This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Re: RESULT !!! 👍
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 07:24:20 am »
This is what drives down prices of commercial work.

I know Danny has some long standing contracts as he has told us, but any new work you undercut on you are just a sitting duck for the next under cutter.

I lost all but a few commercial jobs over the years as i was fed up of under cutters. The last job was a job i had cleaned for over 10 years. Never moved the price.

£30 in and out 1hr, then out of the blue they had a quote for £25 and wanted me to match it. NO chance.

This is why the commercial takes a back burner for me.

I don't think a lot of cleaners are suited for commercial anyway. You get some folk who whine over loosing a £15 house, imagine loosing a £150 per month job lmao.

8weekly

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2014, 12:40:43 pm »

I know Danny has some long standing contracts as he has told us, but any new work you undercut on you are just a sitting duck for the next under cutter.

I lost all but a few commercial jobs over the years as i was fed up of under cutters. The last job was a job i had cleaned for over 10 years. Never moved the price.

£30 in and out 1hr, then out of the blue they had a quote for £25 and wanted me to match it. NO chance.

I don't think a lot of cleaners are suited for commercial anyway. You get some folk who whine over loosing a £15 house, imagine loosing a £150 per month job lmao.

Hmmm, so in order to preserve commercial prices generally, we should all refrain from trying to get new commercial work?  ::)roll

Becci Swan

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2014, 12:47:03 pm »
Hi Ms Swan, I've heard so many good things about you. I don't suppose you cover the Rep of Ireland?

Hi Barryy - yes we could cover Rep of Ireland for you - please get in touch :)
Looking for new commercial or residential customers?
Contact me at becciswan8@gmail.com for targeted marketing campaign services for UK businesses

deeege

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 12:59:44 pm »

Hmmm, so in order to preserve commercial prices generally, we should all refrain from trying to get new commercial work?  ::)roll

There's a difference in gaining new commercial work and purposely beating the last quote to gain commercial work. I do one but won't do the other.

Over the long term it just ends up being a race to the bottom with the customer being the only one to benefit.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dannymack

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »
H20 how you gotta see it, if the cleaning company were doing a great job they prob would have stuck with them but I'm guessing it was a big company who have loads of work and the employees were knocking the care home left right and centre to of which they prob told them and they didn't care. I knocked it down a few quid, not much but I got the contracts and will look after the jobs. I rarely put prices up in years as I'm happy with what I quote for. I know fuel and other things go up but it goes up only little so am not bothered in putting my prices up.

Cheers for all comments.
Ay it's down to Becci for getting me in these jobs 👍👍👍

Window Lickers

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 01:21:39 pm »

Just because someone has under-cut an existing contractor doesnt make them any more vulnerable to being under-cut. We're all vulnerable to it, end of story.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

dannymack

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 01:36:36 pm »
Not God well said !!!' 👍👍👍

8weekly

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »

There's a difference in gaining new commercial work and purposely beating the last quote to gain commercial work. I do one but won't do the other.

Over the long term it just ends up being a race to the bottom with the customer being the only one to benefit.
Except that according to the OP the information on pricing was volunteered and they weren't happy with the existing service. In general I do agree with you, but in that situation I don't see a problem. The threat to H2O isn't from the likes of Danny, it is from the companies paying minimum wage and happy with a small margin over the top.

Remember those two on Dragon's Den? A million turnover, but tiny profit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dragonsden/entrepreneurs/tonyearnshaw.shtml

dannymack

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »
So true 8 weekly 👍

G Griffin

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »
I'm the new 40 (50).

My uncle played for Wigan. Ben Seddon.
Just had a Google. Interesting  :). But I don't remember many from that era.
We had some fun at that old ground. We even knew how to turn the lights for the all weather training pitch on and off. We'd be on playing football 'til 10 night on a football league ground (when it was closed).
I remember one league game, we put our own padlock on a turnstile entrance and just opened it up on match day. I went down to the new ground for a ticket for a Liverpool game and they're asking am I on their database!
FA Cup holders now. Modern football, eh?

Ps. Sed/Seddon? I get it now.
We went to his 60th a couple of years ago at the Sefton Park Palm House. It was great. His son who is a successful solicitor laid on a This is Your Life event with a Sky Sports presenter. He had a top notch non league career as a bruising centre half. Most of his time was at Stafford Rangers though.

We got to a Liverpool match a couple of years ago and saw Suarez. He is the best player I have ever seen. He stood out a mile.

Suarez is fantastic.
What sets him apart from many others is his attitude. You can see he wants to play. He wants to win and he wants to score. That and the fact that he can play a bit makes him so good.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐