This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Thousandth customer
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:48 pm »
How many leaflets have you put out this month to get 55 jobs mate. So glad it all worked out for you

But remember, leaflets don't work, so please don't try this at home.

Vin

So, roughly 1 in 400 then?  Sounds thereabouts.  I've had better and worse hit rates than that but only ever measured it over smaller samples.  I've delivered a thousand before and got as many as 10.  Another time I've had nada.  I don't do big drops as I tend to do it all myself and finding time and energy can be tricky.  I prefer it that way because I can select which places to leave.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 05:36:38 pm »
Three more since I posted earlier so now nearer 1 in 350.  Doesn't sound a lot less but it's much better.

The thing about response rates is that it's in the nature of statistics that you need big samples to infer useful data.  At those volumes you're getting closer to being able to believe the data.   Remember though, that it's our leaflet in our area, so anyone reading this shouldn't base any decisions on it.

Our response rate in the summer is much, much higher, which you'd expect.

Vin

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 06:31:39 pm »
Mick, if you are looking for stats on leafleting, I started my 2014 'round building' on January 7th 2014. Delivered so far 3000 (give or take a few hundered) leaflets. All personally delivered AND personalised to specific estates and areas that we already work in, all delivered at 'peak' viewing times on the 'best' days to deliver. To date we have 76 new domestic customers to be cleaned every 4 weeks.
I would say it has taken me in total 24 hours to deliver these so a rate of just over 3 an hour has been achieved, this will change as I do expect to gain a few more off these leaflets as the weather turns.

Like your plans Vin, not bad this window cleaning game.   

johnwillan

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »
That's a very impressive return David, is that normal?

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 08:09:46 am »
Very normal, better in fact are the results when the weather turns. Its all about branding, timing, frequencey of leaflet delivery and of course whether or not you can be bothered to put the effort in. Most just have a load of leaflets printed and have them delivered in a blanket drop.

johnwillan

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 09:16:51 am »
Yep that'd be me! Interested to hear your views on frequency on time, I notice a previous post suggests early afternoon & Sunday mornings after 10, followed up weekly, anything more to add?

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 10:52:08 am »
sorry JOHN, lol terrible with names.

johnwillan

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 11:54:58 am »
Any chance of discussing your leafleting techniques further? My email is johnwillan@me.com

Perfect Windows

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2014, 11:34:25 am »
Just bunged on the 1,500th customer.

Bit slower than we would have wanted but I do tend to forget the number of one-clean and three-clean wonders we get through.  One-clean wonders are self-explanatory but three-clean wonders are different.  I think they just book us thinking they'll last forever as a customer.  Then, three cleans later they have clean windows, they suddenly realise that they're going to be paying us forever and so they cancel.  So, we've booked far more than 500 customers since February; this increase is just the ones who have stuck.

It used to bother me but now I just see it as a self-culling mechanism that helps to get rounds to their core of great customers...

Onwards and upwards!

Vin

Ian101

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2014, 11:42:57 am »
excellent mate !!

leaflets don't work you know  :)

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:18 pm »
Hi, thats pretty impressive with flyers. Do you go over the same area more than once over the year?