This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Re: battling the weather
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 10:31:45 pm »
Monday looks to be very bad in north Wales but as van in garage tomorrow for clutch pedal repair it wont effect me but no sitting on bum all day as will be canvassing deeside industrial estate instead for commercial work that can be done in this kinda weather .

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=deeside+industrial+estate&ll=53.228286,-3.025103&spn=0.026615,0.084028&hq=deeside+industrial+estate&t=m&z=14

think it may take me more than 1 day though  :P

trippyboy

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 10:34:52 pm »
Im bang up to date with my work,just brought some forward by a few days on George for this week

Mike #1

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 07:35:45 am »
Currently in a cottage high on Birker Fell in Lake District nice and cosy next to wood burning stove .

Going home today though and will crack on tomorrow and hopefully get caught up about 3 days behind at the moment.  Mike

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 11:00:50 am »
Now on the third heavy/torrential downpour this morning with strong winds. Looks like it's going to be another day written off. 

:-[
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 12:36:41 pm »
I'm half way through a block of flats and it's torrential  rain with strong winds! the old dears don't mind tho.even got a few more tips! ;D.

Waiting it out in the van at the moment though >:(
price higher/work harder!

gary999

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 01:32:23 pm »
lovely day round here...almost seems a shame not to be working ;D

Carl2009

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 01:39:54 pm »
Storm force winds here and intermittent heavy rain. I've been out this morning and have done a few, but I've 3 more to do and I don't think they are going to get done, especially as one is a large detached rural property.

I'm sick of this now. I was £520 down on what I should have taken in December, and January is panning out similar.  >:(

ben M

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 01:46:26 pm »
Now on the third heavy/torrential downpour this morning with strong winds. Looks like it's going to be another day written off. 

me too, another day lost, nearly a week behind now  :'(

Johnny B

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 01:51:40 pm »
Was blowing a gale earlier and that's interspersed with heavy showers and sunshine here. I've done a couple of small jobs this morning, and have an hour's work at a school this afternoon. There's no chance of doing any ladder work today, so, other than that, I've sacked the day off.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Positivity

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 02:00:49 pm »
Storm force winds here and intermittent heavy rain. I've been out this morning and have done a few, but I've 3 more to do and I don't think they are going to get done, especially as one is a large detached rural property.

I'm sick of this now. I was £520 down on what I should have taken in December, and January is panning out similar.  >:(
Hi Carl
I seem to recall you were quite against working in the rain because of customer service concerns.
I don't like working in bad weather either for the same reasons - hence at home - blown back home!!!!!
Are you re-considering??
P.

paul ette

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »
actually not too bad here managed too clear a bit up, looking grim now tho

Carl2009

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 02:22:25 pm »
Hi Carl
I seem to recall you were quite against working in the rain because of customer service concerns.
I don't like working in bad weather either for the same reasons - hence at home - blown back home!!!!!
Are you re-considering??
P.

Yep, I am generally against working in heavy rain, but luckily today i've been able to do ones where I know the results will be OK (they are not on a main road) and where the custies are out - I'm fairly sure I won't get any comebacks. I'm sat at home now waiting for a break in the weather to do those last 2 and it does look like I might be able to get out in a few mins. Day to day I'm going to continue vetoing heavy rain days. Been hard hasn't it  ::)roll

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 03:03:40 pm »
been out since 6.30 am finished at 2.30 pm,weathers great gale force winds and heavy rain most of day here

Fin Clearview

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 09:10:08 pm »

I made it out today mate, although had to duck 2 stormy showers it didn't turn out bad from 11ish. Haven't seen tomorrow's yet?