This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: Working today
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »
get a life! ;)
Why?
One of the good things about this job is working when you want. So if you want to work, work.
If you don't, don't.
Or is it a Sunday roast and then snoozing in front of The Love Boat and Bullseye for you, Ben?
Times have changed.
why? because i have kids and a wife!
i like to spend the sunday with my family and not disturbing any customers!

i imagine people would find you disturbing no matter which day of
the week it was ;)
do you think you are funny?

Do i think im funny?,do you need a sense of humor? or just some kind
of sense at all.....questions questions questions. :)
was joking Gary ;) actually my female customers love me. why? because i am good looking man with a sexy French accent  :) what about you?

gary999

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »
im secure enough in myself to leave judements like that to others
what about you?

Oh! obviously not! ;)

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 01:52:06 pm »
get a life! ;)
Why?
One of the good things about this job is working when you want. So if you want to work, work.
If you don't, don't.
Or is it a Sunday roast and then snoozing in front of The Love Boat and Bullseye for you, Ben?
Times have changed.
why? because i have kids and a wife!
i like to spend the sunday with my family and not disturbing any customers!

i imagine people would find you disturbing no matter which day of
the week it was ;)
LMFAO. Funniest post of the year to date! Quality.
it doesn't take much to amuse you!  ;)
Ah well, your turn to be amused now. I turned up at my one job and my hoses were all frozen.  :-[

Caught out by the sudden temperature drop.

Johnny B

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »
I worked yesterday afternoon, picked up 3 new ones but only had time to do 2 of them. They are 2 minutes up the road from me, so I arranged to do the third one today. As it turned out, it was raining heavily, so I've rearranged it for Tuesday. Customer was happy either way.

With the weather being the way it has been, I for one need to be flexible and work whenever it is possible. If that means working on a Sunday, and the customer has agreed to it, then so be it.

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »
I may work a Saturday morning when busy,but I have never worked a sunday and wont dream of do it,

that's me,but people want to work then fair enough

reason I run my business is that I don't work weekends

for me weekends are spent doing what I love, ;) ;) ;)

I admit it would be easier to work weekends than some of the thing I do on weekends but hey life is about having fun ;D

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 05:01:33 pm »
I charge double time for Sunday so makes it worthwhile.

Just did 3 hours,keeps me of the streets ;)

Johnny B

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 05:33:25 pm »

Sounds great, but how does that work with your customers? Do you have customers that you only do on a Sunday, or do you have others who know you will charge them double?

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Klean07

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 06:26:25 pm »
is that what they call the hawthorns these days! ;D
The Molineux obviously! The Hawthorns is called Tesco!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

johnny bravo

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 06:32:03 pm »
get the gloves out. ;D

ants

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 06:51:15 pm »
I did 2 farm houses today the only chance to fit them in really.then took my dog for a nice long walk whilst out in the country.
I worked all day yesterday as well.
Get em done while the weathers good ;)

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 07:02:41 pm »

Sounds great, but how does that work with your customers? Do you have customers that you only do on a Sunday, or do you have others who know you will charge them double?

John

Just threaten to charge double all the time if they dont cough up ;)

Simon Mess

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
get a life! ;)

I DO have a life, but i DID work last Sunday. After having been off since 21/12, i felt i had to, given the nice weather and how behind i was by then. I don't LIKE working on a Sunday (or a Saturday for that matter), but needs must. Oh, and i had plenty of time to spend with my family during the (weather enforced) 2 weeks i was off. Also, in my experience, with regards to customers, nobody minds my turning up on a Sunday. 

So if you are in the position of not having to, or choosing not to work on a Sunday, or the weekend in general, good for you. But don't have a go at, or slag off those who choose to work when they can or feel they have to.

ben M

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 09:59:33 pm »
get a life! ;)

I DO have a life, but i DID work last Sunday. After having been off since 21/12, i felt i had to, given the nice weather and how behind i was by then. I don't LIKE working on a Sunday (or a Saturday for that matter), but needs must. Oh, and i had plenty of time to spend with my family during the (weather enforced) 2 weeks i was off. Also, in my experience, with regards to customers, nobody minds my turning up on a Sunday. 

So if you are in the position of not having to, or choosing not to work on a Sunday, or the weekend in general, good for you. But don't have a go at, or slag off those who choose to work when they can or feel they have to.
get a sense of humour too  ;)

8weekly

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
get a life! ;)

get a sense of humour too  ;)
And a waterproof.  ;D