This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: New van on payments or old van for cash
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 12:11:08 am »
http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/peugeot/expert/2013-peugeot-expert-van-2-0-hdi-130-l1-h1-atv-panel-van-2-70t-diesel-newbury-vfpa-8aa09e62438fab910143a49df2542dc9/makemodel/make/peugeot/model/expert/registrationyear/2013/max

summit like this works out over 5 years hp at £9 a day over 20 days a month ........ easy just stop going to maccys for lunch every day  ;D
Why would anybody want to pay interest over 5 years tho? anyone taking a loan should try to pay it off as quickly as possible

Mike #1

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 05:17:18 am »
The thing is if you decided to take out a loan on a van or truck you get to offset the loan amount as capital expenditure and the interest on the loan can also be claimed back as a business expense each year  .

That is what my accountant has done and is doing for me  ;D ;D . Mike

robertphil

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 10:59:24 am »
iv always bought old vans and i mean old.  iv had 3 berlingos since i started up and  my current crewvan  Berlingo is the newest iv had at 10 yrs old.     none of them have owed me anything altho its handy i was a car mechanic in a previous life so easy to keep em running. if i had no know-how  i would have been ripped off bigtime by local garages i know that for sure .

i was thinking of buying a berlingo crewvan brand new last year  and looked closely at one but it was too small inside than what i already have now

likely my next step will be an Expert crewvan 6 seater

Klean07

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 11:07:47 am »
Spent £2200 on a 2005 hi roof lwb transit connect, it runs and sounds like new, you will always save money on 2nd hand vans providing you put time and effort into finding one that's been cared for.

Graham
Plus 1
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Simon Mess

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »
No point whatsoever in buying a new van unless you plan to run it into the ground, to much of a loss on depreciation if you plan to change every 3 years or so. Also, despite what some on here clearly think, you certainly are not immune to the possibility of having problems with a new van, indeed, it is quite likely you could end up having more issues, even if they are just niggly little problems. And while a warranty may seem to offer some peace of mind, at the end of the day, if your van is off the road being fixed, it is going to p**s you off just as much with a new van as it would with a 2nd hand one. You can buy warranties for used vans just as easily as used cars these days (assuming it didnt come with one, as more reputable dealers will give you up to a years warranty), so that, along with membership to a breakdown company should give you peace of mind.

robertphil

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 02:26:24 pm »
if you look around theres always somebod who hires out old vans on long term rental , comes with breakdown cover

another idea to keep up your sleeve . 

Ian101

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »
Surely if your ready to put another van on the road, you would be making more than enough profits to buy a new van, cash or on finance. If not maybe you should look at your work first. If it were me, I would buy a van no more than 3 years old, and put it on finance so you don't empty your bank accounts and spend the money on advertising

fair comment but £500 a month (if financed 2 vans) v zero seems better except old vans break down plus long term really working hard to have a lot more than 2 on road  :)

Ian101

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 08:17:02 pm »
http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/peugeot/expert/2013-peugeot-expert-van-2-0-hdi-130-l1-h1-atv-panel-van-2-70t-diesel-newbury-vfpa-8aa09e62438fab910143a49df2542dc9/makemodel/make/peugeot/model/expert/registrationyear/2013/max

summit like this works out over 5 years hp at £9 a day over 20 days a month ........ easy just stop going to maccys for lunch every day  ;D
Why would anybody want to pay interest over 5 years tho? anyone taking a loan should try to pay it off as quickly as possible

yup great comment but so long as interest is low then longer the better plus tax allowable as an expense

Ian101

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »
if you look around theres always somebod who hires out old vans on long term rental , comes with breakdown cover

another idea to keep up your sleeve . 

could be good stop gap .......... cheers for that idea

Ian101

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 08:18:45 pm »
My new van is 3 years old. 47000 miles but is in prestine condition.

I toyed with the idea of a new van straight from the dealer, but these were like £11000

This one was £6500 with a free steal bulkhead  ;)

very nice .......... was thinking of one of these but want 3 seater

windiewasher

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2014, 08:28:38 pm »
Theres mine
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

windiewasher

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2014, 08:31:04 pm »
Lwb are massive on the back.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

matty72

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »
Ian if i was in your position, get a van a year or two old in good condition, put couple of thousand in cash and the rest on a transfer credit card over 18 months, small fee to pay but interest free, set up direct debit payments to pay it off though.