged again. he was stupid and  paid his price.. let him rebuild his life without the negative comments . them without sin cast the first stone springs to mind ...just my thoughts tbh  
Would you say the same about a rapist or Paedo?

ben M

« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2014, 11:02:02 pm »
wow poor old richy has been judged once in a court of law and now he is being judged again. he was stupid and  paid his price.. let him rebuild his life without the negative comments . them without sin cast the first stone springs to mind ...just my thoughts tbh 
at least twice actually....

Tom White

« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2014, 11:33:52 pm »
Of course there are more alcohol problems. That is because it's legal to drink it from a young age.

You cannot compare the problems caused by something that is perfectly legal and something that is illegal.

There is a huge number of people who will not touch or try drugs because they are illegal.

There's also the question of social acceptance. Booze to an extent is socially acceptable whereas in the main, drugs aren't.

Wossy, these people who drink alcohol at a 'young age' are probably breaking the law especially if they're drinking it in a public place (like in a park).  But that doesn't tend to stop young people from doing that anyway.

And of course you can compare illegal drugs and alcohol because both can be used in exactly the same way; both affect the brain.

As to what's socially acceptable or not depends on what circles in society you mix in.  Drugs is obviously acceptable at a social level in the circles Ritchie mixed in (or were), but they're NOT acceptable in mine.

Given alcohol is probably the UK's No 1 cause of social problems, I think it's hypocritical to get all high 'n' mighty over illegal drugs.  Remember, just because something is legal doesn't automatically mean it's right and moral.  An example is the prohibition in the US; at one time alcohol was illegal, then it was legal, which just goes to show that just because something is against the law doesn't automatically mean it's also immoral.  Unless of course you base your morality purely on the law, which would be daft.  Nazi Germany (Godwin's law withstanding) had some laws which most right-minded folk would find immoral.

And all prohibition did was make gangsters rich; it didn't stop people from drinking.  I think illegal drugs is like that.

gary999

« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2014, 12:04:54 am »

i wonder how big a problem certain drugs would be if they were
legal and socially acceptable,i imagine it would be at least as bad
as alcohol.

when i was growing up the legality was definately tied  in
with morality with certain things such as drug taking
and it put me off,if it had been legal and more socially acceptable
i reckon i would of tried most things to go with my smoking for twenty
years and heavy drinking when i was younger.

deeege

« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2014, 12:21:47 am »
Some quite respected members are really surprising me in this thread......

.....and then there's BenM who is always consistently stupid!
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

supernova77

« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2014, 12:23:40 am »
Wish I had never started this thread now...  ::)roll

Maybe it should be locked?

Mick Kent

« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2014, 12:26:05 am »
So many people talking poo on here!
If it was your sons or daughters mixed up with taking drugs then im sure your views would change! Especialy towards the dealers!. If not then there is clearly something wrong with people nowdays!
If my daughter was on drugs i wouldnt be saying to her "thats ok i drink beer and gamble so you ring your dealer and get some coke and have a good sniff my darling and get out your nut, im so proud of you".!
Then again by some of the replys on this thread maybe some would be fine with it.

Tom White

Re: Ritchie... New
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2014, 12:30:32 am »
If it was your sons or daughters mixed up with taking drugs then im sure your views would change! Especialy towards the dealers!.

Nope.  I'd blame my daughter and myself; it's called taking responsibility.  She wouldn't take drugs and she rarely drinks booze either.  She's well educated about this stuff.

Blaming drug dealers for people taking drugs would be like blaming barmen for making alcoholics drink; that would be stupid.

Tom White

« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2014, 12:31:15 am »
Wish I had never started this thread now...  ::)roll

Maybe it should be locked?

It's your post therefore you can lock it yourself.

supernova77

« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2014, 12:34:45 am »
It's your post therefore you can lock it yourself.

Oh - didn't realise that!