Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Temple cleaning services

pressure washing with surface cleaner problem
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:37:26 am »
Hi, I run a 3600psi machine, and for all my jobs use a turbo nozzle which i find great. Ive also got a northstar surface cleaner (blue1) but i never use it because it just dosent clean properly even keeping it on the same spot on full power and it certainly wont fetch moss or weeds out? you always see these vans or websites with pics of a surface cleaner with a before/after making it look perfect! can any1 explain why?

Blast Away

Re: pressure washing with surface cleaner problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:10:11 am »
Wrong nozzles? Nozzle not lined up properly or at the right angle? Cheap inaffective surface cleaner?

3600psi machine? Now that brings back memories of a chinese snide machine I started with, with a cheap pump.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:11:50 am »
Hi, I run a 3600psi machine, and for all my jobs use a turbo nozzle which i find great. Ive also got a northstar surface cleaner (blue1) but i never use it because it just dosent clean properly even keeping it on the same spot on full power and it certainly wont fetch moss or weeds out? you always see these vans or websites with pics of a surface cleaner with a before/after making it look perfect! can any1 explain why?
it's not all about psi but litres per minute are important aswell! You will need to have exactly the right size jets in the surface cleaner for it to operate properly balanced with the flow of your machine.

Simon@Pristine Pathways

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:00:59 pm »
Wrong nozzles? Nozzle not lined up properly or at the right angle? Cheap inaffective surface cleaner?

3600psi machine? Now that brings back memories of a chinese snide machine I started with, with a cheap pump.

Now look at him, he used to be one of us, now its Falch this Falch that!  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:14 pm »
It's about marketing, if you show a picture of pressure washing using a lance then the potential customer sees it and thinks......." that looks like what I use on my machine"

But show a picture of a big FSC and it looks different, I know a few pressure washers whose leaflet show a big 24inch FSC but they don't even own one and just use a turbo lance
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »
How would youknow if ye were having probs with nozzle alignment? My fsc is ok but feel i dont get the results i wish for. Find myself going back over bits regularly?

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:30:10 pm »
How would youknow if ye were having probs with nozzle alignment? My fsc is ok but feel i dont get the results i wish for. Find myself going back over bits regularly?

Check the jets are lined up properly like this.

We were on a job and I had a guy off here working with us and he didn't like the way his whirl-a-way was running so I had a look at it and his nozzles weren't lined up right. If they don't line up when nipped up, unscrew out again and put more ptfe tape on.

Darranvps

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 05:48:11 am »
Nothing wrong with using a Falch  8)

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:02 am »

We were on a job and I had a guy off here working with us and he didn't like the way his whirl-a-way was running so I had a look at it and his nozzles weren't lined up right. If they don't line up when nipped up, unscrew out again and put more ptfe tape on.

serj shergill

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 03:07:56 pm »
Stick to mosmatic or BE whirlaway's, mosmatic's a bit pricey though.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 06:12:10 pm »

Is that a brand new 12" from the USA?

Blast Away

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:12:27 pm »
Dunno pal, I just googled looking for the underside.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 08:53:59 pm »
Dunno pal, I just googled looking for the underside.

Ok lee thx.
There was a thread on her last week about importing one from America and I ordered one.
I also imported a chapin extreme sprayer from USA and it was on my door in 6 days and £50 cheaper than I could source over here?

Blast Away

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 06:56:05 pm »
I had one of them Chapin sprayer. Was red and looked like a fire extinguisher. Was a good sprayer.

JSMC

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 09:10:16 pm »
when you say lined up properly. How do you get the correct angles on them? is it just trial and error?

JSMC

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 09:56:59 pm »
so what angle should these be offset at?

just had  a look at old northstar fsc i have n nozzles are lechler with 602 stamped on them