This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew wakeman

Bike window cleaning
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:16 am »
Im thinking of setting up a window cleaning round using a bicycle and a bigish trailer would this be ok to do? Any pitfalls? Yes i understand it limits my growth but i can afford to drive

pete albion

Re: Bike window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:00:38 pm »
Yes just do it!
I drive but I also like to do days on the bike, I use a cargo bike and can get a 6' A ladder and pole along the side, a bucket and a box for scrims on the front rack and on the odd day if I'm only doing a few pure water jobs i use a trailer with a big boy back pack and about 30ltr of water on it! But 99% of my work is shop fronts, not sure it would work doing house's or at lest it would be hard work.
I get lots of people stop and ask me about the bike and my customers seem to like it but than I work in trendy Brighton where anything goes!
PS
If your gonna do it don't use a mountain type bike. In my mind it might look like your a fly by night doing it for a bit of beer money.
Get yourself a proper work bike ( cargo bike ) the sort they use in Holland or Copenhagen, like this.

Mick Kent

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »
This guy went the whole way and went wfp and trad from a pushbike!.

Mick Kent

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:05:21 pm »
This guy went the whole way and went wfp and trad from a pushbike!.