This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deb1234

End Of Tenancy Cleans
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:58:42 pm »
I carry out End Of Tenancy cleans, but I'd like to know how long it takes others to clean a house, without an oven clean.

With that in mind, how long does it take you to do a:-
2 Bed House
3 Bed House
4 Bed House

Thanks for your help.

Griffus

Re: End Of Tenancy Cleans
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »
How long does it take you?

Deb1234

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 07:01:17 pm »
How long does it take you?

Well that's the thing, I am not sure if I am 'over' cleaning.  Looking at some of the info on here.  It takes me about 3hrs to do a 2bed, and about 4hrs to do a 4bed (given that there's usually 2 washrooms & a small wc).  Does this sound about right?

dustee

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:15 pm »
if your on your own then that's seems about right

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 11:28:41 pm »
Surely it all depends on the degree of soiling, if they were students you are lucky to get the kitchen clean in 2 hours. If you work to a standard checklist  and have viewed the property then you may be able to estimate the time. I would take about those times to clean the carpets alone before you start on the rest

Deb1234

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 05:55:24 pm »
Surely it all depends on the degree of soiling, if they were students you are lucky to get the kitchen clean in 2 hours. If you work to a standard checklist  and have viewed the property then you may be able to estimate the time. I would take about those times to clean the carpets alone before you start on the rest

Thanks for your help.  I don't do the carpets, it's just cleaning (& oven if needed) :-)

Anna Warren

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »
Hello!
How much to charge for a standard 2,3bed?
It had always taken me longer then three hours, five , six more likely.

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:28 pm »
Again it all depends on the state of it but I don't think you are far off. I estimate the time and charge @ £12.50 / hour - if they don't like my price there are plenty of immigrants only too willing to do it to supplement their benefits

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 07:26:59 pm »
Hey BDCS

Is that with paying staff to do the cleaning?

I am in the process of setting up this side of the business too but I want to have staff doing the actual clean. I'm busy enough with carpets and upholstery.

Is it possible to have self employed staff?

The thing is I wont be able to guarantee them a set amount of hours at the beginning. Till I have enough work. Pay I pay them even when there is nowt on?  :-\ The answer is obvious (unless they are self employed) but would like your advice.

cheers
tony

BDCS

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:50 pm »
The cleaning lady cleans our house and communal jobs amongst several others (her work) and she is self employed, she supplies her own "normal gear". She is pleased when we find her extra hours but if she can't do them or needs some help then I send the missus and I may send myself kicking and moaning. I do the carpets and then look to slide away quietly  ;) I don't advertise this work its just word of mouth for existing customers

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 08:50:51 pm »
ah I see. That's the ideal situation for you then.

Neil Jones

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:39:10 pm »
Carpet Dawg ring  me tomo if you want, I've got 6 who do cleaning for me. Nothing major but if you want to know anything then give me a shout.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 11:11:16 pm »
Cheers Neil. I'll take you up on your offer. Probably call you Wednesday or Thursday if that's ok.

Neil Jones

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 08:44:20 am »
Fine mate, Thur afternoon better

Big dee

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »
Again it all depends on the state of it but I don't think you are far off. I estimate the time and charge @ £12.50 / hour - if they don't like my price there are plenty of immigrants only too willing to do it to supplement their benefits

This Daily Mail bile, really gets me. I'm the son of immigrants, and I can remember your grand parents coming out with similar racist comments.
Most of the immigrants have come here to work and do so very well. The reason that they're here is that so many lazy British would sooner stay in bed than do a days work. I've employed these guys in the past and they normally do the work of 2 British workers, turn up on time and don't spend half the day smoking and drinking instant coffee, while complaining.

BDCS

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 08:33:58 pm »
Each to their own - will the moderators remove your post for being racist against us poor hard working Brits. Immigrant pulls the race card - whats new

Big dee

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 09:49:45 pm »
Get with the program "I'm the son of immigrants." I am British (born and bred)I therefore believe I'm allowed to speak about my own nationality without it being classed as racist. The same as Nick Clegg, Ed Miliband and Attila the Hun, select whichever you feel reflects your views.

BDCS

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 10:45:49 am »
Ah I've got it - your a Brit that sits around drinking instant coffee complaining ? Or are you happy to be undercut by immigrants who don't choose to play by the rules ?

pristineclean

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 12:56:52 pm »
Such an emotive issue, immigration. The last research conducted by the DWP analysing the percentage of immigrants who claim benefits put it at around 6% (300 000ish), that figure to include everyone in the UK who receives some form of benefit. And that's a cumulative figure which includes people who came here in the 1970s and who have since become British citizens.

Radio 4 had an 'ask the expert' last week who was asked to reconcile the twin claims of one minister who stated that immigrants are worth about £70bn to our economy against an opponent  who claimed that they cost the country money. Fairly involved answer he gave but the take home opinion was that there are no credible arguments to be made which would support the statement that immigration is a cost to the UK and that the net worth stated was about 10 times more than reality.

All that said, if you live in any part of the UK where dependent immigrants are disproportionately represented, it's no consolation to know that the country as a whole benefits. Easy for people like me who live in areas where the primary schools don't have any children who don't know English and where council service budgets aren't stretched by the need to employ interpreters for residents. I absolutely don't condone racism or bigotry but I won't pretend that I don't understand why there are sections of the community who are resentful.

BDCS

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 06:47:32 pm »
I have my views and I think you may be able to guess what they are. Immigration is only a small issue and obviously being in Dover we get a fair amount  - I resent them if they go in uninsured, below the minimum wage and swerve the regulations. Many come here and work - with a right but they don't have to pay a mortgage and send money home which is no benefit to the UK. They run round on foreign plates and run off when they smash your car.

The underlying issue is the system which is pushed by the doo gooders - The benefits system does not encourage "those lazy British workers" into work, the gap between benefits and work must be widened, Chris and his mates should not be able to afford special brew, a tv, a car, and certainly not fAgs.

The British government will pay benefits into any EEC bank account and there are couches turn up to sign on - from the docks and get back on the coach to go home.

The day we get a government who will deal with the underlying issues rather than just fiddling expenses - they need to ruffle a few feathers and create a system where true Brits find it better to work than claim and employers don't find it cheaper to employ your favoured migrants then we may all be better off.

If the EEc is equal then why do the smokies risk their life to get into the UK from France.

Accuse me of being a racist if you must but I just want a level playing field in business