This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave

Trying to find good insurance cover?
« on: September 16, 2003, 07:47:28 pm »
Hello,

I'm searching through the insurance brokers to find Public Liability & Employees liability insurance.

As I understand, if only me and my wife clean we only require public liability insurance ( prices quoted to us £120 - £160) Is this good or bad??? £250 excess??

Employees liability cover upto £1 million, based on how many employees we employ on a part-time basis (prices vary). Insurance companies will offer a temporary emplyees liability at £60.00

* Can anyone recommend an insurer for me to conact

Regards Dave

Derek

Re: Trying to find good insurance cover?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 09:07:20 pm »
Hi

Insurance companys have taken a battering recently and many are not taking new business for some sectors of the cleaning industry.
£1 million seems rather light and some industrial customers are looking for at least £2 million cover.

Try McGregor Lloyd Ltd.
Tel: 0121 7060616

Regards
Derek  

Re: Trying to find good insurance cover? New
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 10:37:54 pm »
Hi Dave.

I think this is a good price. I have been quoted nearly £4000 p.a. from a broker. I finaly settled with a quote from my bank as an existing customer of £380 p.a.
You can't justify the difference. Imagin if we varied our prices like they do! What kind of name would our industry have?

Good Luck

Gary Mansfield
The Waterless Car Cleaning Company Ltd.