This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Re: The Guild has a new owner
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 11:42:29 pm »
Sorry Nathanael for asking this and thanks for the open and honest answers.

What is the end purpose of the Guild?

Is it just for profit or for profit and benefit for members i.e. mutual benefit.

The reason I ask is I think it's best to lay the cards on the table to start with rather than pretend to be one thing, when in fact it's something else.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

capn sparkle

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:30 pm »
Well I've not met either Nat or Lee and I've only been a member of CIU since Dec 13 (couldn't be bothered to check - I'm sure someone else will) seen nothing to so far which 'sets the alarm bells ringing' about either of them.

Nat - websites (only good reports)

Lee - video n face book

I'll invest £25 of me hard earned to see if there is any benefit for my business!

Respect due to those that are willing to assist others with their goals in life.

Regards

Cap'n Sparkle

capn sparkle

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 12:01:07 am »
December 16th 2013 (lucky guess)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:28 am »
Sorry Nathanael for asking this and thanks for the open and honest answers.

What is the end purpose of the Guild?

Is it just for profit or for profit and benefit for members i.e. mutual benefit.

The reason I ask is I think it's best to lay the cards on the table to start with rather than pretend to be one thing, when in fact it's something else.

The Guild was never about profit - we said from the very start that we wanted member fees to be as small as possible and the whole focus of the Guild should be about improving the industry, helping window cleaners to build their businesses and work safer, and generally be a force for good.

The low member fees actually backfired on us a little - all our big ideas when we started up required funding, and we simply couldn't bring anything to fruition on the funds we had, so we just lost momentum.

I think Lee is going to re-invigorate the Guild, and he has some clever plans to make the most of the tiny resources that the Guild currently has.

BTW - I'm transferring the Guild website to a separate hosting package that Lee can take full control of today - so the site may go offline for a few hours during this process,.. sorry!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:10 am »
Lee needs to push it more, as this is the first i have heard about a guild. Been cleaning since 1999/2000

Heard about FWC but never really looked into it.

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 12:11:59 pm »
What will the benefits of it be?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 12:18:30 pm »

Initially, the benefits will be you being a member of "the master guild of window cleaners" using their logos etc on all your documents, van etc has very good benefits- and it works, I can vouch for that! ;) That alone is worth more than the annual fee.

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »

Initially, the benefits will be you being a member of "the master guild of window cleaners" using their logos etc on all your documents, van etc has very good benefits- and it works, I can vouch for that! ;) That alone is worth more than the annual fee.

Fair point. Ta.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

CleanClear

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 01:37:25 pm »
Who audits the accounts?

Perry Tait might come on board and help with that side of things?   ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »

Fair point. Ta.

Plus you are listed on their website- which Nath Jones gave a whole new facelift to just months ago. ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »

That's a very good point.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

mufcglen

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 04:30:10 pm »
Hi guys I've always thought about joining one of these groups so I can have a sticker on the van but would like to hear more about what other benefits there are other than paying £25 for some stickers as that's all I seem to read on forums that you get out of it?
I could make my own stickers and design up and plonk it on the van!, I'd love to join some sort of federation though that has a base of good reliable window cleaners and maybe get monthly newsletter etc with advice on insurance,discounts tips etc?
Will definately be going on the site when I get a mo to read more!

Rogue Trader

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »
I have been thinking of getting some stickers for my vans to liven them up a bit and make me look like i am into something official and i thought of the guild , looked at the site a few weeks back and i could have sworn it said £90 ish, just looked again and it is a blank wordpress site, what do i do to join and how many van stickers do i get for £25?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 09:49:26 pm »
The Guild website is being moved at the moment & I managed to break it - - Paddys day interfered with the repair, but it should be live again tomorrow sometime,..

ascjim

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 04:22:05 pm »
wtf is the guild  ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »

Rogue Trader

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 07:21:37 pm »
it says 50 euros, not £25 why the discrepancy, i have a number of vans will i get stickers for each?

8weekly

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:25 pm »
Should a guild be owned by one member? Seems daft to me.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »
If you are only looking to be associated with something that gets you van stickers you may as well join the federation far more well known and been around for many,many years.
I 'am not knocking the the guild,I think with lee behind it he can take it to good things.

Best of luck with it.

andyM

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:18 am »
I do think the "Guild" could make itself more attractive to members by offering business incentives.
As already mentioned Risk Assessments for those that require it and possibly competitive insurance discounts.
Maybe also a competitive rate for business banking if that can be negotiated.
As a member I would be happy to pay an increased subscription charge for these extra benefits.
I've been a member of the Guild since 2010 and to be honest I've only really kept up my membership because I have the Guild logo on my business cards and website.
Other than that so far im not sure my membership has been beneficial at all.
One of the Plebs