This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

Re: wfp tips or tricks for beginner
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 09:44:15 am »
what is your advice to clean this window? you can't avoid the middle frame,between the 2 glasses!

http://www.windowsmidlands.co.uk/images/windows/large/de-rosa_glass_house_windows_2.jpg

ben M

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 09:46:55 am »
We always warn customers about spotting and streaks. We want all our customers to be 100% happy every time. If it means we need to go back to some we might have got away with then that is OK, so long an our quality remains high and the customer remains happy.

When we did the switch from trad it was VERY hard going. Once we had done the whole round and got back to where we started it wad like night and day.
what do you mean by ''was like night and day''?

Soupy

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 09:49:39 am »
It went from being very hard going to a breeze. The windows were all still pretty much clean so they were far easier to do.

SeanK

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 09:52:33 am »
what is your advice to clean this window? you can't avoid the middle frame,between the 2 glasses!

http://www.windowsmidlands.co.uk/images/windows/large/de-rosa_glass_house_windows_2.jpg

I do a few like that, the middle frame wont cause any problems with spotting.The only thing
you need to watch out for is water leaking into the property if the seal is dodgy.

tom20001

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 10:45:12 am »
if your changing over from trad then just wfp the top windows or you ll be there all day.

Why just the tops daz?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 10:49:49 am »

Never have an issue with these just a quick scrub and its fine :D

tom20001

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 01:57:35 pm »
Been practicing again today and it seems my my problems are coming from drips down the window after I have finished it

Today I just avoided to inch of glass and the finish is perfect

Thanks for help lads

Roy Harding

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »
Alrite lads

Input much appreciated here on same as topic title

IVe been practicing over last few days but results good but not great  :)

Ive looked at youtube videos so just looking for ur words of wisdom

Getting wee bit of spotting on odd window other than that quality decent!

And yes output tds at  pole is 000ppm

Thanks in advance

Put a small drop of Fairy on the brush, and soap up the window, all dirt gets absorbed in to the foam and is easy to rinse away.

Do this on all first cleans or spray the brush with a bit of neat virosol.

Only have to do this once.

Roy

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 02:24:45 pm »

Easy Ben mate...

I do all frames first, then the top window then back to the bottom parts. Providing the middle section frame is mint it'll be fine

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »
Small tub of vaseline.

Works wonders on rectus 26 pro fittings and Hoselock fittings when they get stiff, Oh and chapped lips

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »
I always advise having a bucket of pure water with some GG3 window cleaning liquid in it.  Before starting dip the brush head in the bucket - this will give enough detergent on the job to dissolve all the dirt and then the flow of pure water will rinse away all the detergent and dirt.

With 'picky' customers it can be worthwhile to do this every time - they get to see some 'soap' on the glass and think it gives them a better clean ;)

James Bulton

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 07:54:24 pm »
If you have spotting on the glass then there is still dirt on the frame so rinse the frames a bit longer till water rinses clean practice make perfect, its really experience and that is something you will need to learn with time.

mufcglen

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:26 pm »
What do you mean by spotting guys, is it when the water left on the windows drys and I presume spots?
And if you use any sort of soap or cleaner in the brush head aren't you contaminating it and waste of time using pure water?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 09:38:32 pm »
What do you mean by spotting guys, is it when the water left on the windows drys and I presume spots?
And if you use any sort of soap or cleaner in the brush head aren't you contaminating it and waste of time using pure water?

Forget the soap IMO, its a waste of time, as in more hassle than what its worth.

Just get those frames super clean, give the glass a good going over, rinse well and you cant really have many problems.

(when rinsing, make sure you leave a inch or so gap from the top frame... this will stop any dirty drips)

mufcglen

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »
Do u guys take the brush away from the glass after you've scrubbed and then just point the jets at the glass to wash it down in a stream?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 09:51:47 pm »
Do u guys take the brush away from the glass after you've scrubbed and then just point the jets at the glass to wash it down in a stream?

Yes.

I go across the top (leaving a gap) twice, then zig zag down the glass about a foot away from the glass.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 10:03:22 pm »

Never have an issue with these just a quick scrub and its fine :D
+1 never have issues with these....most upvc windows come up good first time I find... wooden frames can sometimes cause problems but not too often it's the aluminium framed ones I find to be by far the worst for milky runs and spotting!