This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

FAO Nat
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:29:58 pm »
Nat, are you on? Cant email you...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Nathanael Jones

Re: FAO Nat
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:06:30 am »
Hi Darren - sorry just saw this thread. Thought the issue was fixed last night & its seems to be back again now,.. on the phone to tech support, will keep you updated!

paul13

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »
Hi Nat, can you check my site.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:38:13 pm »

Hi Paul - my apologies, the hosting company are wrecking my head today.

The server died, and I've been onto them all day trying to get it back - - all my websites were supposed to be physically migrated to another data centre in order to get them back up and running quickly - but out of the 40 odd sites on the old server, only 9 survived the transfer. The hosting company were supposed to be manually transferring the others one by one, but so far nothing has happened & they're getting infuriatingly slow at answering their messages.

Once this huge cock up is fixed I'll be e-mailing everyone with details of how to transfer away from my hosting company if they want,.. and I'll look after the transfers free of charge for anyone who wants to do it.

Again - my deepest apologies to everyone affected - I'm shouting as loud as I can trying to get it sorted asap.

paul13

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:55 pm »
No worries, as long as you know.

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

Hi Paul - my apologies, the hosting company are wrecking my head today.

The server died, and I've been onto them all day trying to get it back - - all my websites were supposed to be physically migrated to another data centre in order to get them back up and running quickly - but out of the 40 odd sites on the old server, only 9 survived the transfer. The hosting company were supposed to be manually transferring the others one by one, but so far nothing has happened & they're getting infuriatingly slow at answering their messages.

Once this huge cock up is fixed I'll be e-mailing everyone with details of how to transfer away from my hosting company if they want,.. and I'll look after the transfers free of charge for anyone who wants to do it.

Again - my deepest apologies to everyone affected - I'm shouting as loud as I can trying to get it sorted asap.

These things happen bud.
Stay on their backs, we'll hope for the best.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 07:20:03 am »
My deepest apologies - It seems my server woes continue, and some sites are STILL down!!

Needless to say this is completely unacceptable and I'm encouraging all my clients who's sites are hosted with me to immediately seek alternative hosting (www.tsohost.com gets consistently good reviews and is very cheap) and I will do all I can to help you transfer your site free of charge.

Again I apologise for the disgraceful amount of downtime these last few days. I've had endless empty promises from my current providers, but no action.

Please contact me via info@avondhu-internet.com for details of how to transfer your site.

Unfortunately I can't name and shame the company just yet,.. but as soon as everyone is safely hosted elsewhere I will unleash the wrath of the internet upon them.  >:(

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 07:26:53 am »
mine all ok nat thanks :D

Mike #1

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 07:27:35 am »
All good Nat i have emailed you login details etc for the switch to Tsohost.com

And i must say they have 24hr email support i emailed them this morning about 3:30am and they got back in touch within 10 minutes and they are UK based and have an support line open from 9am till midnight .

Hopefully things will get sorted with current company and the switch can take place asap , Not your fault mate hope today is a better day for you . Mike

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 11:47:36 am »
Nat.
Change me over please.
I would email you...but I can't.
Can you see if this server is easier to host IMAP on Mac please?

Keep me posted on this thread if possible please.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 12:22:20 pm »
Thanks for your patience guys, I really appreciate this!

I've got new hosting in place & ready to go at the moment with tsohost.com (very helpful guys, UK based, and with the servers in the same building as the guys you talk to on the phone) and I'm beginning to transfer everyone I can - - unfortunately I'm still waiting for the old hosting company to provide the backup files to transfer the accounts which are currently offline,.. I've been onto tech support since 6:30 this morning & hope to have progress to report soon.

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 12:32:26 pm »
That's gonna be a long wait innit?
If they know you're only waiting to jump ship...
Assume they've got you by the short & curleys there. You can't do anything without them giving you these files?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:26 pm »
I've not told them I'm transferring,.. I'd go straight to the bottom of their list if I did!

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 05:54:18 pm »
Fair enough.
Still no news?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 06:02:43 pm »
Nope - their phone system has been switched off all day to day and I'm getting copy & paste "Please be patient" answers to my support tickets all day. I'm absolutely fuming,..

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
Sorry guys, I was hoping to have happier news by now but this is the latest update I've gotten - it still doesn't give an ETA on the affected sites, but its more words than i've gotten out of them in days:

"We have data centre issues with our old data centre causing a lot of email issues and server downtime. We can't allow this to happen and it has also been causing problems for many clients and is why we took the decision to move all our servers to a new data centre.

As you can imagine this is not the easiest thing in the world and we don't just have a few accounts to move. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need any further assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further."

So it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel - but still no estimation of how far away that light is. :'(

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:00 pm »
Sorry guys, I was hoping to have happier news by now but this is the latest update I've gotten - it still doesn't give an ETA on the affected sites, but its more words than i've gotten out of them in days:

"We have data centre issues with our old data centre causing a lot of email issues and server downtime. We can't allow this to happen and it has also been causing problems for many clients and is why we took the decision to move all our servers to a new data centre.

As you can imagine this is not the easiest thing in the world and we don't just have a few accounts to move. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need any further assistance, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further."

So it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel - but still no estimation of how far away that light is. :'(

Mate, the is way past being your fault. It seems your data centre has done the dirty here. If they knew they were moving and this would cause disruption, they should have contacted their clients and informed them. This is a much better way than waiting for the phone calls to come flying in and then switch off the phones. Very poor customer service to you as a supplier that is. No wonder you're hopping! Hope this gets sorted for ALL involved. It's infuriating.

My websites are still playing up chronic, but we are in the progress now of a complete re-vamp and different system. Switching from Joomla. Seems to have a few issues that are not that easy to fix... ???

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 10:33:56 pm »
I will be naming and shaming as soon as i have my data back - it is absolutely disgraceful the way this company is treating its customers.

Joomla isn't my favourite by a long shot Steve, I prefer wordpress - but I've never heard of anyone having issues serious enough that the moved away from it!

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »
I will be naming and shaming as soon as i have my data back - it is absolutely disgraceful the way this company is treating its customers.

Joomla isn't my favourite by a long shot Steve, I prefer wordpress - but I've never heard of anyone having issues serious enough that the moved away from it!
Somehow this dude from Russia keeps getting in the back door. We've changed passwords, installed backups, deleted code, wiped viruses, updated the software and still he's getting in!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:19 am »
Feckin hackers!

Chances are he's hacked root access to the server - changing hosting providers might be a quick fix,...

Now, back to my ball of stress,... overnight I got this message back from my soon to be ex hosting providers:

"This is taking time due to amount of accounts needing migrating.

Old server data centre keeps experiences issues and outages we cannot allow to continue which is why we are in the middle of a migration.

We are hoping this to be resolved by the weekend. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. We want our customers sites up as much as you do but when a data centre our servers are in is failing we have to act fast in order to our customers sites. With this in mind a transfer of such as big scale will take time.

I will update you once the rest of the the accounts have been migrated over. Hopefully this should be to long now."