This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.C.S

Helppppppppppppppp!!!
« on: March 25, 2006, 08:30:31 pm »
Hi guys just a few questions im jst about to re-order a wfp system ( cancelled last one had new van instead ) but before i do this i really need your help.
Now i hear alot of you have a system at home where you filter all the water before using it well is this easy to do i already have a 1000 litre tank which is brand new so no trounle storing it but how much does this cost to set up and how is is it to work. Im only goin to be using wfp on about 40 3 storey houses and 7 office blocks all the jobs are a good income so i was wondering if i can just buy the water readly to use and if so do any of you no who does this and how much it would cost as for the trolley system im buying one of andrew Mc Cann so all the information i need there he has told me before its just this part with the filter system i no this is a pain in the ass bringing wfp pole up over and over again but i really do need help on this cause i really havent got a clue at all.
Once ive cleared this up then i can get on the blower to andrew and make my order cause i refuse to use ladders in these town houses anymore.

Look forward to all your help guys
thanks in advance

Andy

gaza

Re: Helppppppppppppppp!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:50:49 pm »
RIGHT LETS PUT YOU RIGHT

TAKING EXPANTION IN MIND 200/300 GALLONS PER DAY RO-MAN RO SYSTEM WILL PRODUCE ENOUGH WATER FOR U TO USE ON THESE JOBS + WHEN YOU PICK UUP MORE JOBS YOU WONT HAVE TO REPLACE THE SMALLER RO. ITS CHEAPER TO RUN THAN AN INSTANT DI SYSTEM DEPENDING ON YOUR TDS READING.
I HAVE 3 SYSTEMS FOR DOING MY WATER AND MY SECOND CHOICE IS A RO SYSTEM
BUT ONNLY BECAUSE IVE A ELGA SYSTEM WHIICH WOULD SET YOU BACK £3,000 +

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 08:56:12 pm »
Hi andy.

Its part of the system we supply as standard. Very easy to set up and very cheap to run.

You take water from an outside tap or any other mains supply source. It then goes through to reverse osmosis unit which takes almost all of the solids out. Then into a DI vessel which polishes it off to zero solids then into your water container. Once set up
 (an hour or so) its basically turn your tap on and thats it. There is a self flushing tap that you need to use a couple of times a week on the RO. That is about it. The 100 GPD one will give you more than enough water for your present needs. Should you get to the stage where you need more water you can get 100 GDP upgrade kits.

Glad you got the van sorted mate  :)

Andrew

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 08:57:13 pm »
as you have a 1000 L IBC tank

just get a cheapo 50 or 60 gall per day RO with DI (about 60 odd quid last time i checked)

leave the RO running all the time into the 1000 L IBC tank

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:58:26 pm »
Buy a Merlin ro samll enough to fit under sink,in garage,and can produce enough water in 6 hours to fill a 1000ltr tank
You will still need a resin di for polishing down to 000.A merlin will now only cost you under £300 they were and some still are over $400+

This is the cheapsest way and i have saved over £4,000 in resin over the last 8 months.A 1000 ltr tank will cost you app 0.98p to fill including the watse.

5 days @ 0.98p=£4.90 x 52=£254.00 per year not bad considering how much you can turn over in a year with a full 1000ltr tank every day.

matt

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 08:58:37 pm »
i was typing as andrew was typing

so my message isnt needed as you will have a 100 gall per day

BUT

as andrew doesnt like me to edit my posts, i will leave it, is that ok andrew  ??? ???

S.C.S

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 09:42:18 pm »
Thanks for all your help andrew ill give you a bell very soon to sort this out expect me to ask you a 1000 and 1 questions

Cheers All

Andy

DASERVICES

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 10:24:36 pm »

Hi SCS,

Bit of advise from me if you don't mind ( sorry Andrew. M), I originally used
  a trolley system but found it a bit of a pain changing barrels all the time. I then
  changed to van system which saved a lot of time, however I still used my trolley
  system to do the odd jobs here and there.

You may find some commercial jobs this would be the most beneficial as
  you have to move your van constantly depending on the HSE guy on the
   commercial job. Triping over hoses etc.. then yes trolley is better.

With my system I designed that my trolley system drives my tank system
  so I have the best of two worlds. I sure Andrew's system could do this as well.
  The only additional cost is securing the tank into the van.

Hope this helps.

Doug

stephen.b1

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 01:25:20 am »
what is your tds reading you may not need a reverse osmosis systemthus saving you pounds

JM123

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 05:32:35 pm »
Sorry but what is your water pressure?  100gpd ro unit will only produce that amount of water at 100psi and 15c.  I would doubt your pressure or water temp is that.  Stick with the merlin, you'll have more than you need which is always a good thing if you take on more work. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I