This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Morph

Anyone got an Ionics Brochure?
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:17:42 pm »
In the 2006 Ionics brochure on page 8 a resin cartridge is promoted.
Anyone using this?
It says: 'The volume of pure water produced is limited to the small size of the ..cartridge and is dictated by the local water quality'.
It's primarily to clean conservatory roofs, or dormer windows.

Anyone got any idea how much pure water this would produce in a hard water area, before needing a new one?  Doesn't look like you can refill it.  Doesn't give any spec on size, either.

poles apart

Re: Anyone got an Ionics Brochure?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 06:40:17 pm »
It's really for resale to the domestic customer. It's about a foot long and I doubt it would last long in a hard water area.
Rod

Morph

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 07:24:06 pm »
How long is 'not long'?

I'm curious, not because I want one, I'm already set up, but someone I know has been looking at the brochure, and he thinks that would be a cheap way of starting wfp, for him and a couple of others.
I know he would be wasting his money going that route, but Ionics don't make it very precise in the brochure.  They obviously want to sell.
I reckon he'd get about a day's work at the most, out of it, in our hard water area.  TDS 350 - 400.
But if I could get a good reply from someone here I would show him.
Any ideas?

gaza

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 07:34:32 pm »
forget it is the best idea,best way cheap ro,cheaper and cost effective.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

matt

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:20:32 pm »
as you said, its designed for the home owner to do there own windows, which personally i find a touch wrong

they sell a system to a window cleaner for THOUSANDS, then they try and get the home owner to buy a DI cylinder so they dont need a window cleaner

nothing like looking after the people they sell to eh

Morph

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 08:32:05 pm »
So, this 1foot long resin filter, you connect to the outside tap next to your conservatory, connect your hose and 12' pole/brush and wash the roof with it.  I wonder if you get any instructions?
If not, I can imagine someone turning their tap full on, washing away...great results first time!  Resin worn out!  Time to buy a new filter.
£40
No real threat to the w/c Matt.  They have to buy a pole & brush too.

So is it a one off clean?  After all if you stow the filter away for a couple of months till next time, will it be any good?

Lee.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 09:28:38 pm »
Just works on mains water...mmmm. Dont think that pressure would be high enough to reach third storey either. Dont really know though just guessing  :-[

Lee

simbag

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 09:30:23 pm »
Hi I was speaking to Ionics at windex, about their DI trolley ( the one on the same page as the cartridge), and as I live in a hard water area, they did not recommend it to me.

When I pressed them they said it may only last about 5-6 days max doin approx 4 hrs a day! On that reckoning, I doubt you have much more than 4-5 hours in the cartridge in hard water areas!

Morph

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 09:34:30 pm »
Hi I was speaking to Ionics at windex, about their DI trolley ( the one on the same page as the cartridge), and as I live in a hard water area, they did not recommend it to me.

When I pressed them they said it may only last about 5-6 days max doin approx 4 hrs a day! On that reckoning, I doubt you have much more than 4-5 hours in the cartridge in hard water areas!

Exactly as I thought.  Thanks simbag.
That is just about the maximum I calculated you'd get from it.  He wouldn't believe me.
I think he will now
Great this forum. 
Just pop the right question...and be patient......
Thanks guys.

simbag

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 09:41:34 pm »
Great this forum.
Just pop the right question...and be patient......
Thanks guys.

Isn't it just, haven't been on here for several months, don't know why I've been away for so long.
I really enjoy reading tips and info on here, just means I've got some catching up to do!

Simon