This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kenstar

another question from me !
« on: March 19, 2006, 03:01:32 pm »
sorry for being a nuisance but i have a lot of questions , what size ladder would you recommed for gutters and cleaning soffits and facias and windows themselves - double or triple or two seperate ladders altogether , do people still use a bit of washing up liquid in a bottle or has something better came along ?, going canvassing monday plus flyers , i cannot fail as i am not allowed to (the missus) HELP!

regards kenny

cov

west mids

mobile 07810317812

Richy L

Re: another question from me !
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:13:12 pm »
If i was you i wouldnt bother with flyers at all. only 1% are affective apperently, and i have found that is optisistic!

kenstar

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 03:17:18 pm »
thanks for your reply so it looks like door knocking is favourite then thanks again

regards

ken

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 03:20:34 pm »
At the moment i am still cleaning trad, and i use double ladders that have 15 rungs on them each. I find these can easily get to the gutters of any house. ive never actually meassured them, so im not sure how long they are.

AdamSouth

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 04:52:47 pm »
i used a 3.5meter ladder and it works fine for me but if you wanted a bit of extra high a 4m ain't that much heavier. both are doubles but i did read on here some one had a triple 3.5 and only carried 2 sections of it which sound like a good idea cos then you have the extra hight if you need it.

i still use good old fairy, its cheap and it does the job but there is loads of new liquid around, try them and see what you like but for starts use fairy

i've just startedmy own round after 18months of working for someone else and all though i'd say i'm ok at cleaning windows i can't canvass to save my life. i've been leafleting and its been getting me abit of work.
Giving you a better view

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 05:25:10 pm »
If you're looking to invest in a ladder, i'd suggest getting an 'A' Frame one from Midland Ladders. I think their web addy is www.midlandladders.co.uk They were the cheapest suppliers of ladders when i was looking. Got myself a 13 rung double. It's over 20 foot extended and i clean gutters and windows with it no problem.

Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

valroyb

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 06:30:12 pm »
dont forget youwill need a ladder stand off it maks life alot easier

marc al

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 06:43:13 pm »
  you won't needa stand off with an a frame, but will make gutters easier with open tops.

Try Morning Fresh washing up liquid, it gives more slip than fairy.

Marc

Mike George

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 05:55:45 pm »
If i was you i wouldnt bother with flyers at all. only 1% are affective apperently, and i have found that is optisistic!

I get a pretty consistent 3% with mine, although I did try a small patch in Cov with no takers!

Good luck Kenny.
Don't recognise people?
Mike's face blindness blog

Jago

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 07:05:30 pm »
I Did door knocking and have spent about five hours and got 50 customers so I prefer that. Remember to look Smart.

Also Walk away if they try to get you into a bidding War

Plenty of Windows and the other WC can go whistle as you can inform him you never stole any.

Good luck.

What area you In?
To Do Is To Dare