This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Shepherd

How long does resin last
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:44:11 pm »
I have a van mounted system with RO filter and small resin vessel.

A fellow windie is looking at going WFP and was asking me today if he used only resin to purify how long would it last.

Simon@ Clearview contractors

Re: How long does resin last
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »
All depends on their TDS Rich...if it's low it lasts a while, if its high forget about it ;)

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:51:04 pm »
ive got a tds of 75ppm in my area and im planning on running two 11 litre di's, producing no more than 200 litres max while i grow into wfp, any ball park figures on this?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:52:00 pm »
If it takes one man a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples are there in a barrel of grapes?

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »
Cheers Simon,

Do you know if it's possible to connect resin vessel direct to tap, he has half a dozen 25ltr tubs which he intends to use with a trolley as he has no space at home for a static tank.

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »
Do you have a tds metre just to check his tds?
You can connect D.I to tap, but if its over 80ish get an r.o...
If hes gor no space for a static tank, get a 40/40...?

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »
If it takes one man a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples are there in a barrel of grapes?

Lol.

That made me chuckle. ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »
Cheers Simon,

Do you know if it's possible to connect resin vessel direct to tap, he has half a dozen 25ltr tubs which he intends to use with a trolley as he has no space at home for a static tank.

Lets just say tds is 60ppm and he fills 10 containers a day 4 days a week from tap to 11ltr di vessel as fast as water flows from tap full on .

The resin in vessel will be spent in about 3- 4 weeks if lucky he will spend a fortune on resin .

The key to making resin last is to use with tap water tds less than 70ppm and a sliw flow rate of water whilst making pure water.

Does he not have space for a 300ltr water butt , Thats what i have used for almost 6 years. Mike

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:44:22 pm »
What about if once you've used one di untill it starts creeping up then put a second di after the old one so the water going in that is there abouts and the second one would last way longer wouldn't it??

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 06:52:16 am »
Using the double di method way better than single di but a slow flow of water is very important as well .

How long is he willing to stand out in the cold filling containers , I take it he is working out of a car as he will only be using 6 containers and possibly tradding bottom's .

Still need to know tds i know a lad who wont listen to advice has a 6.5 ltr vessel with tap tds of about 45-60 ppm uses about 300-400 ltrs a day  over 4 days and buys a bag of resin almost  every month .

Because he fills direct to tank on almost full flow from tap , I keep telling him he needs double DI and static tank and he would save a fortune . Better off spending a bit more money at the start otherwise you end up spending way more . Mike

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:00:41 am »
Mine lasts indefinitely if I don't open it.

Marc Whitbread

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »
I used to do it this way my PPM is about 250-300 and I used to get through 2-2.5 bags a month I used to get them from daqua at £75 a bag inc vat & delivery for the best resin so was upwards of £150 per month now I have a RO system its about £200-£250 per year total running cost so a lot of money saved!