This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

s.hughes

Are we affected by the hose ban???
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:56:08 pm »
My water supplier is 3 valleys water. I've just looked at their web site and it announced that on the 3rd of April we wll have a hose pipe ban. I've looked down the list of answered questioned and cannot find a restriction for our type of work. All it says is that you cannot use a hose for the garden or car. However you can use it to fill up a swimming pool as it wont be used as much.
Now my system has a hose pipe from the rear of the house to the shed. It is only short and I am wondering if anyone else has more info on it. Are there any wfp users that have been under the ban for some time but have found a way around it, if at all they need to.

Cheers
Steve

garry

Re: Are we affected by the hose ban???
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 09:18:35 pm »
we have a drought order from april 6th (thames water) i dont know whether i can carry on with wfp but i tell you this im gonna carry on using it no way am i gonna lose my bussines which has taken 3 years to build up the only way they will stop me is by putting me in prison.
sod the water compaines there just money grabbing morons i dont belive there is a shortage of water its just there way of getting everyone on a water meter so they can make more money and it means more money for this govement.
wfp rules and im sticking with it got that of my chest :(

Re: Are we affected by the hose ban???
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:25:21 pm »
Hi Everyone

Steve, the hose pipe ban normally does not affect window cleaners unless otherwise stated.

However, a drought order currently does and it also effects traditional as well as water fed pole.

I would also suspect many people will agree with what Garry has said, however, unless we can oppose this drought order, there will be high number of window cleaners in prison.

Everyone needs to fill in the petition.

Thames water have not announced the public meeting yet and cannot in force a drought order until one has been held.

Many thanks

Andrew