This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: DROUGHT ORDER
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 02:42:02 pm »
dont forget to also send one to your local MP,s and to the newspapers.
If we pester them enough ,maybe we could make a huge impact.

Dave

Pole2pole

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 09:07:12 pm »
Well, I emailed Keith Bates this afternoon with a few questions of my own along with an edited version of above letter Ian posted. He has got back to me Re: which water board i am referring to. He seemed pretty sincere and his response was pretty fast, so hopefully will have some info in the next 24 hours. When i hear more, i will share with you guys  :-*

williamx

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 10:04:27 pm »
Sent emails to the following

The Prime Minster Tony Blair

The Deputy Prime Minster John Prescott

Margaret Beckett  In charge of "Defra"

Keith Bates

The Cabinet Office

Lynne Jones my local mp

We could also think about donating some money to the Labour party while we still have some.

macc

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 10:26:43 pm »
no no no, we call them loans.  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 10:31:34 pm »
That's it.........  ;D It's time to give Mr B a bung......We get water on demand.........a lifetime peerage........and two weeks at Mr Berlusconis holiday villa......... We'll be quids in :)

neil100

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 11:00:27 pm »
I cleaned my local Conseravtive MP's windows today.

I asked if he was tralvelling down to London Tommorw to the houses of parliment?

He said yes, Then asked me " Is there any question you would like me to ask Tony Blair in Parliment this week? I'm asking questions for the Conservative party this week."

I related the topic of Drought orders  in some parts of the country, and the dilemma of a fatalty or bad accident as a result of a fall from a ladder because of the potential ban on wfp. I explained the Working at hight directives and how many w/cleaners are investing in wfp as a safer alternative to ladder work. I showed him my van set up and explained how it worked.

He said he would love to ask the question but he knows Tony would just side step the issue and I would not get a straight answer. But He his going to write to United Utilites and plead the case for allowing w/cleaners to carry on useing WFP instead of reverting to ladders.

Watch this space.

Nel.

Nel

Pole2pole

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 11:02:45 pm »
Who are United Utilities Nel??? (pleading Ignorance Here) :-\

neil100

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 11:06:27 pm »
They are our regions Water Authority.

The Lads a cracking MP. If he says he will write then he will.

Nel.

Pole2pole

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:53 pm »
Would i be right in saying that if one water authority gives the go ahead for us to carry on WFPing then they would all have to? Or is that just wishful thinking??? I know.....probably the latter  ::)