This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Door step cancelling
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 04:28:51 pm »
Hummer try not being so condescending, you only a window cleaner. Attacking one personally is a cheap blow and shows your level mentality . At least I do speak four languages how many are you fluent in, beside B/s

Magtig Smithie!

He only asked a question.

What are the four? English (almost  ;D), Afrikaans, Zulu and Xhosa?

;)
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 04:44:49 pm »
Hummer try not being so condescending, you only a window cleaner. Attacking one personally is a cheap blow and shows your level mentality . At least I do speak four languages how many are you fluent in, beside B/s

Magtig Smithie!

He only asked a question.

What are the four? English (almost  ;D), Afrikaans, Zulu and Xhosa?

;)

I think it's in descending order, ( means going up every time smithie) ::)roll

C o z y

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 05:02:44 pm »
Most time a customer who is a good customer will take the pee and it makes it a little more reasonable when you can refer to your T&C.99% its stops them and a good customer is kept on.If we just walk this good customer is lost forever.
I had a customer last year not pay and after 9 months settled with a invoiced amount 25 quid my T+C made it possible to get a further 55 pound of  her without sweat.I tell you the next windy she uses, they will not try that one again.
It is short sited to see yourself as one business out there on your own, but rather as one of a group within a industry.If you want to spend your lifetime in a industry why not better that industry for all.
I don`t like to blow my own trumpet but I did spend 4years at the University of
 Stellenbosch studying for A Degree in Commercial science. I am retired and enjoy window cleaning now as a way to provide stress free,easy money, extra income for my home.
I do appreciate other views but believe me this industry will grow up sooner or later and I am afraid bigger Companies will just push us aside as there is plenty of money to be made in cleaning while we squabble about T&C.If we do not rise to the level that large companies project.
   If you have dough's, look at the large window cleaning business that have robbed us of a big slice of your shop/commercial cleaning. So many of us clean these shops as subbies were we were once the man making the real money.

And all you chaps to small minded to move up a notch and be more professional and business minded.Dream well while Rome burns.Let rather argue about T+C and slip into the small time game of subbing were we work for pennies not pounds. Leave T+ C for the big guys your domestic business is next on the big list to acquire. I do not for this reason sub from no monkey as I will be next on there menu for lunch.

You're trying to stop the rising tide mate. I live i Germany, and you have to have a "Meisterschein" here to be able to do any cleaning on buildings at all! Except window cleaning. So because these firms have the maintenance contracts on large commercial jobs, it's part and parcel of these contracts to include window cleaning. This part is normally subbed out to small windies. (Not me )
These firms could buy and sell any of the firms I've seen on here, including some of the nationals in UK. In a local company to me "Schulz" they employ directly over 4000 people full time and at least the same on part time basis'.
These sort of firms have no interest on domestic private window customers, as just the invoicing and organisation needed to be at Mrs Smiths at 915am on every 4th Tuesday of the month is just not practical in the bigger picture of running a large organisation.

It's crumbs from the table if you like. So that part of any argument your making about big firms taking the bread off our tables is a non starter.

Whether we like it or not, window cleaning isn't perceived as a "proper" business by a lot of customers. Shiny van and 700 quid poles go un-noticed by the majority, and good quality work and fair price are seen as important to customers.

The fact that telecom engineers, or helicopter pilots do this for a living would come as a massive surprise to most custies. These T&C's are pointless IMO. However, I respect your well put points, but I disagree.

Keep it simple, get more work.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Ian101

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 05:08:02 pm »
bob plumb shows his sawn off purdy to any messers
Gav camm just gives em "the stare" - think phil mitchell
Richard "gold plated water" sparklydanglyisparkle just takes the money direct debit anyway

me - normally drop em there and then or tell them there on the when we can fit you in list at more money

we all have different ways

;D

Klean07

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »
I sent 5 texts last night but two came back saying "leave them this time come back in new year" I felt like replying with "Bar Humbug"
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

C o z y

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2013, 05:13:57 pm »
 :o :o Show 'em your T&C's mate  ::)roll

;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Klean07

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »
Can't be bothered with all that malarkey mate!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 05:20:09 pm »
:o :o Show 'em your T&C's mate  ::)roll

;D

yup will only take 27 texts i rekon

Simon Mess

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »
I have a lot of time for the man attempting to be business like in his business.You go mate.
This man has got more business scene that many on this forum, so don`t know a man for trying. Don`t use his spelling as a rod to beat him. Bulling, that`s all it is.
T and C  are not a contract, and do not need a signature.
IT`s a expectation of customer conduct in your business procedure.If more had the balls to write one you might not be treated like dirt.
Its so easy to knock it but some do not have the business brains so don`t knock it, if you are weak in your business ability.
Lets rather all duck when a customer treats like us unfairly. Because we don`t have any guts to stand our ground and expect a fair deal and through eggs and put our tails between our legs and stay away.

Smithie, you say don't use his spelling as a rod to beat him, but this isn't people having a go about a forum post as such, this is an 'official' document which is being handed out to customers. But it reads like it has been put together by a primary school kid. Surely he knows someone, good with words, who could have gone over these terms and conditions, before having them printed out and giving them to customers. I have already said i like the idea in principle, but in order for customers to take it seriously, it needs to look and read professional, and it needs to be much shorter.

James Bulton

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »
At least he had the courage to put anything on this forum that might resemble T and C. Most knock him and yet they never write any thing of substance.I just see glass houses and i am sure he will amend the small grammar and spelling mistakes. That`s if he every come on here again.
Mr. Gold moet nie kak praat as jy fokal weet.Ek praat soutie, Africaans, Hollandse/Flaams en Bathsotu.Ek lees nie al vier tale maar praat all vier. 

AuRavelling79

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »
>Smithie

Yebbut; Afrikaans/Dutch/Flemish is one language ...

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

PoleKing

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 09:53:44 pm »
>Smithie

Yebbut; Afrikaans/Dutch/Flemish is one language ...gobbledegook
 ;D ;D ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Johnny B

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2013, 06:08:29 pm »
I have a lot of time for the man attempting to be business like in his business.You go mate.
This man has got more business scene that many on this forum, so don`t know a man for trying. Don`t use his spelling as a rod to beat him. Bulling, that`s all it is.
T and C  are not a contract, and do not need a signature.
IT`s a expectation of customer conduct in your business procedure.If more had the balls to write one you might not be treated like dirt.
Its so easy to knock it but some do not have the business brains so don`t knock it, if you are weak in your business ability.
Lets rather all duck when a customer treats like us unfairly. Because we don`t have any guts to stand our ground and expect a fair deal and through eggs and put our tails between our legs and stay away.

I think I see what your point is, but I've found that, in this game, the answer is always "Get more work". When you have too much work and can't keep up, any customer who gets upperty or stroppy or messes you about, you weed 'em out and keep going.
When you haven't got enough work, then you find yourself bending to fit anyone and everyone. In my opinion, for what it's worth, if any windy tried to get me to read an A4 piece of paper full of this rule and that rule and blah blah blah, I'd tell the guy "No thanks" I'll use the other 1000,000 who don't make me stick to some un-enforcible waffle.

People see window cleaning as a service, but not as life and death. In the end, if YOU don't clean them, someone else will, and without an A4 bit of paper. People need to get the basics right. Get customers, and stop trying to make customers bend to fit your inability to put more customers into your business.

Keep things simple. Works for me. HTH

My thoughts exactly.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.